Big Fat Mike will cost us a game someday

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He made some questionable decisions but neither two you mentioned were one of those.

Diggs got a cleat in the back in the first half.

dacoming

Reaction score
Every week we are getting closer and closer to an L due to Big Fat Mike's bone headed decisions. Is he eating too much before games? You waste a TO in the 3rd to challenge a spotted ball, for one damn yard, just kick the damn FG and get your 3 pts. Then you "bench" diggs when you're only up by 2 possessions and play soft D, letting Dam Sarnold of all people to score 2 unanswered TD's. What an idiot. Every week his IQ drops by a few points and this team will have to suffer for it in a big game in the future.
I think He has CTE

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I was going to make a MM thread but this seems appropriate.

During the Garrett tenure, the team rarely adjusted week to week or in game. Garrett was very much about execution. Just play better.

This year, the team has had game specific plans on both offense and defense every game. Beyond that, you see changes over the course of the game as things that aren't working get eliminated. Example today with the defense with the blitzing in the third quarter.

Right now, Quinn and Moore are getting all of the credit for this. They definitely deserve a ton as its clearly them making the adjustments but I think that MM deserves some credit for driving it. I'm not a huge MM fan but at this point I think he is a clear upgrade over JG just because he is enabling his assistants instead of shackling them.

Some of MM's in game stuff is head scratching. They clearly let off the gas too early today and they let the game get to the point where one fluke mistake ties it.

elcowboi

Reaction score
I agree about his game management but Diggs got a cleat in the back after his second INT. He was kept out for precaution.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Every team have fans that feel their hc will or have cost them a game after a loss.

That what makes the world goes round.

coult44

Reaction score
Sthu!!!! That fat Mike crap is old and you haters have no clue what it takes to be a HC. We win a game against a good team, one play away from being undefeated and you haters can't help yourself. get the hell out!

As happy as we all are. The entire media and hard core fan base is blasting him for the fourth quarter today. In the other games there has been some very bad clock management. Again, as happy as we all are, you have to admit FM is not showing a lot of “mojo”

Reactions: BAT

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As happy as we all are. The entire media and hard core fan base is blasting him for the fourth quarter today. In the other games there has been some very bad clock management. Again, as happy as we all are, you have to admit FM is not showing a lot of “mojo”
Its easy to throw stones when you have know idea what is actually happening. He's a proven HC and I'm sure he doesn't give a crap what the media and fans are saying

coult44

Reaction score
To be honest, We need to find a way to get Kellen in as the HC without losing

Reactions: BAT

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I was going to make a MM thread but this seems appropriate.

During the Garrett tenure, the team rarely adjusted week to week or in game. Garrett was very much about execution. Just play better.

This year, the team has had game specific plans on both offense and defense every game. Beyond that, you see changes over the course of the game as things that aren't working get eliminated. Example today with the defense with the blitzing in the third quarter.

Right now, Quinn and Moore are getting all of the credit for this. They definitely deserve a ton as its clearly them making the adjustments but I think that MM deserves some credit for driving it. I'm not a huge MM fan but at this point I think he is a clear upgrade over JG just because he is enabling his assistants instead of shackling them.

Some of MM's in game stuff is head scratching. They clearly let off the gas too early today and they let the game get to the point where one fluke mistake ties it.

2nd to last paragraph is what I am thinking. People are blaming mm for the 4th quarter but he isn’t calling any plays. However, if the blowout happened, the coordinators will get more credit than the hc. Mm had to be give some input when it comes to this 3-1 record.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
1. He was trying to draw them offside, instead of calling a TO he challenged the play to get extra time, regardless the TO was going to be used.

2. There’s speculation Diggs tweaked something. Would you be happy sending him out on the field to risk a worse injury?

3. We’re 3-1, sit down.
It was plain as day why he challenged. It was brilliant. Can’t believe most people in the game day thread couldn’t figure out what was going on.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Every week we are getting closer and closer to an L due to Big Fat Mike's bone headed decisions. Is he eating too much before games? You waste a TO in the 3rd to challenge a spotted ball, for one damn yard, just kick the damn FG and get your 3 pts. Then you "bench" diggs when you're only up by 2 possessions and play soft D, letting Dam Sarnold of all people to score 2 unanswered TD's. What an idiot. Every week his IQ drops by a few points and this team will have to suffer for it in a big game in the future.

"What an idiot huh?" They took him out for tightness in his back to try and avoid making it worse.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Enjoy the win, this game wasn't that close ;)

cowboyec

Reaction score
someday....i'm going to die.
so in the mean time...i'm gonna enjoy the ride.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
yes terrible , he won the game . terrible terrible .

where are all the drama queens !?

" how could big mike be fat ? , the fashion show wont stand for it ! but but garrett was skinny ."
(smh)

Aftershock

Reaction score
All you seem to do is criticize what this team does, and anything negative you blame on “Fat Mike”, like his weight has ANYTHING to do with coaching football. That’s just a lame attempt to try to “validate” your agenda.
Agenda? My only agenda is for this win to win the championship and I believe the best way to do that is by building on the mistakes you made in the previous games whether you win or lose. Of course this is a professional league and teams do that. I am happy for the win but I want the team to build off this and not make multiple of the same mistakes later on down the line in bigger games where it will bite us in the rear when it matters most. We've all been here before early in the 18-19 season after a 3-0 start and ended up at 8-8 or 9-7 or something like that

But I agree he is a HUGE upgrade over JG..

Scotman

Reaction score
There's some decisions McCarthy makes that have left me wondering what he's thinking. But, the "big fat" stuff doesn't add to anything of substance to the discussion. It's junior high stuff. I'm critical of his clock management. I feel better knowing he pulled Diggs for a sore back. I'm super happy that he has the team playing well enough to overcome not having a player or two out.

Despite wondering what the heck he's doing sometimes, there's no way in the world I'd take Garrett and his coaching staff over McCarthy and this year's coaching staff.