Biggest Potential Bargains in 2019 NFL Free Agency

Sydla

Reaction score
Tre Boston. Yeah, yeah, I know that Dallas likely wouldn't touch him for other reasons, but he's a pretty good S and likely would be cheap. Something that should interest our frugal front office.

I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Suggs as a situational pass rusher.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They won't be. But they should be interested. I guess I can always hope they've wised up.

Been waiting on this for a long time too. :laugh:
Well, last year I was hoping they would sign him then. Which is why I made my comment.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Sick to see that Adrian Phillips was to be had at SS for 1.5mil. A SS made lots more sense for us. Heath isn't a good SS, and Frazier was iffy.

I still think so, but it would have to be someone else, as he won't come cheap anymore after his first Pro Bowl.

John813

Reaction score
Some good names in there.

Tyrell Williams is a guy to watch(elsewhere), I think he could put up some good numbers.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I would love to bring in Greg Robinson as a 'project' swing tackle, or maybe even future RT. I know he hasn't lived up to where he was picked in the draft, but he's always been an intriguing talent.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This guy looks interesting for us. Like Rod, he has little speed, but he's a veteran bowling ball who can play in all 3 phases. Originally drafted by Seattle, and we tend to swap down roster RBs back and forth. Was good enough to start for the Chiefs for a while. Sounds like an upgrade over Rod.
And we love guys coming off missed years for injury so we can churn comp picks.

Chiefs running back Spencer Ware isn't likely to garner a ton of attention early in free agency. He plays a position that can easily be filled through the draft, he missed the entire 2017 season with a torn PCL, and his stint as the starter following Kareem Hunt's release this past season was short-lived.
However, Ware can provide plenty of value for a team in need of running back help.​

At 5'10" and 229 pounds ...
A review of him when he was drafted by the Seahawks. I like it.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draf...ts-seahawks-select-rb-spencer-ware-in-the-6th

Just noticed that Rod Smith went to the Seahawks first too.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I would love to bring in Greg Robinson as a 'project' swing tackle, or maybe even future RT. I know he hasn't lived up to where he was picked in the draft, but he's always been an intriguing talent.
If he started in Cleveland doubt he takes swing money or compete elsewhere