Bengals waive DL Takkarist McKinley following failed physical

reddyuta

Reaction score
I was right about him in the draft ,dude doesnt have any bend in his game at all.

817Gill

Reaction score
The 2017 1st round was full of bust pass rushers.

People love to roast the Cowboys for taking Taco Charlton over T.J. Watt; but remember McKinley (Falcons) and Charles Harris (Dolphins) were picked ahead of Watt as well.
Fact is Watt’s tweener size scared some teams off. There have been multiple guys who weren’t able to carve out a role with a similar physical profile. That being said I hope they learned their lesson about size vs talent.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Fact is Watt’s tweener size scared some teams off. There have been multiple guys who weren’t able to carve out a role with a similar physical profile. That being said I hope they learned their lesson about size vs talent.

FWIW, Bob Sturm said the Cowboys were never comfortable with the medical reports on Watt's knee. That might be retroactive butt-covering but apparently it was a factor.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Now we need some difference making DT's; though Neville Gallimore is starting to come on.

Jon Machota posted his 2021 roster prediction today with Gallimore and Hill as the starting DTs. I think those two with Hill and a draft pick at 1T are the rotation next year.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Jon Machota posted his 2021 roster prediction today with Gallimore and Hill as the starting DTs. I think those two with Hill and a draft pick at 1T are the rotation next year.

Jay Tufele out of USC in the second round would be my guy. Big, quick twitch three tech who can push the pocket and get to the QB. Would be a great addition to Gallimore, Hill, and Woods at the 1T. Also have us drafting Jordan Davis, the big NT out of Georgia, in the 4th round. The combo of Tufele, Gallimore, Hill, Davis, and Woods would be a nice mix at DT and would finally solidify the spot imo.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
One of those Hills must be a Woods.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Jay Tufele out of USC in the second round would be my guy. Big, quick twitch three tech who can push the pocket and get to the QB. Would be a great addition to Gallimore, Hill, and Woods at the 1T. Also have us drafting Jordan Davis, the big NT out of Georgia, in the 4th round. The combo of Tufele, Gallimore, Hill, Davis, and Woods would be a nice mix at DT and would finally solidify the spot imo.

Thanks, I haven't really looked at individual players but I would definitely lean toward a good NT in a spot like the 4th. IMO Gallimore and Hill are both penetrating 3Ts and Woods is a decent 1T, so a developmental NT would great.

But in the TDFT Scenario (trade down from 3), I love going CB and Safety with the first two picks and still getting that DT in the top of the 2nd.

John813

Reaction score
When keeping it real goes wrong.

Demand to be traded or cut, and then fail a physical with another team.

Proof

Reaction score

not just that, but he had big surgeries on both knees. Had we taken him and he was hurt it would’ve been “Jerry always trying to outsmart the league and get his discount injury specials”

Kaiser

Reaction score
I like what Gallimore has shown recently. But that wreaks of worst DTs in the NFL for about the 10th straight season

But Hill and Gallimore next year will be improved over what they showed this year, especially Gallimore. Dallas had a second round grade on both and they will have more development, more experience and a lot more time in the defensive scheme.

Look at the dramatic jump Hill made from last year to this year and then add that to both players again. And there is no question both guys have the physical skills to be above average starters.