1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Big Run Tell by Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jkyle, Nov 14, 2018.

1. jsb357

jsb357 Well-Known Member

2,889 Messages
    3,224 Likes Received
    strange...

the plays always work in the lab

2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,526 Messages
    46,799 Likes Received
    Yes, everyone has observed that issue.

I remember 1 time that they passed to that WR that everybody expected to block and it resulted in a TD but that was probably in 2014.

They also run about 80% of the time when under center and pass more than 80% of the time when in shotgun.

At least they passed on 1st downs against the Eagles whereas previously this season they ran the ball on almost all 1st downs.

3. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,221 Messages
    13,058 Likes Received
    Weird Elliott ran for 150.

4. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    2,852 Likes Received
    My run to the fridge tell is when Jourdan Lewis is in on offense because I know I won't be missing anything.

5. Alohawg1

Alohawg1 Well-Known Member

4,296 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    I thought the eagles killed it on the first play of the 2nd half?

6. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

17,960 Messages
    14,839 Likes Received
    What you are talking about is play calling. Having a good idea of the play based on down and distance comes from knowing play calling tendencies. Whatever the formation, there are multiple plays that can be run from it, so it's really about knowing what Linehan prefers to run from those formations in particular situations.

Dre11 likes this.
  7. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

9,476 Messages
    5,840 Likes Received
    Just as all teams have tendencies. It's called film study.

ESisback and OmerV like this.
  8. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

17,960 Messages
    14,839 Likes Received
    Yep. I think a lot of fans tend you use the terms "playbook", "play calling" and "scheme" as if they are the same thing, and they aren't.