CFZ Best Playoff scenarios

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Worst playoff scenario for the Cowboys would be having to play San Francisco again. The 49ers may currently be the best team in the NFC.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Still a long way to go, anything good or bad can happen in 6 games
True, last season we looked like a lock to play Arizona. Then San Francisco upsets the Rams and we get the third seed. How things might have been different.:laugh:

TheHerd

Reaction score
Since it's Sunday and the Cowboys played on Thanksgiving and we don't have a game today, Let's go over the playoff scenario you would most likely see.
You can do it however you like. If you think the Cowboys get the 1 seed and the bye, hey, it's your choice. If you think the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, that's fine too.
None of this is a prediction. It's what you want to see happen. Nothing more.

Personally, I can see the Cowboys getting the 5 seed, even if we beat Philly on Christmas eve. From there I would love to see them play Tom Brady, in his last game ever, get smoked by the Cowboys. Giving him that 1st loss ever vs the Cowboys.
Then, I'd love to see them play Philly. I'd love to see the Cowboys just smoke, them in Philly, after their "amazing season".
Then, finally off to play the 49ers. Nothing would be better then to play San Fran in another NFC championship game. I'd love to see the Cowboys March down the field with time running out to score a TD and win the game to make up for last year.
In the superbowl, it would be great to see the Cowboys play KC because they've been a top team under Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes for years now.
To me, that would be the perfect ending to this season. And it would be great to get the monkey off this teams back.
Do I believe it'll happen, no. But it's sure nice to dream.
Brady may not retire for a while now that Gisele dumped him. It's not like he's the reason they're struggling.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I don't want any part of playing Tom Brady in the playoffs.

I'd love to have the bye, and then play a team like Seattle or Minnesota the following week.
Your not crazy, I don't either. Look what happened with Rodgers in GB, they were hurt, terrible, falling apart and he still beat us. Would not bet against Brady finding his form in Dec and making a long playoff run in the NFC. No way, let someone else play the Bucs in the first round please.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Like many around here, I’ve been following for decades, and it’s tough to get used to how much of the season is left after Thanksgiving.

This date used to feel as if we were headed directly into the home stretch, but we kind of aren’t just yet.

The playoffs don’t even start now until mid January.

Lots of ball to be played still. Much more than it seems.

Motorola

Reaction score
Since it's Sunday and the Cowboys played on Thanksgiving and we don't have a game today, Let's go over the playoff scenario you would most likely see.
You can do it however you like. If you think the Cowboys get the 1 seed and the bye, hey, it's your choice. If you think the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, that's fine too.
None of this is a prediction. It's what you want to see happen. Nothing more.

Personally, I can see the Cowboys getting the 5 seed, even if we beat Philly on Christmas eve. From there I would love to see them play Tom Brady, in his last game ever, get smoked by the Cowboys. Giving him that 1st loss ever vs the Cowboys.
Then, I'd love to see them play Philly. I'd love to see the Cowboys just smoke, them in Philly, after their "amazing season".
Then, finally off to play the 49ers. Nothing would be better then to play San Fran in another NFC championship game. I'd love to see the Cowboys March down the field with time running out to score a TD and win the game to make up for last year.
In the superbowl, it would be great to see the Cowboys play KC because they've been a top team under Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes for years now.
To me, that would be the perfect ending to this season. And it would be great to get the monkey off this teams back.
Do I believe it'll happen, no. But it's sure nice to dream.
The Vikings' schedule down the stretch could get dicey.
Have home games v. Jets (who will be the QB?), Colts (interim raw rookie HC, reinstated long-in-the tooth QB), and Giants (injury-plagued at this time).
But the other three games are at their division rivals - the Lions (playing every opponent tough), the Packers (will Rodgers' thumb be ok), and Bears will QB Fields be back from separated shoulder for season finale?).

TheHerd

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I don't want any part of playing Tom Brady in the playoffs.

I'd love to have the bye, and then play a team like Seattle or Minnesota the following week.
Brady hills us, and SF is the best team in the conference. Their D is even better then ours.

ArtClink

Reaction score
This is the worst NFL season as far as bad teams and very few great teams I’ve ever seen, so if we fail to reach the nfc championship game again this season, then we’re even more snakebite by the Jones model then I thought. If we can’t win this year, then when will we ever mk it to an nfc championship? The 30th anniversary of us playing in an nfc championship is looming.

Any chance the fuhrer will put Jimmy in the ROH this year as promised?

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
If we get past the Brady hurdle, Philly will be there waitng, and then who? San Fran?

Mmm, not liking this scenario...hope order changes the rest of the way.

pitt33

Reaction score
KC vs San Francisco in a SB rematch.

I can just feel it.

Carson

Reaction score
If we get past the Brady hurdle, Philly will be there waitng, and then who? San Fran?

Mmm, not liking this scenario...hope order changes the rest of the way.
If Dallas gets the 5, it’s possible they get TB/ ATL then Minnesota then Philly in the NFC Championship. Would be the easiest road to the Super Bowl

RandyOh

Reaction score
The stick it to the sports media and Cowboys haters path would certainly be the path you set. Beating Brady, Philly, San Fran, and then the Chiefs would make heads explode in glorious fashion. Give me ATL, Minn, NY, & anyone but the Chiefs. I just want the SB win. I dont need some ultra bragging rights path to be happy about a SB win

ghst187

Reaction score
Guessing…
Philly
minny vs Hawks
Niners vs Commanders or NYG?
Bucs vs Cowboys

which would likely mean that if we win that…
R2
Cowboys@Philly
Niners@minny

If we win that….NFC Champ game:
Cowboys@Niners….

don’t see us getting an easy path