Best Movie AND Trailer Combo

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@GMO415 gave me this idea inadvertently.

Everyone has a favorite movie.

Everyone has really enjoyed a great trailer for an upcoming movie.

A great movie may have a so-so trailer preceding it. Conversely, a great trailer may have a pathetic movie that follows it. People usually have varying degrees of appreciation of the movie and its trailer.

My question is which combination of trailer and film have you enjoyed the most? Again, this is not about one or the other but the most entertainment enjoyment gained from trailer and movie together.

My personal combo favorite remains Kill Bill: Volume I and its trailer. The trailer kept me on the edge of my seat for months before the movie's debut. And the film totally lived up to its trailer's hype for me.

I still play some of the songs from the movie soundtrack on my iPhone. :laugh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

A great movie may have a so-so trailer preceding it. Conversely, a great trailer may have a pathetic movie that follows it. People usually have varying degrees of appreciation of the movie and its trailer.

My question is which combination of trailer and film have you enjoyed the most? Again, this is not about one or the other but the most entertainment enjoyment gained from trailer and movie together.

My personal combo favorite remains Kill Bill: Volume I and its trailer. The trailer kept me on the edge of my seat for months before the movie's debut. And the film totally lived up to its trailer's hype for me.

Not completely in the spirit of the thread, but I absolutely loved the trailers for La La Land. Havent seen the actual movie though. I just really the dream like feel of the trailer was very well executed

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Tarentino always has amazing soundtracks. Always good for a couple gems

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not completely in the spirit of the thread, but I absolutely loved the trailers for La La Land. Havent seen the actual movie though. I just really the dream like feel of the trailer was very well executed
It's cool.

I am a weird egg. I rarely re-watch the trailer for Kill Bill: Volume II but have replayed the movie many times. On the other hand, I have watched Kill Bill: Volume I WAY too many times and YouTubed its trailer just as often (or more). Both movies are from the same story but I enjoyed the first combo of flim and trailer far more than the second set.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's cool.

I am a weird egg. I rarely re-watch the trailer for Kill Bill: Volume II but have replayed the movie many times. On the other hand, I have watched Kill Bill: Volume I WAY too many times and YouTubed its trailer just as often (or more). Both movies are from the same story but I enjoyed the first combo of flim and trailer far more than the second set.
Honestly I thought 2 was so so. At least compared to 1.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like comedies, and the trailer for The Heat made the movie look really funny. As it turned out, the movie was friggin' hilarious! The first time I watched it, I don't think I stopped laughing for more than 30 consecutive seconds.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going with your guidelines: I think the best trailer of all time that matches the crazy tone of one of the best movies of all time! Funny we have a Keanu Reeves theme going here!

Great choice!

An epic start for a franchise that ultimately went off the rails.

I can't help but to wonder when this intellectual property will be revisited in some capacity?