Big Mike- Large and in charge

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Sports talking heads are busily trying to say signing Dalton is merely a windfall deal.

That this in no way affects Dak. Dak should not be concerned.

Really?

Alot of people in this.country have lost their jobs. Many are going to find big changes have been made where they worked and either their job has been deleted, absorbed or combined with another job.

Or it has had a big cut in pay if it's still there.

When it comes to this Cowboy QB situation..

there are some similarities coming.

About Dalton?

McCarthy is clearly behind this. Yes Dalton called them. But it plays into what Dallas wants.

Since Big Mike has been here Dak has dominated the team on and off the field.

It was time to take back more control of the situation.

Dak thinks he is large and in charge under Garrett. He has had all of us fans so desperate to win we accepted what ever he did as being our destination under him.

But Dak forgets its rhe HC with the real power. He fails to make Big Mike happy..

Mr. Prescott will sit..contract or no. He starts to lose games, he will sit and Dalton will play.

Dak is not in control like he thinks he is.

Remember Big Mike did not pickup the phone right away and call Dak in the beginning?

Wonder why? You think he was just too busy to do it?

Nope. Just making a statement.

Think Big Mike was worried about signing Dalton as a backup for Dak?

When asked if Dak was attending the virtual classroom like the rest of the team Big Mike never answered.

Nobody thought that ominous?

The statement is..if you do not start attending my off season program like the rest of the team..

If you do not make my owner and his son look good going forward..

you will soon be replaced in your job, son.

I run this team..not you..get it?

Justa message.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It was a McCarthy move, no doubt. I don't about all the rest of that. :popcorn:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sports talking heads are busily trying to say signing Dalton is merely a windfall deal.

That this in no way affects Dak. Dak should not be concerned.

Really?

Alot of people in this.country have lost their jobs. Many are going to find big changes have been made where they worked and either their job has been deleted, absorbed or combined with another job.

Or it has had a big cut in pay if it's still there.

When it comes to this Cowboy QB situation..

there are some similarities coming.

About Dalton?

McCarthy is clearly behind this. Yes Dalton called them. But it plays into what Dallas wants.

Since Big Mike has been here Dak has dominated the team on and off the field.

It was time to take back more control of the situation.

Dak thinks he is large and in charge under Garrett. He has had all of us fans so desperate to win we accepted what ever he did as being our destination under him.

But Dak forgets its rhe HC with the real power. He fails to make Big Mike happy..

Mr. Prescott will sit..contract or no. He starts to lose games, he will sit and Dalton will play.

Dak is not in control like he thinks he is.

Remember Big Mike did not pickup the phone right away and call Dak in the beginning?

Wonder why? You think he was just too busy to do it?

Think Big Mike was worried about signing Dalton as a backup for Dak?

When asked if Dak was attending the virtual classroom like the rest of the team Big Mike never answered.

Nobody thought that ominous?

The statement is..if you do not start attending my off season program like the rest of the team..

If you do not make my owner and his son look good going forward..

you will soon be replaced in your job, son.

I run this team..not you..get it?

Justa message.
Trolls will be trolls

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak's job is not in danger, we have merely signed a serviceable back up for the first time in a long time. For the love of God, please just try and enjoy the moment.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak's job is not in danger, we have merely signed a serviceable back up for the first time in a long time. For the love of God, please just try and enjoy the moment.
they been watching too much Colin Cowturd and folks of that ilk. Its just a solid signing and some insurance. They wanna turn it into the state of the franchise lol...dear LORD!

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Right now its appearing like talking heads are in charge and the need for loyalty etc. But Mike is in charge and he is taking a no nonsense approach. And JJ is getting a lot of heat for the way the team has fallen and not lived up to its potential.

Maybe Mike has brought JJ back to the realization that this is the NFL and not raw raw football anymore and the need to Get Down to Business.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s Pure speculation Mike is behind this move. As a matter of fact I’d lean more to give Daddy or Son credit. Stephen is after all the one who said we are standing firm on our offer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I salute the Cowboys for bringing in a seasoned veteran which provides us some insurance and leverage in the Dak contract situation.

But crediting any one person is agenda driven. As a matter of fact if anyone deserves credit it should be our GM and VP for pulling the trigger regardless if our HC influenced the decision.

basel90

Reaction score
MM in charge is good news . Without a strong head coach supported by the owner , teams don’t win .

glimmerman

Reaction score
I salute the Cowboys for bringing in a seasoned veteran which provides us some insurance and leverage in the Dak contract situation.

But crediting any one person is agenda driven. As a matter of fact if anyone deserves credit it should be our GM and VP for pulling the trigger regardless if our HC influenced the decision.
We for sure needed a vet backup and we got a good one. Daltons first 4 years he had a good team around him and had similar stats as Dak did. He can handle the load if needed. The signing worked for both sides.

I did hear that MM called and he and Dalton have already talked. He didn’t call Dak when first hired although he had called other players.

I think after the little blow up between him and rogers maybe MM has changed the way he treats his starting QB’s.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Not sure this was the power play move the OP thinks at all.

It was more than likely a worst case scenario fix. The Cowboys as constructed can now win 8 to 9 games with Dalton as starter- possibly more.

Mac and the team all want Dak back. But his value is indeed diminished because only once has Dak won more than 9 games.

Dak needs to be reasonable.

Mac is not preparing to move on per se- but he is hedging his bet if that unlikelihood occurs.

Depending on DiNucci's development this spring and this season- he will start to envision life without Prescott @ QB.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It really dosent matter who was responsible for the move or if it was a collaboration of all concerned. It made the team stronger and gave management options .

I like that fans feelings are finally taking precedent over players too long did we coddle Romo and provide no competition Daks situation was looking the same way .

Staubach and Aikman had top competition breathing down their necks and it made them better thus a better product for fans to watch

Big Mike isnt trying to be everyone friend here just put the best team he can on the field and win for the fans and owner and I like this pleasant change .

I love Dak and what he brings to the game for 650k at 20 million I expect more at 36 million I expect an NFL God that can put the team on his back and win like Staubach . Not sure he is capable of this yet or ever

I do know Dalton at 3 mil would let us buy more players to make the team better if Dak decides to try and hold us hostage to get what he thinks he deserves . Dont like it when players put themselves above the team and Dak is walking this line so I am glad we have options now and can improve the team even if we lose Dak

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree. People want to believe that Jerry is relinquishing control. Not to worry, that hope will be crushed the moment Jerry shows up for one of those locker room interviews.
Lmao. JJ isn’t changing much and that’s a fact. But he may allow the HC to do his job more than he used to. He knew if he wanted a chance to get another SB then he was going to have to get rid of his puppet and get a legit HC, and most any of them that could do the job was going to have to have some control. Notice I said “some”.

JJ’s 10 year experiment of running the team through JG had to end. JG hit his ceiling years ago and was never going to be able to manage a playoff game. JJ can only do so much from his sky box. Once we got to the playoffs from player talent then it takes a good HC to make adjustments and make changes during a game.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I saw the title and I was REALLY, REALLY hoping that it was about how MM is like a breath of fresh air, how the new approach to FA, the draft, and the new schemes will energize our team to new heights.

But no. Another pointless Dak thread.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Lmao. JJ isn’t changing much and that’s a fact. But he may allow the HC to do his job more than he used to. He knew if he wanted a chance to get another SB then he was going to have to get rid of his puppet and get a legit HC, and most any of them that could do the job was going to have to have some control. Notice I said “some”.

JJ’s 10 year experiment of running the team through JG had to end. JG hit his ceiling years ago and was never going to be able to manage a playoff game. JJ can only do so much from his sky box. Once we got to the playoffs from player talent then it takes a good HC to make adjustments and make changes during a game.

All I am saying is that I have never seen a leopard change his spots.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif