Twitter: Beware of Tony Pollard

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I can't wait to watch him get 6 carries for 50 yards while Zeke gets 13 for 40.

Since Dak is going to throw for 435 yards with 4 TD passes it won't matter. Add in the 4 Zuerlein FGs from 60+ yards and we're all set.

Come on man, now's not the time to be cynical. Let's unite behind this team and every single player just for once and hope they pull it off tomorrow (here it's saturday already lol). :)

lqmac1

Reaction score
I really do believe that we’ve been resting and reserving TP for the playoffs the last couple of months.

Philly game was very telling to me. They would’ve rather risked losing Zeke instead of Pollard. I think we see Pollard get majority of touches.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ok well if dak gets 10 yards then that's 100 total. Isn't the narrative "get 100 yards rushing and the cowboys win"?

As long as we're narrating a win after the fact who really cares how they divvy up the yards? People really spend too much time focusing on the wrong things..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I really do believe that we’ve been resting and reserving TP for the playoffs the last couple of months.

Philly game was very telling to me. They would’ve rather risked losing Zeke instead of Pollard. I think we see Pollard get majority of touches.

Or maybe they knew that sitting Zeke meant risking Dak getting blown up.. so he drew the short straw... Or maybe Zeke is just tougher than Pollard.. who really knows.. as long as they both come out and run like crazed dogs and we win nothing else really matters.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If Pollard were in Shanny’s offense he would have like 1,800 yards rushing right now

Or he'd be hurt.. kinda like Mostert, Mitchell and all the other guys who the Niners have trotted out there the past 5 seasons..

lqmac1

Reaction score
Or maybe they knew that sitting Zeke meant risking Dak getting blown up.. so he drew the short straw... Or maybe Zeke is just tougher than Pollard.. who really knows.. as long as they both come out and run like crazed dogs and we win nothing else really matters.
So many possibilities. I just took it as Zeke was more worthy of the risk since we know now that Pollard was probably healthy enough to play.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
This, folks, is what you call building an emotional defensive wall.:laugh:
To be honest I can relate. It really sucks having not gotten past the Divisional round in 26 years (or is it 27 now?). It can definitely cause one to lose all hope. Luckily I'm not one of those people (yet anyway lol).

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So many possibilities. I just took it as Zeke was more worthy of the risk since we know now that Pollard was probably healthy enough to play.

It also bears nothing that Zeke actually WANTED to play and as a veteran who has gutted out 12 games with a bum knee his wants carry a little more weight.. It just seems like Zeke's knee, while probably the more serious of the two injuries, is a little more consistent than Pollard's foot. Had he played against Philly and suffered a setback that would have been horrible.. Zeke's injury apparently is as bad as it's going to get.. and really has been trending toward getting healthier. Plantar fascia don't work that way.. It will take months of rest for that thing to go back to normal..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I don’t think management will allow it.

Zeke has to get his carries regardless if it’s hurting the team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When either Zeke or Pollard rushed for 70 yards this season the Cowboys were 7-0.