Big Nate dropping knowledge!! Must listen!! - 10/10/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Here's Martellus Bennett acting a little off his rocker as usual...

Bennett on ESPN Radio

At least he's smart enough not to give out any info on the Pacman situation.

Lt. Williams of the Dallas Police Department and Ed Werder call into The Michael Irvin Show yesterday...

Williams and Werder talk with Mike and Kev

From listening to that I feel Pacman got very lucky that the skirmish was over when the police arrived. He was also lucky that no one was injured or he would have been in jail for the night.

And the fact that he was drinking is ridiculous at best.

Werder makes some good points about that fine line between the media and the players. When can you consider that player a friend of yours if you're a local media guy in Dallas and you talk with that person everyday?

That's a tough situation.

Kevin and Nate discuss the Pacman saga on The Michael Irvin Show...

Kev and Big Nate

Something is wrong with him. He has an anger issue and he can't grow up fast enough.

Nate is dead on. Some people just can't mellow out and stay at home. They need to get out and find the party or else they feel like they missed out on something. Being out for them is like a drug of some sort.

Big Nate dropped some knowledge right there!!!

There is one part in this interview with Jerry Jones and Norm Hitzges on The Ticket that had me livid today when I heard it...

Jerry on The Ticket

He is essentially trying to say that if the bodyguards weren't around then none of this would have happened?

Talk about putting a spin on things. That infuriated me to no end. Stop it already Jerry, we are not morons.

The best part of that is that as soon as Jerry says it Norm was left speechless, lol. It was a ridiculous statement and Jerry has to just move and stop talking about this from here on out because I know Roger Goodell doesn't want to hear anymore BS from anyone inside the Cowboys organization right now.

Let's just get to Sunday so we can play a football game already.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Clearly Pacman couldn't have got into a fight with his bodyguard if he didn't have one...

yimyammer

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2324380 said:
Let's just get to Sunday so we can play a football game already.[/quote]

You got that right, I'm so beaten down by all the negativity in the world/market and the Cowboys are usually my sanctuary to escape to and enjoy, but all I get is more negativity and crisis....what a bummer

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2324380 said:
I know Roger Goodell doesn't want to hear anymore BS from anyone inside the Cowboys organization right now.
So is Jerry in a situation where anything he says can be used against him, and there may be disciplinary action coming against the team as a whole, if Goodell's facts differ from Jerry's?

STSINAZ

Reaction score
pacman is an idiot..i say we keep him for one month then after newman gets here we cut him...i bet that is what jerry is doing....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2324463 said:
pacman is an idiot..i say we keep him for one month then after newman gets here we cut him...i bet that is what jerry is doing....

And the beat goes on.....

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
percyhoward;2324449 said:
So is Jerry in a situation where anything he says can be used against him, and there may be disciplinary action coming against the team as a whole, if Goodell's facts differ from Jerry's?

No. The point is Jerry's going to be asked the same questions and then the same questions with different verbage. If he MUST talk to the media, he needs to stick to a standard answer. Period. Right now I think his presser the day after was good enough and should be left at that. He may end up putting his foot in his mouth and folks may think he's covering up and THAT boys and girls, would would definitely tarnish "Team Integrity" as Jerry says.

ddh33

Reaction score
Jerry's problem is that he can't say or do anything without looking bad. But Jerry got himself into this by bringing in a guy like Pacman...

The only issue is where do you go from here? What happens to Pacman, if anything? And what do you do if the commissioner does come down on him?

I would be advising Jerry to take the high road on everything right now.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Why does a grown man need a bodyguard to begin with? That is mind boggling! A grown man needing to be watched 24 hours a day is just plain stupid.

I bet most of his team mates are getting tired of this.

BTW, that was a great interview by Nate...........

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STSINAZ;2324463 said:
I'll take that bet.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2324493 said:
Why does a grown man need a bodyguard to begin with? That is mind boggling! A grown man needing to be watched 24 hours a day is just plain stupid.

I bet most of his team mates are getting tired of this.

BTW, that was a great interview by Nate...........

From what I've read they are waaayyyy beyond body guards.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Kevin and Nate discuss the Pacman saga on The Michael Irvin Show...

Kev and Big Nate

Something is wrong with him. He has an anger issue and he can't grow up fast enough.

Nate is dead on. Some people just can't mellow out and stay at home. They need to get out and find the party or else they feel like they missed out on something. Being out for them is like a drug of some sort.

Big Nate dropped some knowledge right there!!!

This is the one of the reasons that I love Mike's show. They converse like real people. Also, they crack me up every day. When Mike explained how Plaxico taking his kid to school "could" be an emergency had me crying at my desk. Especially when Kev said he should have put the kid in a cab. And then off to talking about Priest's being untouchable.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
DC, don't know how you find the time to do all of this stuff, but thanks!

David276

Benched
Reaction score
dude espn is seriously out to get the cowboys now esp after TO made them look stupid and called out their falling ratings .

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
This whole thing is so ridiculous...really it was a little disagreement, if it was anyone else no one would care.

I can recall two or three Colts players getting hit with DUI charges during the 07 offseason can anyone name any of them without surfing the net for the info?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2324943 said:
This whole thing is so ridiculous...really it was a little disagreement, if it was anyone else no one would care.

I can recall two or three Colts players getting hit with DUI charges during the 07 offseason can anyone name any of them without surfing the net for the info?

The Colts just came off winning the Super Bowl.

We, OTOH, haven't won a playoff game in 12 years, so the pressure is ON.