Best HC since JJ and we don't appreciate him

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

10,685 Messages
    9,508 Likes Received
    Sorry, not giving you him over Parcells. Parcells was an amazing coach and transformed the losing culture into a winning one year one.

If not for the bobble...who knows what would have happened.

Mac is the best we have had, by far, since him. That isn't saying much though.

2. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

18,831 Messages
    19,953 Likes Received
    Why are you here you don’t even watch the games.

Seven likes this.
  3. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Well-Known Member

1,495 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    He's 5-1. The clapper is gone. The team is playing well. Its all good.

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  4. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

5,742 Messages
    7,685 Likes Received
    It's funny you bring up Urban Meyer. There's 2 coaches I really wanted during the last couple years of the failed Garrett experiment. One was Urban Meyer and the other one is a former ESPN MNF announcer, and I'm not even going to say his name. When Meyer was filmed dancing with his side chick in a bar after a loss the first thought I had was, "McCarthy doesn't seem so bad right now". When the former Raiders coach resigned I had the same thought. I am warming up to McCarthy from last years debacle. But the main point I want to make is I'll take poor clock management and some bad game time decisions over those other 2 coaches any day. I appreciate McCarthy more now than I did at the start of the season because 2 coaches I wanted proved to embarrass their franchises. I'll gladly take some mistakes over embarrassment and/or ignorance any day.

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  5. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,552 Messages
    12,049 Likes Received
    Other than Jason. That’s a pretty sad group there oh Demarcus Tours in bad

6. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

3,622 Messages
    1,118 Likes Received
    Head Coach Urban Meyer's priority, while savoring his Jaguar's team 1-5 record, is getting besotted while enjoying lap dances and telling the Jaguars players to stay out of trouble and to carry themselves professionally off the field.

7. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

4,760 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    Between 2003 through 2007 season this group of players are in 8th place for most wins in the NFL.

Dallas is out of the top ten during Dak's tenure (excluding 2021). Counting this year Dallas is in 9th place for most wins.

Not trying to put Dak and the current team down, rather I am saying those players won a lot of games and had a good run.

8. Scotman

Scotman Well-Known Member

3,667 Messages
    4,673 Likes Received
    Win a Superbowl or three and I then we can talk about his place in the Cowboys' coaching hierarchy.

I will say, there does seem to be more of a air of accountability among the players. We all know, because we've watched it for over two decades, that doesn't happen by accident. He has to get credit for that. We know that didn't come from Jones or his offspring.

I'm not unhappy with MM at all. In my own mind, I gave him a pass for the debacle last year. I'm happy with the hunger the guys seem to have. I'm happy that win or lose the guys seem to be talking about the next game. I'm happy that I'm hearing more about improving and less about the reasons we failed. I don't want anyone telling me to watch the tape. I want to hear that they've watched the tape and have a plan.

I think MM is doing a good job of team-building.

Now, go get us some trophies.

Seven likes this.
  9. Miller

Miller Well-Known Member

9,540 Messages
    10,648 Likes Received
    Agree! I said this is another thread but weird and great that all of a sudden things happen like a) coming out ready to play and not flat b) halftime adjustments happen c) finish games even when things go against you. No process either. Guys not perfect but it’s a huge improvement

Ranching likes this.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,836 Messages
    10,676 Likes Received
    With all of his talent, he was gone from the NFL and very few fans remember his name. What was Parcells supposed to do, slap him? It says more about a Bryant than it says about Parcells. Bryant came away looking like a complete hot-headed thug. Does undisciplined, thug players impress you? There has been many players that have attacked coaches when they couldn’t control themselves. It didn’t take long for everybody to forget them when they are out of the league and take jobs being people greeters at Walmart.

11. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    36,063 Messages
    91,949 Likes Received
    Jimmy and Parcells in his prime would have both cut him or at least suspend him.

12. dacoming

dacoming Active Member

151 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Never said I was an expert, being a fan qualifies me to state my opinion. And my opinion matches many on this board and in the media. Why are you so testy? Is McCarthy your daddy or something? If so, I apologize.

13. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    31,248 Messages
    31,064 Likes Received
    You have a short memory. Alzheimer's? The starting QB and the entire offensive line was injured last year as well as many others.

HungryLion and Ranching like this.
  14. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    36,063 Messages
    91,949 Likes Received
    Apology accepted....

15. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    36,063 Messages
    91,949 Likes Received
    So my opinion doesn't matter? Only those that agree with you......

16. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

2,140 Messages
    3,038 Likes Received
    Yeah, the only thing we have to worry about with big Mike is him getting lazy and getting too many massages :laugh:

plymkr likes this.
  17. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

10,423 Messages
    17,073 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have had 4 effective Head Coaches during their existence. Big Mike is one of them.

Ranching likes this.
  18. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

2,140 Messages
    3,038 Likes Received
    So I guess Scott linahan should be given his job back for bringing in kellen by your logic. All coaches on staff are approved by Mike, he gets the good and bad when it comes to credit ...

Ranching likes this.
  19. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

35,547 Messages
    15,766 Likes Received
    Rockport was a dogface...and is directionally accurate on Cowboys actual views. He easily qualifies for a long suffering fan, with the rest of us.

20. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

9,560 Messages
    9,826 Likes Received
    Clicking around (but NOT lingering)….

“…when we come back…what’s up with Mike McCarthy?”

“Disaster in Dallas…the HC…we’ll discuss”

“What is that moron doing?”

All the shows are running multiple features, every day, for one reason. Manufactured drama brings rating$. Far too many people NEED something to fuss over. Dumpster fires, confrontation, heated debates, outrageous speculations—all, sadly, comfort food for the masses.