Better supporting cast Dak or Mahomes

ultron

Reaction score
I assume you're referring to 2019, because the 2020 Cowboys will be a very different team.

The coaching staff is completely different (with the exception of 1 guy).

The Cowboys have over 20 free agents.

This offseason may be the most important offseason in Dallas Cowboys history.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Not that easy to judge the Chiefs as their defense came on in the last 6 games of the season, I'm told. So which Chief's defense are you talking about?
Using Simple Rankings over the course of a season, the Chiefs defense is about a point better than Dallas. Over the last 6 games, they are 9 points better
than Dallas and were playing at a level akin to the Seahawks at their best.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Which QB has the better overall team?

Coaching: Mahomes
WRs: Mahomes
TEs: Mahomes
OL: push
RB: Dak ( although Williams should have been SB MVP)

DL: Mahomes
LBs: Push
S: Mahomes
CBs: Mahomes

Special Teams: Mahomes
I don't know what you're smoking or watching, but Dallas OLine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chiefs.
TE: Chiefs
WRs push, I'd take Gallup over Watkins and Coop is plenty good against any CB.
RB: Dallas

DL: Chiefs
LBs: Chiefs (outside of Lee all of their starting LBs are better than ours)
S: Chiefs
CBs: can't really name a starting chiefs CB, but I'd have to assume most teams have better CBs than us

SackMaster

Reaction score
Defense: Mahomes but, Daks actually ranked higher
If going by yardage, sure.

But based off points, KC (308) was ranked better than Dallas (321) and SF (310).

Then looking at interceptions, KC (16) had over double of Dallas had (7) and had more than SF (12).

And lastly, looking at better against the pass, KC had more sacks (45 to 41), better QB Rating against (80.8 to 91.9), better completion % against (60.5% to 65.0%) and less total passing yards (3,543 to 3,576) even though they were passed against more (582 to 569).

Sure, you could say the Dallas and KC Defenses were similar based off one or two stats. But KC had a better D than Dallas, and it wasn't even close. Hell, in a lot of ways, you could even argue the Chiefs had the better defense in their Super Bowl matchup.

erod

Reaction score

If Mahomes was here, Dallas would have probably been in the Super Bowl.

Would have beaten the Bears, Bills, Jets, and Eagles for sure.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
18 and 19 were the best defenses dallas has had since 07. So I wouldn't say garbage

Is this supposed to be some sort of compliment? Our defenses have been putrid for 2 decades. This defense is god awful garbage. No pass rush. No turnovers forced. No playmakers. Soft up the middle and can't stop the run. They do nothing well. So yes, they are garbage. How could watch this season and think this defense was worth a crap?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be some sort of compliment? Our defenses have been putrid for 2 decades. This defense is god awful garbage. No pass rush. No turnovers forced. No playmakers. Soft up the middle and can't stop the run. They do nothing well. So yes, they are garbage. How could watch this season and think this defense was worth a crap?

Said they're not garbage. Didnt say they were great. The offense showed up like 40% of the year but I dont think it sucks.

GenoT

Reaction score

The Chiefs have better coaching and a better QB...everything else is highly debatable.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Can you honestly watch Mahomes play and determine that Dak is better? Mahomes makes throws no other QB in the league can make, and he does it on the run half the time.

I have not watched Mahomes enough to be qualified to speak on him but careful scrutiny last night looked like a guy with many of the same struggles Dak has minus the INTs . Fumbles sheesh the kid waves the ball around like a flag , Balls low in the dirt ,balls thrown behind and honestly I have seen punt , pass and kick champions throw a tighter spiral , my lord he was throwing some of the wobbliest balls I have ever seen . But I guess none of that happens very often as everyone speaks highly of him

All that said when he finally did get a ball close and I dont mean in stride Hill caught it

When Dak has a night like that and finally gets the ball right in there hands they drop it . Gallup vs the Eagles prime example

Mahomes cast look like they pick him up when he struggles Daks cast drop the balls in there hands and compound the problem .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have not watched Mahomes enough to be qualified to speak on him but careful scrutiny last night looked like a guy with many of the same struggles Dak has minus the INTs . Fumbles sheesh the kid waves the ball around like a flag , Balls low in the dirt ,balls thrown behind and honestly I have seen punt , pass and kick champions throw a tighter spiral , my lord he was throwing some of the wobbliest balls I have ever seen . But I guess none of that happens very often as everyone speaks highly of him

All that said when he finally did get a ball close and I dont mean in stride Hill caught it

When Dak has a night like that and finally gets the ball right in there hands they drop it . Gallup vs the Eagles prime example

Mahomes cast look like they pick him up when he struggles Daks cast drop the balls in there hands and compound the problem .
Last night was uncharacteristic of Mahomes. I don't know if he was nervous playing in the SB or what, but I was surprised how badly he played up until the 4th. I agree Dak' s receivers don't often make the kind of catches Hill made yesterday, but I don't know how often they have to.