Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band Announce Farewell Tour

lukin2006

Reaction score
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band Announce Farewell Tour

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...er-bullet-band-announce-farewell-tour-725085/

I can not wait. I see Bob Seger on every tour. The last concert my brother and I ever saw together was Seger. No Detroit dates yet. They will most likely be at the end and there will likely be a string of them. My game plan is to secure any ticket for any show, then overpay for the final concert. Bob Seger has been so much a part of my life. So looking forward to seeing this American rock icon a few more times.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i've applied for a photo pass. longshot i know but i've been getting good shows lately. last ones were 5 finger death punch, cheap trick and that range. they're right down the highway from me for this show and i believe in dallas (frisco) it's a sat night. hope i can get the pass!

lukin2006

Reaction score
Had no idea they still toured. I would like to see that show.

Seger is excellent still. He uses more backing vocals than in years past, but it still great though. It looks like Detroit will be added to the end of the tour, nothing for Detroit has been announced ... I am assuming he is saving is hometown for the end of the tour...Alto Reed on Sax is still amazing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seger is excellent still. He uses more backing vocals than in years past, but it still great though. It looks like Detroit will be added to the end of the tour, nothing for Detroit has been announced ... I am assuming he is saving is hometown for the end of the tour...Alto Reed on Sax is still amazing.
I've been hearing snippets of an interview with him on Sirius/XM, in which he says that if he ever hangs it up, it'll be because he thinks his voice is going. I wonder if his voice is going.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Great band.. Very underrated IMO
Hmm. I would call them properly rated. They're an extremely solid mainstream rock-n-roll band. I don't think they were super influential, they didn't push the envelope or define the sound of a generation or anything like that. They just did what they did really really well. And I think that's how they're thought of.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I've been hearing snippets of an interview with him on Sirius/XM, in which he says that if he ever hangs it up, it'll be because he thinks his voice is going. I wonder if his voice is going.

I will admit, it is ... he still puts on a solid 2-hour show...and still sounds better than me ... :laugh:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The farewell tour has been going on for the past year. I guess they have been easily selling the venues out (no surprise) and have decided to keep going. Great artist, great music, will always be one of my favorites.

Ironically, I saw Don Felder in Grapevine last weekend....outstanding and in same class as Seger. For an old coot like me, The Eagles and Seger will always be among the best.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The farewell tour has been going on for the past year. I guess they have been easily selling the venues out (no surprise) and have decided to keep going. Great artist, great music, will always be one of my favorites.

Ironically, I saw Don Felder in Grapevine last weekend....outstanding and in same class as Seger. For an old coot like me, The Eagles and Seger will always be among the best.

Bob Seger started the tour and then had to postpone the tour to have back surgery.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Bob Seger started the tour and then had to postpone the tour to have back surgery.
Oh, that sux. He has had is share of health issues. He was around my area what seemed to be about a year ago with the farewell tour and I was bummed I couldn't make the show. Glad he was able to get back on his horse and finish his way. A Great talent.