Better late than never

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have far too much class than to name names, but I will give hints.

7WBKcch.jpg
:muttley::popcorn:

gmoney112

Reaction score
They need to put these Assistants and "Quality Control", "Offensive gameplan assistant", etc guys to work.

One thing that's obvious about Bill, he is incredibly well prepared, and he can't do all that himself. He's notorious for having systems for his scouts and assistants, and putting them to work. I have no doubt he does this with the guys watching other teams tapes too.

His philosophy is beating you and out preparing you. Attacking you. He's going to push those pressure points, and he's going to test your discipline to see how you respond. He already has a good idea how you're going to adjust, so he's ready for that too.

McVay did this last year to an extent. It's not this "they can't stop us if we just run our same plan over and over". Yes, they will. Maybe you do make the playoffs, but unless your defense is generational, you will get beat.

Honestly, when I hear the "if we just execute it doesn't matter what we run", it sounds incredibly lazy. Or you just don't know how. If you can't pivot in the NFL, in a year to year league, you aren't ever going to win anything.

Use motion to get insight into the Defense, use it to confuse them. Perfect playaction with whoever you have, a moment of hesitation can mean the difference between a win and loss.

Plan to win. Know the enemy. Know their weak points, and their adjustments. Plan for them. Attack.

Moore is a younger guy so maybe he understands this, Linehan didn't. This mindset begins in camp, and expectations are set. So, we'll see. Hopefully Jason doesn't hamstring him too much.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
The offense was even more predictable prior to Linehan. What's the common denominator?

Yep, no doubt that Red HAS to share the blame, and yet.......he doesn't in the eyes of the Billionaire Bumpkins that own the team. Just beyond the pale. BTW...as people have pointed out over the years, our Super Bowl teams in the 90's were incredibly 'predictable'. But they were so damn talented they just executed to the utmost and won regardless. I mean, ANY team that can overcome a bonehead like Barry Switzer and win the Super Bowl despite his clownishness was really special. We've got a few really talented guys: Zeke, Coop, etc...but not a bunch of ballers like the Triplets, that Oline and that killer D. Ahhhhhhh......memories.

CCBoy

Reaction score
2. The Dallas Cowboys
America’s Team is going all in. Head coach Jason Garrett is fighting for his job so no card will be left unturned. The Cowboys released former offensive coordinator, Scott Linehan and replaced him with the team’s former quarterback coach, Kellen Moore.

The only starter not returning to the roster is receiver Cole Beasley who left in free agency to the Buffalo Bills. However, they replaced Beasley with receiver Randall Cobb. Is this an upgrade? Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how the Cowboys use him in their scheme.

The Cowboys are expected to regain the All-Pro center, Travis Frederick. Sacks haunted Dallas’ offense last season. The front office also drafted interior offensive lineman Connor McGovern in the third round. Running back Ezekiel Elliott should have a great offensive line in front of him once again...

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/05/dallas-cowboys-fall-top-five-teams-nfc/3/

Techsass

Reaction score
The passing game started off pretty bad last season. It got better after we acquired Amari. Was that strictly Amari or did the QB coach help Dak improve?

These are the silly mind games I start playing after a few too many in the off season. I really hope it was door #2 & that he's a better OC than QB coach.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
No question, that was on Linehan. Read a tweet last week where a beat writer said Belichick system ( offensive and defense ) is tweaked every week for the very reason you mention. Hard to believe Linehan wasn't doing this but it's a head coach issue also.
Absolutely. Before everyone blames Linehan too much, this is exactly the same thing defenses have been saying about our offense since Garrett got here 12 years ago.