-Dez was washed up
-Des wasn't worth the money
-Dez was going to get cut
-Dez was bad at running routes
-Dez wouldn't play again
-Dez wasn't coming back to Dallas
-Dez was more trouble than he was worth

Did I leave anything out?
I never said those things. You have me confused for someone else.

John813

Reaction score
What's Earl Thomas opinion on the best threesome he's ever seen?

Of wide receivers of course.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My vote goes to the Pearson, Hill, Johnson trio
But plenty of good ones.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Best threesome at widereceiver in Dallas history?? In my hand I got Joey Galloway. Terry Glenn and Antonio Bryant. Anybody want to say they have a better 3??? Now the three we have this season maybe one for the ages but as of now I think my hand would be hard to beat.
Umm..

Tony Hill, Drew Pearson, Preston Pearson, Doug Cosbie and Butch Johnson. Also add Tony Dorsett out of the backfield.

And Stauback pulling the strings.

It was something to watch the 4th Qt comebacks.

This was the Legends our team was built on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Stat compilers that have done nothing significant in the post season and kept us from getting there by letting perfect passes go through their hands .

Most potential yes but the games have to be played to prove they are the best . Need to see Big catches in the post season or to at least get us there .
They will have you eating crow. There is a difference between the best and greatest. The "greatest" have proven themselves, the best have potential but not necessarily reached it yet. I still stand by my words that the current trio is the best.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve had some good ones.

Hayes, Allworth, Rentzel or Sellers
Pearson, Hill, Johnson or Renfro
Irvin, Harper, Martin or Williams

Those would be my top 3. Tough to knock any of them. I certainly wouldn’t place this trio in the conversation . Not until we see some results for a few years.

irishline

Reaction score
Before Cooper and Gallup the only 2,000 WR were Drew "clutch" Pearson and Tony "thrill" Hill.

Terry Glenn and Terrell Owen's from 2006 say hello.

Loved me some Terry Glenn. And loved me some Tony Hill. Two under rated receivers. Your trio, imo, was better but Glenn, Owens, and Crayton wasn't too shabby either.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They will have you eating crow. There is a difference between the best and greatest. The "greatest" have proven themselves, the best have potential but not necessarily reached it yet. I still stand by my words that the current trio is the best.
You can say that but it’s ridiculous to say they’re the best when they haven’t played a down together .

It’s nothing more than speculative cheerleading which is fine as long as it’s presented as such.

No one is denying they have great potential but the proof is in the pudding not some Pom Poms. lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These guys have some work to do matching these accomplishments .

s-l400.jpg.cf.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wouldn’t place any of these current guys in those categories just yet.

Yea, it’s fun to talk about the possibilities but SHOW ME THE MONEY and I’ll lead the cheers.

Flamma

Reaction score
What are we going by? I think the '79 or '78 Cowboys had the best 3. One of those years both Hill and Pearson had over 1000 yards. Butch Johnson was a very good WR but had little playing time due to the Cowboys running 2WR sets 80-90% of the time. That's a lot of yards for WRs on a team that's running screens and run plays all game.