Bob Hayes Gravesite Update

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and post this thread and sticky it.

Bullet Bob Hayes died on September 18, 2002. As of this posting he still resides in an unmarked grave in Jacksonville, Florida. There are plans to move him to a mausoleum with his mother. The family has been making payments on this but money is still owed. This is an effort to raise the money for the family to pay for this to happen. Bob Hayes deserves a proper memorial as his final resting place.

To that end this project begins.

If any attorney on the site who has connections to Florida Law can give me an assist with this please PM me a phone # where I can reach you and I will call on my nickel. I want to make absolutely certain all avenues taken are legal.

I now have the phone number for Bob Hayes' sister and will be calling her in an about an hour.

Once I do this I will again call the Cemetary Director and coordinate this with him.

I want to make absolutely certain that all money goes directly to paying for his proper memorial. I want to make sure no excess money is donated.

If anyone reading this is affiliated with another Cowboys site and wants to be included in this drive, please PM trickblue and he will help me there. Give him your URL and as soon as we have this set up he will contact you about posting this on your site.

As I have already indicated one of my first moves will be to try and speak to Jerry Jones. I will be doing that before it gets underway. If I can't speak to him I will not hold it against him, but I will make that effort.

Folks I happen to know that the amount needed is not exhorbitant. We can make this happen in a very short time if all the stars line up for us.

I will update this as soon as I can.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Hostile;1592156 said:
I am going to go ahead and post this thread and sticky it.

If any attorney on the site who has connections to Florida Law can give me an assist with this please PM me a phone # where I can reach you and I will call on my nickel. I want to make absolutely certain all avenues taken are legal.

I now have the phone number for Bob Hayes' sister and will be calling her in an about an hour.

Once I do this I will again call the Cemetary Director and coordinate this with him.

I want to make absolutely certain that all money goes directly to paying for his proper memorial. I want to make sure no excess money is donated.

If anyone reading this is affiliated with another Cowboys site and wants to be included in this drive, please PM Trickblue and he will help me there. Give him your URL and as soon as we have this set up he will contact you about posting this on your site.

As I have already indicated one of my first moves will be to try and speak to Jerry Jones. I will be doing that before it gets underway. If I can't speak to him I will not hold it against him, but I will make that effort.

Folks I happen to know that the amount needed is not exhorbitant. We can make this happen in a very short time if all the stars line up for us.

I will update this as soon as I can.

Hostile, I am a little confused here, what is going on?
What exactly happened, and what are you trying to do?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Champsheart;1592162 said:
Hostile, I am a little confused here, what is going on?
What exactly happened, and what are you trying to do?
I'll update the original post.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You know I'll be on the band wagon...

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

LeeC53

Reaction score
Why don't we set this up so the members that want to can contribut like we did for this site ? I'll be glad to contribute !

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Okay, I have an update.

The sister who's phone number was given to me is not the sister I need to speak with. The account is in her name and I need her permission to proceed. She has been given my number and is planning to call me.

On hold until I get that call.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Hostile;1592291 said:
Okay, I have an update.

The sister who's phone number was given to me is not the sister I need to speak with. The account is in her name and I need her permission to proceed. She has been given my number and is planning to call me.

On hold until I get that call.

Anxiously awaiting your update...I'm in for what I can do.

I do think an attempt should be made to inform JJ of this...no matter how futile it may be.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jackrussell;1592321 said:
Anxiously awaiting your update...I'm in for what I can do.

I do think an attempt should be made to inform JJ of this...no matter how futile it may be.
I will be calling him within the next hour. I have a phone number where I can reach him. All I can do is try.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
i've been offline for a bit, but did we ever get a true understanding that there was some family squabbling addressed?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HighTechDave;1592388 said:
i've been offline for a bit, but did we ever get a true understanding that there was some family squabbling addressed?
That appears to have been settled. At one point there was one. It had to do with what to also do with their mother.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
thanks, just need to make sure this isn't going into a "Sucka" account, and that someone outside the family writes the check

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;1592342 said:
I will be calling him within the next hour. I have a phone number where I can reach him. All I can do is try.

If he won't speak to you, just say "Jerra, does 50,000 watts of power in Farmers Branch mean anything to you?" Mission accomplished.

failing that, I'm in for the same amount i sent to the site.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1592476 said:
Hos, how much do they need?
Edgewood Cemetary cannot tell me that because of privacy issues.

I'm sort of stuck until his sister who has the legal authority calls me.

My boss (a multimillionaire) pledged to donate this afternoon. He's a very generous man, so it might be a nice contribution.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1592486 said:
If he won't speak to you, just say "Jerra, does 50,000 watts of power in Farmers Branch mean anything to you?" Mission accomplished.

failing that, I'm in for the same amount i sent to the site.
I will make sure he knows GTB. ;)