Best CB shadowing best WR, and it worked, who'd have thought!

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
We play so much better when we play aggressive DB play. Jamming, tighter coverage etc. It makes the game so much harder for the QB's in particular because there is no "easy" decision and pass and catch. Yes, sometimes guys will get very open, but the Qb will not always have time to get the ball to them, or might not even see them. Oh yeah, there is also the chance that your team will get the occassional important turnover, like Newman did, when you are close to the other teams receiver.

Why it takes 12 years to see this and have Newman shadow a guy across the field when sometimes we have our shortest against their tallest, or our slowest against there fastest, etc etc. Scheme does matter. It helped last night!

LarryCanadian

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Great points all around. Actually my local high school team here has done that all year long and it's been effective. We would take our best corner, have the guy cover their best WR no matter where he goes on the field.

Cowboys had a great game plan against the skins defensively, and since Wade's taken over (something he should've done all alone) our defense has been pretty solid.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I didn't see the jamming, but I saw tighter coverage than earlier this season. Of course toward the 4th we started playing off again.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
yea I didn't see the jamming but they were definitely playing 1-3 yards off the ball most of the time and Newman is a monster.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Newman had a few good jams on Moss at the snap. I beleive one occured on the play where Moss got the Offensive PI, Newman ran up and pop'd him good.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Remember when we played Carolina like 3 straight years or something.

Parcells had Newman shawdow Steve Smith...and he shut him out completely. Even got Smith ejected from a game once.

In my opinion, ANY time we play an elite WR, Newman needs to shadow him. Simple as that.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2425999 said:
Remember when we played Carolina like 3 straight years or something.

Parcells had Newman shawdow Steve Smith...and he shut him out completely. Even got Smith ejected from a game once.

In my opinion, ANY time we play an elite WR, Newman needs to shadow him. Simple as that.

Big or tall newman can cover em all.