News: Bo + Austin = the end for Rod Smith?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who knows... but I always thought Austin could be deadly if utilized right.

I agree. Austin is the fastest player they have had on offense in quite some time. I am really hoping they find ways to get him the ball in space.

Lance Dunbar was actually very effective in the offense, the problem was he got injured every single year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was once a guy like that who played for the raiders lol
And his name was Bo
He was bigger/stronger than Scarbrough and faster than Austin.

The funny thing is that I'm not even exaggerating.

The first thing that comes to mind when I see his name is the habit he had of breaking bats over his knee or his head. Others have done it but he just made it look so easy. Second is the run into the tunnel and 3rd is his his cannon arm in baseball.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
Bo reminds me a lot of MB3. I can't wait to see what he does in preseason

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it’s Rods job to lose
But if Bo can’t help on ST then he may have a tough time making the team
Part of it depends on if they consider Austin a RB in regards to the numbers at RB and WR.

Linehan made the comments about him being a WR first but I think in regards to position depth they'll consider him a RB, but it could go either way.

If we call the FB a RB then they most likely keep 4 but have kept 5 some years. It's possible they keep zero FBs.

Options with 4 total:
Zeke
Austin
R.Smith
FB

Zeke
Austin
Scarbrough
FB

Zeke
Austin
R.Smith
Scarbrough

Zeke
R.Smith
Scarbrough
FB
(Austin considered a WR)

If they keep 5 total:
Zeke
Austin
R.Smith
Scarbrough
FB

blindzebra

Reaction score
Austin is a gimmick player, not a true RB. You want to put a target on a back it needs to be on Olawale, the offense we are running does not need a FB we have averaged about 6 offensive snaps a game with a FB. Smith played FB, Bo is big enough to do it, throw in Swaim and Schultz and those 6 snaps are easy to replace.

DiResta

Reaction score
Mike White balls out in preseason
3 qb with Mike White or 3rd string Bo Scarbrough?
Bo Scarbrough or Rico Gathers?

DiResta

Reaction score
Austin is a gimmick player, not a true RB. You want to put a target on a back it needs to be on Olawale, the offense we are running does not need a FB we have averaged about 6 offensive snaps a game with a FB. Smith played FB, Bo is big enough to do it, throw in Swaim and Schultz and those 6 snaps are easy to replace.
Keith Smith was a big part of Zekes success

DiResta

Reaction score
if MIke White is going to be the next best thing, why keep 3 qbs?
because its just jags in preseason and like Cooper you are thinking development guy
if he looked bad its easy
if he shreds then you have to decide

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rod Smith is a Jag. I like his heart but he's really not great at anything.

Yeah, except he's actually contributed to an NFL roster.

Bo was a late pick for a reason. He's a guy who NFL size players won't struggle to tackle. He's got no value on passing downs. If he can't contribute on ST, he's practice squad at best.

I know y'all love yer new toys, but be realistic.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
a 7th round draft pick is the new god.

can we at least wait til the first pre season game?
You're comprehending that wrong. If people thought Bo was god then they would be saying it's Zeke against Bo. Rod, Austin and Bo should have an open competition for the backup spot. Personally I think Rod is the backup and they use Bo and Austin in special packages or situations. If the pull Zeke off the field for a large amount of time then someone needs to be fired

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You're comprehending that wrong. If people thought Bo was god then they would be saying it's Zeke against Bo. Rod, Austin and Bo should have an open competition for the backup spot. Personally I think Rod is the backup and they use Bo and Austin in special packages or situations. If the pull Zeke off the field for a large amount of time then someone needs to be fired

ok, if you really believe in a RB, and you drafted him in the 7th, its only one of two things, hes making the team or hes not. I would never PS a RB now a days because their shelf life is to short.

So, if this team brought him in, and its not just for a camp body, i think he should make the team, but in order to do that, someone has to go immediately.

Personally i wouldnt use Austin as a RB unless for the one time gadget play here or there.

I would line up Zeke, and Bo as the RBs, Oswale or whateer as the FB, and as much as i like Rod Smith, hes gone because Bo is coming in stronger and cheaper.

Lets go back to pushing defenses around.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
because its just jags in preseason and like Cooper you are thinking development guy
if he looked bad its easy
if he shreds then you have to decide

thre is no deciding, i dont get the concept of "having the answer" and still thinking, well, do i have the right answer.

we arent talented enough to carry 3 qbs. Neither QB is going to give us a weeks time. I like Cooper, but we all know he didnt have a great long throw. If Mike White brings a bit more, or a better development, run with him and thank Rush for all hes done.

this is a no brainer, we dont have time to develop two qbs, we suck with back up qbs as it is, bringing in more isnt making the situation better.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Why wasn't he drafted until the 7th round if he's so good? I think most of us expect a little too much from the guy.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah, except he's actually contributed to an NFL roster.

Bo was a late pick for a reason. He's a guy who NFL size players won't struggle to tackle. He's got no value on passing downs. If he can't contribute on ST, he's practice squad at best.

I know y'all love yer new toys, but be realistic.

I'm not saying Bo is all world either, or Austin who has been a huge disappointment. We go as Zeke go.