1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Better supporting cast Dak or Mahomes

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dak_Attack_09, Feb 3, 2020.

1. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,005 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    I assume you're referring to 2019, because the 2020 Cowboys will be a very different team.

The coaching staff is completely different (with the exception of 1 guy).

The Cowboys have over 20 free agents.

This offseason may be the most important offseason in Dallas Cowboys history.

Proof likes this.
  2. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,050 Messages
    46,074 Likes Received
    I know what you meant to say. :muttley:

conner01 likes this.
  3. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,167 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Not that easy to judge the Chiefs as their defense came on in the last 6 games of the season, I'm told. So which Chief's defense are you talking about?
    Using Simple Rankings over the course of a season, the Chiefs defense is about a point better than Dallas. Over the last 6 games, they are 9 points better
    than Dallas and were playing at a level akin to the Seahawks at their best.

4. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,493 Messages
    4,771 Likes Received
    I don't know what you're smoking or watching, but Dallas OLine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chiefs.
    TE: Chiefs
    WRs push, I'd take Gallup over Watkins and Coop is plenty good against any CB.
    RB: Dallas

DL: Chiefs
    LBs: Chiefs (outside of Lee all of their starting LBs are better than ours)
    S: Chiefs
    CBs: can't really name a starting chiefs CB, but I'd have to assume most teams have better CBs than us

AmariChill likes this.
  5. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

525 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    If going by yardage, sure.

But based off points, KC (308) was ranked better than Dallas (321) and SF (310).

Then looking at interceptions, KC (16) had over double of Dallas had (7) and had more than SF (12).

And lastly, looking at better against the pass, KC had more sacks (45 to 41), better QB Rating against (80.8 to 91.9), better completion % against (60.5% to 65.0%) and less total passing yards (3,543 to 3,576) even though they were passed against more (582 to 569).

Sure, you could say the Dallas and KC Defenses were similar based off one or two stats. But KC had a better D than Dallas, and it wasn't even close. Hell, in a lot of ways, you could even argue the Chiefs had the better defense in their Super Bowl matchup.

Dak_Attack_09 and Proof like this.
  6. Runwildboys

24,050 Messages
    46,074 Likes Received
    Part of that is because he's a better scrambler, and he can throw the ball from just about ant conceivable angle.

Proof likes this.
  7. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,640 Messages
    4,187 Likes Received
    He does a hell of an option pitch rollout too.

Runwildboys likes this.
  8. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,206 Messages
    7,415 Likes Received
    nah hes in lalala land and doesnt realize Mahomes is Elite and Daks not..he feels Dak could have won a sb with that KC team and thats laughable, I can see the other way around..Mahomes on our team would have got us to the playoffs..i have zero doubt..

9. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

21,427 Messages
    50,848 Likes Received
    Seriously?! Which QB has the better overall team?
    Probably the one whose team just won a Superbowl. :lmao:

10. panchucko

panchucko It's Back

3,621 Messages
    1,816 Likes Received
    Sometimes I wonder if he isn’t Dak himself

11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,877 Messages
    44,513 Likes Received
    If Mahomes was here, Dallas would have probably been in the Super Bowl.

Would have beaten the Bears, Bills, Jets, and Eagles for sure.

AmariChill, wrongway and Portnoy1 like this.
  12. boxer-rumble

boxer-rumble Well-Known Member

2,609 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    So pocket awareness is Pat > Dak.

A skill set that separates the great QBs.

AmariChill and Runwildboys like this.
  13. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

15,828 Messages
    10,626 Likes Received
    Werent those one of the many games the offense didnt show up in the 1st half?

14. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

9,697 Messages
    11,638 Likes Received
    Is this supposed to be some sort of compliment? Our defenses have been putrid for 2 decades. This defense is god awful garbage. No pass rush. No turnovers forced. No playmakers. Soft up the middle and can't stop the run. They do nothing well. So yes, they are garbage. How could watch this season and think this defense was worth a crap?

15. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

15,828 Messages
    10,626 Likes Received
    Said they're not garbage. Didnt say they were great. The offense showed up like 40% of the year but I dont think it sucks.

16. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,565 Messages
    7,740 Likes Received
    The Chiefs have better coaching and a better QB...everything else is highly debatable.

Runwildboys likes this.
  17. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,725 Messages
    3,624 Likes Received
    I have not watched Mahomes enough to be qualified to speak on him but careful scrutiny last night looked like a guy with many of the same struggles Dak has minus the INTs . Fumbles sheesh the kid waves the ball around like a flag , Balls low in the dirt ,balls thrown behind and honestly I have seen punt , pass and kick champions throw a tighter spiral , my lord he was throwing some of the wobbliest balls I have ever seen . But I guess none of that happens very often as everyone speaks highly of him

All that said when he finally did get a ball close and I dont mean in stride Hill caught it

When Dak has a night like that and finally gets the ball right in there hands they drop it . Gallup vs the Eagles prime example

Mahomes cast look like they pick him up when he struggles Daks cast drop the balls in there hands and compound the problem .

garyo1954 and Runwildboys like this.
  18. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

14,920 Messages
    12,443 Likes Received
    Seems like the most accurate way to judge one team over another lol

Runwildboys likes this.
  19. Runwildboys

24,050 Messages
    46,074 Likes Received
    Last night was uncharacteristic of Mahomes. I don't know if he was nervous playing in the SB or what, but I was surprised how badly he played up until the 4th. I agree Dak' s receivers don't often make the kind of catches Hill made yesterday, but I don't know how often they have to.

AmariChill, FanSince71 and Blackrain like this.
  20. Runwildboys

24,050 Messages
    46,074 Likes Received
    I think the defense is better too.

GenoT likes this.