Bo Scarbrough is huge

movaughn88

Reaction score
He may very well adjust to playing lighter and regain his strength. I dont think he is weak for his current weight, I was more so speculating he lost strength with the rapid cutting of weight. He should get it back.

Im making assumptions though, I dont know exactly what he did heading into the combine.

Sounds reasonable to me. I've (unfortunately, lol) never been an elite 230 lb athlete, so if playing at 230 makes one feel quicker than 235/238, I sincerely doubt that 5 pound dumbell's worth of weight makes a huge difference over fitness and weight training when you're trying to gain an extra yard running full speed into an NFL defensive lineman.

Reactions: CWR

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rod Smith is no impediment to any real RB....he runs a 4.7 and more of a FB....... if Bo can't beat out Rod then he doesn't deserve a roster spot

Why so many Cowboys fans are already rooting for that is par for the course and truly laughable
bo was penciled in as a round 1 or 2 player before injury. He was basically unstoppable. He will push Zeke TO BE BETTER. This is a great thing.

CWR

Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me. I've (unfortunately, lol) never been an elite 230 lb athlete, so if playing at 230 makes one feel quicker than 235/238, I sincerely doubt that 5 pound dumbell's worth of weight makes a huge difference over fitness and weight training when you're trying to gain an extra yard running full speed into an NFL defensive lineman.

Yeah Im making the assumption he played in the 240s and then adding in the fact he was already pretty ripped up and to lose 10 plus pounds on an already leaned out physique may have cost him more strength than he expected.

Of course its also possible hes just a specimen and hasnt really been much for the weight room. Ive known a couple fellas who were just yolked up for no damn reason lol.

Regardless hes gonna need to get stronger. Im only speculating because it seems odd such a big guy lifted so poorly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tell ya what, Zeke BETTER bring it in camp and preseason. Bo gonna be Bo...and IF healthy,will make that RB room much better this year. Lets not discount the value of Scar and what he can do for this team. This will be the first time in 3 years that Zeke will be pushed by a fellow RB for PT. When Scar was healthy in college he was an absolute beast...a downhill train.He's DeMarco Murray 2.0...when he's right.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tell ya what, Zeke BETTER bring it in camp and preseason. Bo gonna be Bo...and IF healthy,will make that RB room much better this year. Lets not discount the value of Scar and what he can do for this team. This will be the first time in 3 years that Zeke will be pushed by a fellow RB for PT. When Scar was healthy in college he was an absolute beast...a downhill train.He's DeMarco Murray 2.0...when he's right.

I think Bo can be a big help and I fully expect to see a very motivated Zeke, not because of Bo but because of how he was done last season by the league. Zeke will come in with a big chip on his shoulder. I like Bo but frankly he can't do anything that Zeke can't do yet there is things Zeke can do that Bo can't.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Bo can be a big help and I fully expect to see a very motivated Zeke, not because of Bo but because of how he was done last season by the league. Zeke will come in with a big chip on his shoulder. I like Bo but frankly he can't do anything that Zeke can't do yet there is things Zeke can do that Bo can't.
He can do 2 things that Zeke can do. Run over you. Take it to the house and go round you. The 2 things that make Zeke special are pass blocking and catching. The same 2 things Scar has issues with...and needs to get better at. Bo aint a 1 trick pony,I assure you. Watch his Bama tape.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guess my point is he will make Zeke even better and push him...and PLUS he will be a very nice upgrade as a one two punch with Zeke. I see really good things ahead. I think we can run for about 2500-2700 yards this year as a team. I don't think Dak will need to pass more than 20 times per on average. We gonna lean on that monster oline and beat folks up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He can do 2 things that Zeke can do. Run over you. Take it to the house and go round you. The 2 things that make Zeke special are pass blocking and catching. The same 2 things Scar has issues with...and needs to get better at. Bo aint a 1 trick pony,I assure you. Watch his Bama tape.

I like Bo. Zeke can run over a guy and no doubt Zeke can take it to the house, Zeke can catch and block and Zeke has the stamina. Bo is a very good RB but has never carried the big load all season long. Most he had in at Bama was 125 carries and Bama is a big time ground attack team. I think Bo could fit in nicely on this team and make an impact. I don't see him taking Zeke job Comparison OSU Zeke had 289 carries his last season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Prediction..or my hope I guess. Dak runs for 300 yards. Zeke runs for 1800. IF HEALTHY..Bo will win the number 2 RB spot and get his touches..so if that happens,he gets around 600 yards total. The fullback will get about 400...and Rod Smith about 300...give or take. A lot can change obviously. But looking at how this team his built...we gonna use raw power and jam it down the field on the ground..

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like Bo. Zeke can run over a guy and no doubt Zeke can take it to the house, Zeke can catch and block and Zeke has the stamina. Bo is a very good RB but has never carried the big load all season long. Most he had in at Bama was 125 carries and Bama is a big time ground attack team. I think Bo could fit in nicely on this team and make an impact. I don't see him taking Zeke job Comparison OSU Zeke had 289 carries his last season.
OK..never did I say something like he gonna take his job. That's pie in the sky. But this dude will be a better pro in our system than he was a college player. Got to stay healthy and if he does he will be a nice compliment to Zeke. He knows how to finish off runs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK..never did I say something like he gonna take his job. That's pie in the sky. But this dude will be a better pro in our system than he was a college player. Got to stay healthy and if he does he will be a nice compliment to Zeke. He knows how to finish off runs.

I don't doubt that, With the Dallas line a RB like Bo who runs with power and has decent speed for his size could make an impact on this team. I look forward to seeing him go out and earn a job.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't doubt that, With the Dallas line a RB like Bo who runs with power and has decent speed for his size could make an impact on this team. I look forward to seeing him go out and earn a job.
agree. Wouldn't it be something if someone we don't expect emerges and blows our minds at rb? Like Trey Williams? Or Jordan Chunn? Chunn was a nice power back too at Troy. Gonna be exciting for sure!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
wow I had to look it up but it shows Zeke is 6' tall and 228 Bo is 6'1 228 zekes faster with more moves! no wonder he was a 4th overall pick

Bo likens Cowboys to Alabama.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/cowboys_similarities_to_crimso.html

Bo may have been bigger as a Freshman.

10951729-large.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Yeah, it's tough to remain healthy with the running style that Bo holds dear but with more physical training and experience, he should develop into an even more devastating and durable running threat. He'll be a worthy backup to Zeke, just as much as any of our other RBs are. We're blessed with an incredibly capable corps of RBs this year. I'm excited in no small measure in my anticipation of what they might accomplish. It'll be a thrilling sight to see. ;)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prediction..or my hope I guess. Dak runs for 300 yards. Zeke runs for 1800. IF HEALTHY..Bo will win the number 2 RB spot and get his touches..so if that happens,he gets around 600 yards total. The fullback will get about 400...and Rod Smith about 300...give or take. A lot can change obviously. But looking at how this team his built...we gonna use raw power and jam it down the field on the ground..

Those numbers are not realistic.

At the link below, click on the year, then scroll down and click on Show Rushing and Receiving.

You will see the yards for each Rusher that season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/