Bill Cowher gets in HOF before Jimmy Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Agree, the question was has there ever been someone player or coach in the HOF with 5 years or less of service. Heck I have a Gale Sayers jersey and too me was the best back along with Jim Brown ever.
I do hear ya there.
Tough to pair Coaches with players. Players have much shorter life spans than coaches.
Likely should be very different bars.

Jimmy's big issue was only 80 wins.
Landry had 250.
Even Pete Carroll (who gets compared to Jimmy) has 133.

But there's no doubting the magic he brought to Dallas and he did have lasting impact on the game with his defense and the draft pick accumulation.
Congrats to him!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It’s really sad looking thru here with some fans actually bashing Jimmy and supporting Jerry.

Not Cowboy fans I want to know.
Jerry IS the Dallas Cowboys and has been for over 30 years.

Only true goofballs hate him yet call themselves fans of the team he owns and operates.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Only true goofballs hate him yet call themselves fans of the team he owns and operates.
He’s the most hated sports personality in Dallas while the Cowboys are their most loved sports franchise. Figure it out. Lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He’s the most hated sports personality in Dallas while the Cowboys are their most loved sports franchise. Figure it out. Lol
People are stupid, I already knew this I can see the POP music chart weekly.

Hate away and line his pockets at same time. Good job, good effort.
Goofball season is upon us.

J817

Reaction score
Who said Terrell Davis should be in?

Gratz to Coach Johnson though. I wasn't against him getting in. Merely didn't see him as a guy with a major gripe about it.
I do think Woody and Cliff Harris and other ex-Cowboys have MAJOR GRIPES.

Coach Johnson brought the Miami speed 4-3 with DL rotation to the league.
He also kept a special teams spot for an ace gunner helping win that phase of the game.
And he pioneered tanking to collect as many draft picks as possible.

I will admit I was against letting Davis in. Still don’t think he should be in. But hey it was the HOF voters call. Now the flood gates are open. Now players like Eddie George and Chris Johnson have a chance. Hell, Zeke may be a HOFer now who knows.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I will admit I was against letting Davis in. Still don’t think he should be in. But hey it was the HOF voters call. Now the flood gates are open. Now players like Eddie George and Chris Johnson have a chance. Hell, Zeke may be a HOFer now who knows.

Not quite for Zeke but he keep doing what he is doing and it will be a first cast for him also.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
How in the world does this make sense?

It doesnt.

Both NFL and Jerry Jones should be ashamed for blackballing one of the greatest football coaches ever.

Not just HOF worthy but should be enshrined in Mt. Rushmore of best coaches ever.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Wouldn't be a whole lot of fans of the Cowboys then. We love the Cowboys in spite of Jerry Jones. We love them for what they used to be.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesnt.

Both NFL and Jerry Jones should be ashamed for blackballing one of the greatest football coaches ever.

Not just HOF worthy but should be enshrined in Mt. Rushmore of best coaches ever.
You need to catch up on the news. Google Jimmy Johnson.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do hear ya there.
Tough to pair Coaches with players. Players have much shorter life spans than coaches.
Likely should be very different bars.

Jimmy's big issue was only 80 wins.
Landry had 250.
Even Pete Carroll (who gets compared to Jimmy) has 133.

But there's no doubting the magic he brought to Dallas and he did have lasting impact on the game with his defense and the draft pick accumulation.
Congrats to him!

He invented the draft pick value chart that every team in the league adopted.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a whole lot of fans of the Cowboys then. We love the Cowboys in spite of Jerry Jones. We love them for what they used to be.
Again then those fans need mental health counseling.
Jones will run the team until he is dead, then his son will run it.
Every bit of fandom you offer helps line that families pockets.

Jerry has told everyone to blame him, because he realizes you goofballs that hate him will still hand him money.

That is mental illness.
Anyone who loves the team for what they were in the 70s or 80s is either too young to have any real idea what that was or is in a losing battle with time and reality.

rdskn4eva

Reaction score

Jimmy Johnson
Super Bowls 2
2 Conference Championships
Division Titles 2
6 Playoff Berths
56% Regular Season Record
69% Post Season Record
9-4 Post Season Record
Bonus - Changed player evaluation process for NFL

Bill Cowher
1 Super Bowl
8 Division Titles
10 Playoff berths
62% Regular Season Record
57% Post Season Record

To me, these guys are about even. Jimmy had better post seasons success and 2 losing seasons in 9 years which is really good. Basically responsible for 3 Super Bowls. He did have a 1-15 record but I cant knock him much for this as he was a rookie head coach with a rookie QB but its still on his record. Got to the playoffs with Marino but didnt do much once he got there. Bill had more success over a longer period of time. But he never reached the highs of JJ. 8 Division titles is very impressive. Only 3 losing seasons in 15 years is really good. His teams were always competitive. He never had flat out bad teams (1-15 Jimmy Johnson). Got to a Super Bowl with Neil O Donnell (lol).

If they were players
Jimmy Johnson - Higher Peak
Bill Cowher - Longer Prime, Career.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson
Super Bowls 2
Division Titles 2
6 Playoff Berths
56% Regular Season Record
69% Post Season Record
9-4 Post Season Record
Bonus - Changed player evaluation process for NFL

Bill Cowher
1 Super Bowl
8 Division Titles
10 Playoff berths
62% Regular Season Record
57% Post Season Record

To me, these guys are about even. Jimmy had better post seasons success and 2 losing seasons in 9 years which is really good. Basically responsible for 3 Super Bowls. He did have a 1-15 record but I cant knock him much for this as he was a rookie head coach with a rookie QB but its still on his record. Got to the playoffs with Marino but didnt do much once he got there. Bill had more success over a longer period of time. But he never reached the highs of JJ. 8 Division titles is very impressive. Only 3 losing seasons in 15 years is really good. His teams were always competitive. He never had flat out bad teams (1-15 Jimmy Johnson). Got to a Super Bowl with Neil O Donnell (lol).

If they were players
Jimmy Johnson - Higher Peak
Bill Cowher - Longer Prime, Career.

Agree, first time responding to something you posted Mr. Commanders. Great post from another team prospective. Don't see you on much like our others buddies from other teams like Aero (Eagles) and Cpanther (Steelers).

rdskn4eva

Reaction score
Agree, first time responding to something you posted Mr. Commanders. Great post from another team prospective. Don't see you on much like our others buddies from other teams like Aero (Eagles) and Cpanther (Steelers).

Thank you kind sir. I come here quite often but don't post much. But this is one of the better fan sites out there for any team.

CB61

Reaction score
Well it wasn't that far apart and Bill Cowher was in the league longer than Jimmy was I believe it was just a timing issue was only a day or two apart

Valkyr

Reaction score
I watched Jimmy's "America's Game" doc again and it was just so refreshing to watch a guy who was clearly in charge and knew what he was doing up at the podium during press conferences.

Their breakup has got to be the biggest 'what could have been' in NFL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.