Best Singers Ever Male & Female

terra

Reaction score
Now are you saying SINGER as in their voice or PERFORMER?

There are some top PERFORMERS out there who frankly have pretty lousy singing talent. Rod Stewart come to mind. Tina Turner does not have a great voice but she is a great performer.

Celine Dion is not in my mind a great performer but her voice is incredible.

Creeper

Reaction score
There are so many great singers to choose from and it depends on the genre of music. Don Henley has a great rock voice, as does Huey Lewis. Ann Wilson of Heart had a great Rock voice too. And so did Grace Slick. But for voices that just floor me for their quality I'd go with:

Male: Andrea Bocelli or Nat King Cole

Female: Whitney Houston or Roberta Flack

terra

Reaction score
Interesting voice. He is like a male version of Mariah Carey. He has a good voice. Great range but I am not a fan of exploiting range with falsetto for the sake of showing range.
If you listen to Mariah Carey's early work she really used her voice well. Then she got all warbly and crap and I have never like listening to her since.

Xelda

Reaction score
Interesting voice. He is like a male version of Mariah Carey. He has a good voice. Great range but I am not a fan of exploiting range with falsetto for the sake of showing range.
I get what you're saying but this was from a singing competition. He's done quite a bit more since.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Classic rock: Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin

Soul: Al Green
Aretha Franklin

Dolly Parton

R&B: Prince
Christina Aguilera

Metal: Ronnie James Dio

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Hard to determine the best of course but i know that Ann Wilson is up there very very high.

Her voice is incredible and has held it's strength for over 40 years, remarkable really.