Bo Scarbrough is huge

DiResta

Reaction score
Huge? He's not huge. 228 lbs.? Hell, Elliott is that big. People act like he's 245-250 lbs. He's a big guy, but not for an NFL running back.
and faster

Bo runs into the backs of his blockers or slows down at the line way too much
if you give him a big lane great
i think people are going to see a guy who runs hard but lacks vision and gets stuffed often
not hating just something you see constantly from him

vaturkey

Reaction score
Huge hands. You know what they say about folks with huge hands. :) Big Feet. :)

PS. How can a guy that big only put up 8 lifts at the combine? Seems positively weird.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
He is 3 pounds heavier than Zeke but he does run hard Everyone got to see what that did for Barber but i'm game to watch again

kevm3

Reaction score
If he's always going forward and can constantly convert those 3rd downs when Zeke is on the bench, then he was well worth the 7th rounder. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be Zeke 2, but they are excited to see another big body behind this o line.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
We need to stockpile running backs and bolster the run game. That’s what you do when you have a young offensive genius passing game coach. :muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think its official: Zeke won't see a second contract in Dallas. :facepalm:
most likelty true but not because of BO but because of RB overuse and mileage and the ability to find more great ones in the draft than any other position..we wanted Murray but for one less year and a little less money he left, most likely going to happen to Zeke as well..its the new NFL..gotta keep money for the overpaid creampuff QBs you know :)

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Huge hands. You know what they say about folks with huge hands. :) Big Feet. :)

PS. How can a guy that big only put up 8 lifts at the combine? Seems positively weird.
Because he's got that country strength.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The #2 job is Rod Smith's to lose at this point.

Watching his highlights of Scarbrough, he looks like a bigger version of Marion Barber.

For his size, Scarbrough looks like he has decent enough burst (not Zeke burst) and once he does get going he can move the ball through a few hits.

If the OL can get back to 2016 form and IF he makes the team, I don't think it would be outragous to see him get 60-100 carries in a season and take some load off of Zeke so he's fresher at year's end.
Rod's #2 spot is safe. It's more than just running the ball which Bo is good not great at. It's also special teams. Rod and Tavon are special teams must on this team so I just dont see how Bo makes the team outside of an injury.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We've got a big backfield. Elliott is 6-0, 228. Rod Smith is 6-3, 235. Scarbrough is 6-1, 238.

Then, of course, there's our web back Tavon Austin at a whopping 5-8, 179.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Rod's #2 spot is safe. It's more than just running the ball which Bo is good not great at. It's also special teams. Rod and Tavon are special teams must on this team so I just dont see how Bo makes the team outside of an injury.

The addition of Austin does make it tougher for Scarbrough. If he's counted as a running back instead of a receiver, then either we have to keep four backs (in addition to a fullback) or Scarbrough has to beat out Smith, who Dallas liked enough to not keep a vet backup this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I disagree about the back up rb being safe. Scar will prove it in camp. Get your popcorn ready.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The addition of Austin does make it tougher for Scarbrough. If he's counted as a running back instead of a receiver, then either we have to keep four backs (in addition to a fullback) or Scarbrough has to beat out Smith, who Dallas liked enough to not keep a vet backup this year.
We also can't forget what Olawale brings to the table as a capable runner and receiver from the backfield outside of his ability to block. It's really a very uphill battle for Bo to make this team.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
and faster

Bo runs into the backs of his blockers or slows down at the line way too much
if you give him a big lane great
i think people are going to see a guy who runs hard but lacks vision and gets stuffed often
not hating just something you see constantly from him
Or he steps up his game to compete with Zeke and the other Pros and makes a big impact

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Rod Smith is no impediment to any real RB....he runs a 4.7 and more of a FB....... if Bo can't beat out Rod then he doesn't deserve a roster spot

Why so many Cowboys fans are already rooting for that is par for the course and truly laughable