Best bet to replace Price? I think fmr 7th rd pick Joey Ivie

_sturt_

Reaction score
The cowboys didn't didn't offer him a spot on the practice squad...

Obviously, my inclination was wrong. And, true, they didn't offer him a spot on the practice squad... there's little debate that Neal had greater upside.

Otoh, I think you probably recognize the logic in thinking they may have went back to Ivie... ie, the DC loved the pick originally, and at least one other team validated his infatuation by picking him up on their PS... and, like most, I thought they'd replace a 1-tech with a 1-tech.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously, my inclination was wrong. And, true, they didn't offer him a spot on the practice squad... there's little debate that Neal had greater upside.

Otoh, I think you probably recognize the logic in thinking they may have went back to Ivie... ie, the DC loved the pick originally, and at least one other team validated his infatuation by picking him up on their PS... and, like most, I thought they'd replace a 1-tech with a 1-tech.
I just thought it was odd they didn't offer him a PS spot considering how much Marinelli liked him at draft time.

csirl

Reaction score
I just thought it was odd they didn't offer him a PS spot considering how much Marinelli liked him at draft time.

Is it possible he simply chose to go to Atlanta i.e. rejected a spot on our PS.