1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Ben Roethlisberger to retire

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Risen Star, Dec 30, 2021.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

27,219 Messages
    6,100 Likes Received
    He has been all about the drama the last few years when it comes to injuries. "Steelers report Big Ben isn't playing this Sunday because they amputated his leg", and of course he is out there looking like he was never injured. He has also talked about retirement before and came back. Maybe this time is real, but I'll have some doubts until it actually happens. Will this also be the end of Mike Tomlin? Pittsburgh hasn't won a playoff game since 2016 and more than likely they will miss the playoffs for the 3rd time in the last 4 seasons. A major rehaul may be needed without a solid QB.

BAT likes this.
  2. ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap Well-Known Member

900 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    Don't forget the egregious officiating.

BAT likes this.
  3. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,443 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    Dan Marino
    Fran Tarkenton
    Jim Kelly
    Warren Moon
    Dan Fouts

....all in the Hall of Fame, none of them won a Superbowl

Jim McMahan
    Doug Williams
    Trent Dilfer
    Brad Johnson

.....all Superbowl winners.

You are putting way too much in SB wins. Those Steeler teams had 8 future Hall of Famers.

You ever see Bradshaw play, he wasn't all that. Hell, his first 4 seasons....73 INT's...73!!!!!!!!!!! All those years and he only played in three pro bowls.

4. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

34,885 Messages
    84,316 Likes Received
    Ben should have retired a few years ago while he was still half decent instead of waiting & looking like a squirrel trying to cross the road.

5. bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter Well-Known Member

777 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    He was never raked over the coals in the media like other players either. His suspension was reduced from 6 to 4 games believe it or not. They actually reduced it. Then, if you remember, he immediately got married shortly after this mess.

BAT likes this.
  6. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,443 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    Most people get the celeb QB, weird women thing, real easy to give the QB benefit of the doubt.

7. ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap Well-Known Member

900 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received

Never said he was all that. But there is no counter argument to the 4 titles. You don't win 4 by being lucky no matter how great your defence is. Johnson, Dilfer, Williams and McMahon didn't win 4. But you can bet your *** they would be in the HOF if they did. Average or poor during the regular season or not. But I didn't bring up the HOF. Never said Ben wouldn't be in it.

8. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

11,290 Messages
    12,089 Likes Received
    I'd give him one loss. Brady is what, like 76?

john van brocklin likes this.
  9. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

4,685 Messages
    8,282 Likes Received
    correct

darthseinfeld likes this.
  10. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,443 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    Point is.....any QB would have won 4 SB's on those 70's Steelers teams.

Dude, Bradshaw had 73 INT's his first 4 seasons, all his numbers totally suck.

11. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

19,193 Messages
    15,138 Likes Received
    Terry was better.

On and off the field.

Roethlisberger never cared to stay in shape and take care of body in off season.

12. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

11,367 Messages
    18,812 Likes Received
    It's time, he is done.

13. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,443 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    How was Terry better, love to see this.

bonafidebanter likes this.
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

19,193 Messages
    15,138 Likes Received
    OJ did do it.

I bet you're one of THOSE GUYS amirite?

15. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

11,266 Messages
    16,120 Likes Received
    The Steelers won their first two Super Bowls on the backs of their defense. They won the next two on the backs of their offense, led by Bradshaw. You are seriously underrating him.

BAT likes this.
  16. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

19,193 Messages
    15,138 Likes Received
    QBs are judged on SB wins, CZ tells me this ALL THE TIME.

17. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Well-Known Member

626 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    LOL at everybody saying Ben sucks and should have retired years ago. Dude is completing 65% of his passes for 3,400 yards and 20 TDs against 8 INTs with two games left to play. He could very well crack 4,000 yards by the time the regular season ends.

Troy Aikman has no bigger fan than me, but 3,400 yards and 23 TDs with 14 INTs was a career year for him, and he has a gold jacket. Before arguing it was a different era and Emmitt consumed most of the offensive play calls, remember that Big Ben played with Jerome Bettis, Willie Parker, Leveon Bell, James Conner, and Najee Harris. They got plenty of touches.

Not to mention, as others have stated, that Roethlisberger never benefited from the QB protections referees offered other QBs from this era. Like other unusually large QBs in the modern era (e.g. Cam Newton) he took vicious hits like few this millennium have.

18. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,443 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    So you put Doug Williams over Dan Marino? You put Jim McMahan over Fran Tarkenton? Dilfer over Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly......really?

19. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

19,193 Messages
    15,138 Likes Received
    You are sucking on his tailpipe hard.

20. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

8,584 Messages
    15,124 Likes Received
    I won't feel old until Tom Brady retires. Since I started watching the NFL there were always quarterbacks older than me. Brady has 13 months on me. :laugh: