Best Quartbacks in NFL History Tier List

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plunkett (72-72) and Eli (117-117) both had a veritable "push" regarding career regular season winning %. Both were the very definition of mediocrity. And yea, their teams won Superbowls, but over half the QBs in the league would have done the same with those teams.
Good players can be on average or worse teams for significant portions of their career. I tend to lean away from team win/loss records for that reason.

I do not embrace it strongly but I would lean more towards team postseason win/loss records as a reflection of how well the player performed as an individual player on an above average team. In that regard, Jim Plunkett (8-2) and Eli Manning (8-4) are still similar but does show how well they and their better teams performed after the regular season ended.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Dumbest list I've ever seen. As is typical for someone who wasn't watching the game in the 70s and earlier, this list works against players who played in the old system where the QBs had much, much less protection, were never allowed to throw the ball away, and there was no bump and run; the defender could rough up the receiver till the ball was in the air. Also, anyone who would rank Brett Favre above Roger Staubach is a moron. And only one player in tier 1?

Is there some kind of contest to be as clueless as possible? Whoever made this list might win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The first family of NFL QB’s.
99TO6O6.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This
Is
A
Football
Thread

Thread cleaned. Leave the innuendo, accusations, socio-political babble and This is The People's Court out of it.

Thread benchings, etc., start now.

Thread re-opened.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Matt Ryan and McNabb should not be on this list. Favre needs to be down a bit. Fouts needs to be elevated. Where the hell is Roger???? Tier 4??? No way. Elway needs to be on that second line. Eli higher than Bradshaw? Insanity. This is a fun list though.

As strange as it may seem Bradshaw with four rings is rarely mentioned with the great ones. Wonder why? Maybe the Hollywood Henderson cat joke? :lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
Dumbest list I've ever seen. As is typical for someone who wasn't watching the game in the 70s and earlier, this list works against players who played in the old system where the QBs had much, much less protection, were never allowed to throw the ball away, and there was no bump and run; the defender could rough up the receiver till the ball was in the air. Also, anyone who would rank Brett Favre above Roger Staubach is a moron. And only one player in tier 1?

Is there some kind of contest to be as clueless as possible? Whoever made this list might win.
I mean, seriously, this list was obviously done by a very dumb person.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s partly the medias fault for attaching winning championships as only measurement of greatness.

Much like we attach Gold medals as the only measurement in Olympics . You have to beat out thousands to reach the Olympics . And to even place a medal is truly a tremendous achievement.
yeah if your not # 1 or the best no one cares lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where do y’all find this stuff. Can just anybody do their own ranking? At least this joker found bubble gum pics of the QB’s.

Ya got ya choice of Aikman, Staubach or E. Manning. Who ya gonna call?
Just like people making fun of Booger! Everyone has an opinion......just like everyone has a butt hole

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just on the pure physical ability to consistently and accurately make all the professional throws its Rodgers and Marino.

This is my opinion and does not include ALL the everything else categories that go into being an NFL QB.

Just strictly the physical passing talent of the oblong ball.

Prime Marino or Rodgers.
Its one or the other imo.
Aikman was as accurate as anybody.

He didn't adlib well but he was often called robo QB due to his uncanny accuracy.

Anybody remember the Tuinei with the gatorade bottle on his head story...