Ben and Skin to leave 105.3 The Fan!

efh313

Reaction score
I was watching NBC 5 news and this was a throw away comment!!
He said “Ben and Skin are not being fired but are leaving to pursue another opportunity that they have not yet made public.”

Anybody have any insider info?
That was one of my favorite shows on The Fan...

:(

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I remember when they moved into the 10am slot them saying they would have a big announcement coming soon. I’m guessing this is what it is?

efh313

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the tweets @WoodysGirl and @Parcells4Life!

It seems like more than a time slot move to me. I wonder if they are getting a TV show. I seem to remember them making a comment about how their show would do well on TV sometime last week... maybe they were dropping hints?

Well, either way, I wish them the best!

Mannix

Reaction score
They were the only good thing on that station...Jeff Cavanaugh, the stations Microphone Hog & Chris Arnold both make make me want to jump off the High 5.

DFWJC

Reaction score
One of my favorites.
True local Dallas sports fans thru and thru..
Funny, and not pompous radio talk like so many are these days
Often had some good and original takes as well.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sounds like typical contract reno stuff ad they went with another opp.
Usually, these type deals have a 60 day non-compete at the end so they can't promote the new gig yet.

Pretty big fan of Skin.
Ben and I share some taste in things but occasionally his takes grated on my nerves. And his then his crying victim when those takes fell apart was tough to handle. --See his Romo over-reaching love (former pick up basketball and golf partner) and Dak takes which were pretty negative at every chance.

Hope they end up somewhere as Skin is a really, really good Mavs listen.

Dunks3001

Reaction score
So any speculation on where they end up? I hope it's still radio and not YouTube or XM radio. The Ticket has a very solid line up though out the day. So, I don't think they can fit in over there. Maybe back to ESPN?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So any speculation on where they end up? I hope it's still radio and not YouTube or XM radio. The Ticket has a very solid line up though out the day. So, I don't think they can fit in over there. Maybe back to ESPN?
They already have a youtube channel but that's likely not the gig.
My guess would be The Ticket.
Norm has to retire at some point.