Big Fat Mike will cost us a game someday

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Biggest riverboat gambler in the league. Have to believe it’s going to cost us at some point. Hopefully not in January.

ESisback

Reaction score
Agenda? My only agenda is for this win to win the championship and I believe the best way to do that is by building on the mistakes you made in the previous games whether you win or lose. Of course this is a professional league and teams do that. I am happy for the win but I want the team to build off this and not make multiple of the same mistakes later on down the line in bigger games where it will bite us in the rear when it matters most. We've all been here before early in the 18-19 season after a 3-0 start and ended up at 8-8 or 9-7 or something like that

But I agree he is a HUGE upgrade over JG..
I agree with THIS post, just not the OP. This “Fat Mike” stuff is lame, ya know?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
MM is a huge upgrade over JG .

Kellen is JG's kid student, da heck do you guys think will happen when he is made HC ?!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Every week we are getting closer and closer to an L due to Big Fat Mike's bone headed decisions. Is he eating too much before games? You waste a TO in the 3rd to challenge a spotted ball, for one damn yard, just kick the damn FG and get your 3 pts. Then you "bench" diggs when you're only up by 2 possessions and play soft D, letting Dam Sarnold of all people to score 2 unanswered TD's. What an idiot. Every week his IQ drops by a few points and this team will have to suffer for it in a big game in the future.
Name calling from behind a keyboard. What a stand up guy.

Reaction score
You forgot about going for 2 instead of tying the game at 14. What about failing to call time outs against the Eagles that would have given us another possession with 1:42 left in the first half? We're winning now in spite of McCarthy.

Reactions: BAT
Reaction score
He went from Big Mike or fat Mike to now big fat mike? Give me a break, he's the reason we have a good team.
Really?! I thought the personal moves made by the front office had much more to do with winning than he did. So, was it all on him that we had the worst defense in team history last season?

Reactions: BAT

rambo2

Reaction score
You forgot about going for 2 instead of tying the game at 14. What about failing to call time outs against the Eagles that would have given us another possession with 1:42 left in the first half? We're winning now in spite of McCarthy.
Going for 2 on the 1st one from the 1 yard line was a good idea.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It seems like yall want to lose.
Some of the posters here do actually root against the team. They even consider themselves fans, but usually defected at one or two key moments in Cowboys history. Some started hating the team when Landry was fired and the next group started hating the team when Jimmy left.

brickman

Reaction score
I agree that Big Mike is gonna cost us a game. That being said how about Rhule sending a guy out on the field and Carolina getting called for too many players on the field which gave us a first down. Talk about boneheaded!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Every week we are getting closer and closer to an L due to Big Fat Mike's bone headed decisions. Is he eating too much before games? You waste a TO in the 3rd to challenge a spotted ball, for one damn yard, just kick the damn FG and get your 3 pts. Then you "bench" diggs when you're only up by 2 possessions and play soft D, letting Dam Sarnold of all people to score 2 unanswered TD's. What an idiot. Every week his IQ drops by a few points and this team will have to suffer for it in a big game in the future.
Someday somewhere down the line, MM will cost us a game, meanwhile, he has nothing to do with all the wins? Your complaint is lame your game is weak, OP. Thank god you aren't the guy leading the charge to get McCarthy fired because if that were so, he just might be head coach longer than Jason Garrett. :rolleyes:

foofighters

Reaction score
Yes, McCarthy is the reason we have a good team...

...but he's still making some very dumb decisions at key moments that are hurting the team. That's just the facts.

It doesn't mean McCarthy is not doing a good job, overall, but he sure is making some wins very difficult.

Jerry needs to have a good talk with him and the rest of the coaches. Quit making boneheaded decisions that are hurting this team while helping our opponents.
I agree with this. He's aggressive when he shouldn't be and when he should be aggressive, he isn't. I'll take his game time decisions over JG's any day.

cffl2323

Reaction score
It's hard to find players that aren't playing better than they did last year or two years ago. I'd say McCarthy is doing just fine, especially when his critiques are a few situations(during games we won) that he's being nitpicked for. The players are playing hard for him, which is a huge upgrade over previous years.

kevm3

Reaction score
Overall, I like what this team is doing under Mike. He knows how to move out of the way and let the coaches do their thing. However, he really needs to stop getting cute and doing weird stuff. He has to stop treating this team like they are a bad team that needs to be protected and he needs to stop treating this offense like they are mediocre and in need of trickery to get ahead. If he stops with the weird stuff like taking Diggs out early in the 4th, this is a team that could win a superbowl.

Sandyf

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes I wonder why this is a Cowboys Fan site when half of the posters on the site think/believe/want Dallas to lose every game. Every coach will end up screwing a game up and losing THIS SEASON. It always happens.

Fans on this site would still B!tch and Complain if Dallas won 77-0 in every game because of something. Seems we have more haters than fans most of the time.

We are 3-1. The offense and the defense are both playing well despite still missing several starters. Personally I don't care if we win every game by 1 point, it is a win period and if we keep it up and win the division, win some playoff games and heck even possibly the Super Bowl all by 1 point then it should make everyone happy but obviously here it won't.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
He already has, the Cowboys should be 4-0...all they had to do was keep the offensive pressure on the Bucs and get 1st downs. Nope, went conservative, and gave the ball back to Brady with way too much time and even a timeout, I think. Come on, man! He will cost us MORE games this season, unless he and his staff get a lot better managing games.