Bennett our WOW player and future stud WR

chrisdavault

Reaction score
I think we have our WOW player here. Maybe this guy will be the WR we have been looking for. Lets think about this we have our servasiable backup TE in Curtis. So we do not really need a back up TE right.

Bennett has the tools to be a WR lets take a minute and look at this. he is 6'7" 248 (he is already down some from his college playing weight of 253lbs)

and compare this to some WR's in the recent years.

M. Bennett 6'7" 248lbs 40 time 4.68
Marques Colston 6'4" 231lbs and a 4.55 (converted from TE)
Calvin Johnson 6'5" 235lbs 4.35

If he dropped a few more pounds you could expect him to drop some time off of his 40 as well. and lets not forget 40 time does not mean everything T.O. ran just under 4.6 .

I think this guy will be our WR

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
chrisdavault;2057342 said:
I think we have our WOW player here. Maybe this guy will be the WR we have been looking for. Lets think about this we have our servasiable backup TE in Curtis. So we do not really need a back up TE right.

Bennett has the tools to be a WR lets take a minute and look at this. he is 6'7" 248 (he is already down some from his college playing weight of 253lbs)

If he dropped a few more pounds you could expect him to drop some time off of his 40 as well. and lets not forget 40 time does not mean everything T.O. ran just under 4.6 .

As silly as it sounds ..... I agree with you

chrisdavault

Reaction score
it is def on obvious. But when you think about it it sure is possible and Jerry did say that we might be surprised with how we get this WOW player.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
These idiots and the "WOW" statement is becoming rather annoying. Give it up, there is no "WOW" player.

parchy

Reaction score
If Garrett knows anything about the spread O, he knows "inside receivers" are just tight ends lined up as receivers close to the line. Tellus is fast and big enough that those small slants, screens and smash-ins would work perfectly. You line three guys on one side and put Tellus on the inside and that's money.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think that is what the Cowboys have planned.

Jerry and Wade said nothing about him changing positions last night in their presser.

We already have one project at WR we really don't need another.

chrisdavault

Reaction score
the draft is till going why would they want to tip their hand and say he might be a WR. also I do not believe this is a "project" at WR it is different when you are talking about QB to WR switch. TE is a WR with a little bit more responsibility. so the transition is a lot smoother and not necessarily a project.

morasp

Reaction score
He kind of seems like our Antonia Gates type tight end like Wade knew in San Diego. Basketball player, athletic, good hands, good blocker. I like this pick a lot. One poster was right, Fasano had a key drop in the playoffs, penalties that killed drives (mayge second to Adams), and not that many catches. He could be the tight end we wanted when everyone got excited about the two tight end set and the defense didn't know which one would get the ball and had to cover them both.

jimmy40

Reaction score

Uhhhhhhh no.

chrisdavault

Reaction score
we will find out soon enough but the two TE set never really took off. it was really set up because our online was bad and our QB was a statue. i think that was more a BP thing and is also a thing of the past

utrunner07

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2057414 said:
We already have one project at WR we really don't need another.

My thoughts exactly...why waste another pick on a guy that after two years of work and rarely seeing the field, might, MIGHT make an ok wide receiver...bad idea.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He can split out and play some WR but make no mistake he is a TE.

He needs to hit the weights though and I doubt we see the best of Martellus Bennet until year 2 or 3.

So you instant evaluators might want to try as hard as you can to hold your horses.

His ceiling is tremendously high though.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score

Big knock on him is his route running. He rounds off everything and drifts on routes longer than 10 yards.

That's a recipe for interceptions. If he's going to be a WR he'll have to fix that immediately. Not impossible, but it's an argument against him being a WR.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

I totally agree with this! Then Carp will move to the slot, with Crayton as our 4th option. Championship!

joseephuss

Reaction score
He will get utilized in a similar fashion that the Colts do with Dallas Clark.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I hope to hell that Dallas doesn't see him as that. Just what this team needs is another convert or a WR.