Bleacher Report says Flacco to Denver a done deal

Verdict

Reaction score
Bleacher Report says Flacco to Denver a done deal.

Pape

Reaction score
This seems like a very lateral move.

Now Denver has $45m devoted to the QB position on the CAP, and they don’t even have a Top-15 QB.

they will dump Case Keenum ... wind up with about 10m in dead money over that deal... if they can trade him, say Keenum, a 6th, & a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos for a 7th the dead money hit will be even less... as for the flacco deal, i'm pretty sure (but not 100% positive) the signing bonus monies don't count against their cap, only the 18.5m salary...

Verdammung

Reaction score
John Elway can't draft and develop a QB; he bought his super bowl through free agency and his only hope to get enough wins to save his job is through a veteran QB.

jsb357

Reaction score
Cool...

Go Flacco.

Unless you play Dallas then...

crash and burn Flacco.

:starspin:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
they will dump Case Keenum ... wind up with about 10m in dead money over that deal... if they can trade him, say Keenum, a 6th, & a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos for a 7th the dead money hit will be even less... as for the flacco deal, i'm pretty sure (but not 100% positive) the signing bonus monies don't count against their cap, only the 18.5m salary...

Exactly. Their Qb cap for 2019 will be around 29m$. High, but reasonable for a team in their situation.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what Elway is thinking right now. Flacco is ok but he needs a nice supporting cast.

Pape

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what Elway is thinking right now. Flacco is ok but he needs a nice supporting cast.
Stability in the position of qb... more so than what keenum brings to the table? Flacco isnt a win now qb, more of a veteran place holder til they draft a replacement... i would imagine that the donks just want to be respectable over the next two seasons vs trying to win it all like he did when he signed manning

Flamma

Reaction score
That sounds about right. Still a lot of money to put out for low expectations.

kskboys

Reaction score
Elway is thinking that we are going nowhere until we get at least a viable starting QB in here. And Flacco is the best available.