Best Zombie Movies of All Time

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-zombie-horror-films/ranker-film

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/essential-zombie-movies/

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls021244475/

Can you name your Best/Top Zombie Movies of All time ?

Here's a look at Mine:

1) Dawn of Dead (1978)
2) Gates of Hell ala (City of the Living Dead)
3) Return of Living Dead
4) Return of the Living Dead 3
5) Land of the Dead

6) Day of the dead
7) Dawn of Dead (remake-2004)
8) Dead Alive
9) Re-Animator
10) Resident Evil
11) Zombie (1979)
12) Pet Sematary
13) Serpent and the Rainbow

14) Tombs of the Blind Dead
15) World War Z
16) Cemetery Man
17) Night of the Living Dead (1968)
18) Night of the Living Dead (remake 1990)

19) Fido
20) Night of the Creeps
21) Train to Busan
22) Shaun of the Dead
23) Zombie Land
24) Army of the Dead
25) Warm Bodies

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Missing:

Night of the Comet
World War Z
Zombieland 1,2

Zombieland is terrific! One of those movies I could watch again and enjoy just as much.

Tried to watch World War Z again not too long ago as well but got tied up. Are they ever going to release the sequel?

I don’t see 28 Days Later up on that list up top. Gotta love the scenes where he’s the only man left in London.

Not a movie, but if you like zombie, end of the world stuff, an underrated lesser known one is the Netflix Original TV series Black Summer. Binged Season 1 quickly and been meaning to take time for Season 2.

quickccc

Reaction score
Zombieland is terrific! One of those movies I could watch again and enjoy just as much.

Tried to watch World War Z again not too long ago as well but got tied up. Are they ever going to release the sequel?

I don’t see 28 Days Later up on that list up top. Gotta love the scenes where he’s the only man left in London.

Not a movie, but if you like zombie, end of the world stuff, an underrated lesser known one is the Netflix Original TV series Black Summer. Binged Season 1 quickly and been meaning to take time for Season 2.

Imo, I never thought " 28 Days Later " ... was a Zombie movie.

It's more about a virus infecting people into a craze frenzy, than people coming back after being dead.
It's more like Its' more like 'Out Break " or Contagious "

Even though it's always tagged and categorized as a zombie movie.

And i found " 28 Weeks Later " was better than 28 Days Later.

The sequel for World War Z, was never given the green light. Discussion fell dead and never brought back up
again as i read then. And if you're gonna do a sequel, such as a horror film or drama-mystery, it's not a good idea
to wait a decade or so before it's finally decided to do.

That's what happened to Basic Instincts 2, Independence Day 2: Resurgence, ..if its' too long and out of touch, no one is
interested anymore.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was " Dead of the Day" the last movie hurrah from the late Zombie king George Romero ?

"Day of the Dead" was released in 1985.

Romero's "Diary of the Dead" and "Survival of the Dead" were George's last two movies... They were actually shot at the same time.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ironic that two of the very greatest horror film movie icons of all time came from the 70's era: ... The Exorcist (1973) ..and Dawn of the Dead (1978)

I love "The Exorcist". Outside of that movie, "Texas Chainsaw", and "Black Christmas" the early to mid 70's were pretty dry as far as horror goes.

The "Golden Age" was '78 to '85 IMO. You had a few decent horror flicks pop up after '85 but so many great (even compared to today's films) released in that era like:
"Halloween"
"Friday the 13th"
"Dawn of the Dead"
"Zombie"
"Nightmare on Elm Street"
"My Bloody Valentine"
"The Shining"
"The Thing"
"American Werewolf in London"

Even the light-weight releases like "Hell Night" were far better than the schlock that was released after '85.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Same. I absolutely love that movie.

"Do you know what they call Twinkies down in Mexico? Los Submarinos!"

I actually enjoyed the second one too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love "The Exorcist". Outside of that movie, "Texas Chainsaw", and "Black Christmas" the early to mid 70's were pretty dry as far as horror goes.

The "Golden Age" was '78 to '85 IMO. You had a few decent horror flicks pop up after '85 but so many great (even compared to today's films) released in that era like:
"Halloween"
"Friday the 13th"
"Dawn of the Dead"
"Zombie"
"My Bloody Valentine"
"The Shining"
"The Thing"

Even the light-weight releases like "Hell Night" were far better than the schlock that was released after '85.

What?!? No love for Chris Sarandon and Fright Night?

quickccc

Reaction score
:thumbup: Loved that movie!

ff7e488ac123a7207ffab265a15ba29a.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score

"Halloween"
"Friday the 13th"
"Dawn of the Dead"
"Zombie"
"My Bloody Valentine"
"The Shining"
"The Thing"

aa74ef466d014ef717d35139d4eb522e.jpg

04b52e6513cb563d56b24c38b695dbf6.jpg

18badd33881632a407b4ce408e041619.jpg

79cb332a562404bcfaddd8f30ff6c0d5.jpg

5f8390e802a108076ca29853ed7aa24a.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score

"Halloween"
"Friday the 13th"
"Dawn of the Dead"
"Zombie"
"My Bloody Valentine"
"The Shining"
"The Thing"

per @DallasEast , there are three" the Thing " movie flicks,.. is it the John Carpenter version the one that is the best of the bunch,... the Kurt Russell one ?