Best Franchise?

JessicaMonroe

Reaction score
So not like they are doing that much better this season, a buddy of mine who is a devout Steelers fan made it a point to rub it in my face this list of the best sports franchises where the Steelers are ranked (slightly) above the Cowboys. Now I know they have the championships on their side and all that but even as an obviously biased Cowboys fan, I find it hard to see why Pittsburgh would be above Dallas on an all-time level. I can't say I know what they are taking into account when voting, but I do know that I'm the kind of girl who will gather up a bunch of Cowboys faithfuls to vote and prove him wrong. Anyone with me?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The only reason anyone would rank anyone above the Cowboys is because they are haters. :cool:

Ren

Reaction score
As much as i hate them Manchester United should be #1 if they're going for a world wide ranking. They're worth more then all the others on that list and have had far more success

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ren;4160735 said:
As much as i hate them Manchester United should be #1 if they're going for a world wide ranking. They're worth more then all the others on that list and have had far more success

The only reason they are so popular is because the sport only requires a ball. 3rd world countries can afford a ball. :muttley:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4160811 said:
The only reason they are so popular is because the sport only requires a ball. 3rd world countries can afford a ball. :muttley:
:rolleyes:

MC KAos

Reaction score
how are the bulls ahead of the spurs? if this is based on success, the bulls might have more titles, but outside of the MJ era this team has been HORRIBLE! last year was their best year outside of that era! the spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times their entire history, have the second or third highest winning percentage in league history, and the third most titles since they joined the NBA, behind the bulls and lakers, tied with the celtics

Ren

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4160811 said:

The 3rd world country i live in has the highest living standard and average income in the world according to an annual UN survey. Guess it's from all the money we save only having to buy a ball :laugh2:

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I am not a soccer fan by any means but I would have to echo Ren...you go with the team that is worth the most worldwide & most successful. The sport has no rival globally.

csirl

Reaction score
Ren;4160735 said:

United's success rate in Europe is poor, considering the number of Premierships they've won. Barcelona is a much more valuable soccer team. United's near rivals, Liverpool, have won more Champions League/European Cups.

csirl

Reaction score
Should franchises be judged in isolation - there a groups of franchises in different sports owned by the same people. Some of you are probably not aware that the following premiership teams are owned by people who own US franchises.

Liverpool FC = Boston Red Sox
Manchester United = Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arsenal = St Louis Rams
Aston Villa = Cleveland Browns