bernard hopkins questions mcnabb’s stomach

Reaction score
BERNARD HOPKINS QUESTIONS McNABB’S STOMACH

Posted by Tim MacMahon on November 12, 2008, 12:25 p.m. EST
Philadelphia born-and-bred boxing great Bernard Hopkins apparently uses Donovan McNabb as a punching bag on a regular basis. Hopkins’ most recent criticism of the Eagles’ quarterback Comcast SportsNet’s Monday Night Live program.
Hopkins questioned McNabb’s toughness after the quarterback looked queasy with the game on the line in the Eagles’ Sunday night loss to the Giants. It’s an especially sensitive topic in Philly, of course, since Terrell Owens made sure the world knew about McNabb losing his lunch during the deciding moments of the Eagles’ Super Bowl loss.
“Some people are athletes, still good, but don’t have that extra ‘I’m willing to sacrifice my life. I’m willing to sacrifice what I have to sacrifice to win.,’” Hopkins said, per Philly.com’s Sheil Kapadia. “People never forgot when things happen, they see a guy crumble under pressure. Whether they throw up on the highway, whether they throw up on the court, whether they throw up on the football field, when people see that, that sticks in the back of their mind.”
Hopkins added that McNabb would be better off playing in his hometown of Chicago, but the Eagles were stuck with him because of his contract.
“Every athlete should have that killer instinct in him, especially if you the quarterback,” Hopkins said. “If he’s not right here and here [pointing to heart and head], and don’t want it, the team feel the vibes.”

I know this is about Cowboys/Skins but couldn't pass this up since I hate the Eagles.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe McNabb has the heart and determination anymore anyway? I think most people figured he was just one of those guys who folds under the pressure, like this, after he did so in the Superbowl.

jman

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2414559 said:
BERNARD HOPKINS QUESTIONS McNABB’S STOMACH

Posted by Tim MacMahon on November 12, 2008, 12:25 p.m. EST
Philadelphia born-and-bred boxing great Bernard Hopkins apparently uses Donovan McNabb as a punching bag on a regular basis. Hopkins’ most recent criticism of the Eagles’ quarterback Comcast SportsNet’s Monday Night Live program.
Hopkins questioned McNabb’s toughness after the quarterback looked queasy with the game on the line in the Eagles’ Sunday night loss to the Giants. It’s an especially sensitive topic in Philly, of course, since Terrell Owens made sure the world knew about McNabb losing his lunch during the deciding moments of the Eagles’ Super Bowl loss.
“Some people are athletes, still good, but don’t have that extra ‘I’m willing to sacrifice my life. I’m willing to sacrifice what I have to sacrifice to win.,’” Hopkins said, per Philly.com’s Sheil Kapadia. “People never forgot when things happen, they see a guy crumble under pressure. Whether they throw up on the highway, whether they throw up on the court, whether they throw up on the football field, when people see that, that sticks in the back of their mind.”
Hopkins added that McNabb would be better off playing in his hometown of Chicago, but the Eagles were stuck with him because of his contract.
“Every athlete should have that killer instinct in him, especially if you the quarterback,” Hopkins said. “If he’s not right here and here [pointing to heart and head], and don’t want it, the team feel the vibes.”

I know this is about Cowboys/Skins but couldn't pass this up since I hate the Eagles.

Just a couple of things here...

1) ..."since Terrell Owens made sure the world knew about McNabb losing his lunch during the deciding moments of the Eagles’ Super Bowl loss."

I think everyone saw McNabb puke on national TV...TO didn't break any news there.

2) ...“People never forgot when things happen, they see a guy crumble under pressure. Whether they throw up on the highway, whether they throw up on the court, whether they throw up on the football field, when people see that, that sticks in the back of their mind.”

I saw Drew Pearson throw up through his face mask in a loss to Cleveland...it wasn't because he didn't have heart, it was because he gave everything he had.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jman;2414577 said:
Just a couple of things here...

1) ..."since Terrell Owens made sure the world knew about McNabb losing his lunch during the deciding moments of the Eagles’ Super Bowl loss."

I think everyone saw McNabb puke on national TV...TO didn't break any news there.

2) ...“People never forgot when things happen, they see a guy crumble under pressure. Whether they throw up on the highway, whether they throw up on the court, whether they throw up on the football field, when people see that, that sticks in the back of their mind.”

I saw Drew Pearson throw up through his face mask in a loss to Cleveland...it wasn't because he didn't have heart, it was because he gave everything he had.

And, as I recall, didn't Pearson routinely throw up anyway? I know that I remember when I was watching Americas Game about the 1977 Superbowl championship of the Cowboys that Hollywood Henderson told the story that one of the things Pearson brought to the Cowboys every week, other than just being a clutch reciever, was that he'd throw up on the sidelines, or in the locker room, before or during every game.

Also I know from watching one of the Missing Rings series, about the Bills, apparently Jim Kelly used to throw up before almost every game as well. Though that might be a bad example cause he never won a championship I don't think anyone could question his heart.

So, with those in mind, I suppose I have to eat my words, to a degree, cause McNabb simply throwing up doesn't mean he doesn't have the heart or desire. That was a piss poor thing for me to assume.

Deep_South

Reaction score
If McNabb keeps playing even though throwing up, doesn't that mean exactly the opposite of what Hopkins is implying?

Reaction score
McNabb is an above QB at this time. T.O. made McNabb a better QB than he is. McNabb and the Eagles have not done anything since Owens left.

This will be McPukes last year in Philly!

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2414600 said:
Never thought of you as a perv until now. :p: ;)

:lmao2:

.Heck, McChunky has a nine figure contract and a soup endorsement... what else would he possibly need?:confused:

zeroburrito

Reaction score
what a joke. i bet mcnabb has more heart and determination than anyone on this message board. hes a very good qb with one weapon on his team. he has the worst wr's every year(made it to the sb WITHOUT owens), yet he kept making nfc champ and got to the sb. total joke.

bigE79

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2414660 said:
what a joke. i bet mcnabb has more heart and determination than anyone on this message board. hes a very good qb with one weapon on his team. he has the worst wr's every year(made it to the sb WITHOUT owens), yet he kept making nfc champ and got to the sb. total joke.
mcflabb STINKS:suxiggle:

Reaction score

:laugh1: :lmao2: :laugh2:

Kilyin

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2414585 said:
And, as I recall, didn't Pearson routinely throw up anyway? I know that I remember when I was watching Americas Game about the 1977 Superbowl championship of the Cowboys that Hollywood Henderson told the story that one of the things Pearson brought to the Cowboys every week, other than just being a clutch reciever, was that he'd throw up on the sidelines, or in the locker room, before or during every game.

Also I know from watching one of the Missing Rings series, about the Bills, apparently Jim Kelly used to throw up before almost every game as well. Though that might be a bad example cause he never won a championship I don't think anyone could question his heart.

So, with those in mind, I suppose I have to eat my words, to a degree, cause McNabb simply throwing up doesn't mean he doesn't have the heart or desire. That was a piss poor thing for me to assume.

But they didn't throw up DURING THE GAME, with less than 2 minutes on the clock.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score

the eagles defense and brian westbrook took the eagles to the superbowl and nfc championship games.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
While no one will ever mistake Benard Hopkins as a Morehead Scholar, heart is one thing this guy is an expert in.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin;2414971 said:
But they didn't throw up DURING THE GAME, with less than 2 minutes on the clock.
Actually Drew Pearson did throw up on the field during games. I saw him do it more than once. But it didn't matter because he was clutch. That playoff game in Atlanta comes to mind. 1981?

Kilyin

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2415368 said:
Actually Drew Pearson did throw up on the field during games. I saw him do it more than once. But it didn't matter because he was clutch. That playoff game in Atlanta comes to mind. 1981?

On the sideline? Mcnabb spews chunks in the huddle, when he's supposed to be calling plays. Still a big difference.