Twitter: Bob Sturm has hunch Dak is signed by Thursday at 8:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton

Reaction score
We would have had a chance wouldn't we? What else do you want? Lets not forget we were down big and who led us back? If Scott and Jason didnt get cute and stuck to the same game plan we used against GB earlier in the season (running Zeke down their throats to the tune of 200 plus yards on the ground) it wouldnt have mattered.

You went off the assumption that if Jones maintained his coverage on Cook, the Cowboys would have won the game. All it would have done is force the game into overtime. At which point nothing is certain.

Yes, Prescott led the team back, and was terrific in the second half. But, he did kill a scoring drive with a lazy pass on a bubble screen that Micah Hyde intercepted, so he's not entirely without blame for the outcome.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak can't even physically play football at this point. And last he could, he stunk as bad as The Hardline.
SMH...last I remember before the injury, Dak was on pace to shatter the NFL passing and offensive records.....is that your definition of stink?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah...multiple INTs in each game...great. And our record was great too, with Dak under center....You can call it hating if you want, but it's reality.
SMH again, he had 4 interceptions in 5 games. 2 of which came in the last few seconds of games, in desperation throws...

ahh, do you understand football and how it works?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You went off the assumption that if Jones maintained his coverage on Cook, the Cowboys would have won the game. All it would have done is force the game into overtime. At which point nothing is certain.

Yes, Prescott led the team back, and was terrific in the second half. But, he did kill a scoring drive with a lazy pass on a bubble screen that Micah Hyde intercepted, so he's not entirely without blame for the outcome.
exactly. nothing is certain. which means cowboys having the momentum could have won, probably a higher chance.....and you know Dak was a rookie, going against the Elite, future HOFer Rodgers, toe to toe.....

and I find it really funny, you pick one pass to nitpick and blame the loss on.....do you want me to nit pick some passes for Brady? rodgers? Brees? wilson? you really want me to nit pick like that?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Oh I am not absolving him at all. But i put that on coaching as well. Why we came out throwing and why that was our game plan makes no sense considering what we did earlier in the season on the ground.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Elite throw by Rodgers.
Prescott had the ball in his hands on a game winning drive with a TD to win the game and a field goal to take it to over time. Yet he couldn't score the TD and by spiking the ball he left too much time on the clock for Rodgers to win it in regulation and he gave the Packers defense (out on its knees) a much needed rest and a better chance of preventing the TD. To be fair that's also on the coaching but those are the plays which explain why a rookie QB has never won a Superbowl for a moment like that. An experienced QB would have kept the drive going when the defense was gassed out as they would know all the plays in every situation and not need to effectively take a time out and run through the play book.
Dak decided to call a spike? or the coach? who manages the game and game clock? the QB? or the coach? and remember, Dak, a rookie 4th rounder at the time went toe to toe with Rodgers, the Super Elite, Future HOFer......so you want to nit pick a play by a rookie QB, yet forget the fact that a rookie QB, went 13-3, went to last minute of the game against Rodgers and took a miracle throw by Rodgers to get in position to win the game. yeah, lets forget about all of that, but focus on a spike, called by the coach and blame him.......tell me honestly, when Romo went down, did you think the season was done? or did you think we could do what we did?

come on dude.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yeah.. On a great team.. Unfortunately he is more like Joe Flacco then he is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and he needs to be carried there and it's hard to get enough pieces when guys like Joe Flacco or Dak get paid.

If you didn't notice.. We were a watermelon kick from 0-4 to start this season and have 1 wildcard win under our belt with him having the best team friendly contract in football over that period.
I don't think we are watching the same game.

Dak is a franchise QB and with a piece-meal offensive line was carrying this team on his back.

Plankton

Reaction score
exactly. nothing is certain. which means cowboys having the momentum could have won, probably a higher chance.....and you know Dak was a rookie, going against the Elite, future HOFer Rodgers, toe to toe.....

and I find it really funny, you pick one pass to nitpick and blame the loss on.....do you want me to nit pick some passes for Brady? rodgers? Brees? wilson? you really want me to nit pick like that?

Clearly reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. What I said was that Prescott threw a lazy pass that was picked and ended a scoring drive, indicating that he was not without blame for the loss. Did that one play cost them the game? No, not any more than Byron Jones falling asleep in coverage did. It was a contributing factor to a team loss.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Clearly reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. What I said was that Prescott threw a lazy pass that was picked and ended a scoring drive, indicating that he was not without blame for the loss. Did that one play cost them the game? No, not any more than Byron Jones falling asleep in coverage did. It was a contributing factor to a team loss.
and you seem to have reading comprehension problems. you can't take one pass and one play and generalize. if you take one bad play and say he had a hand in it, then I can do the same for Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc....take one bad play, one bad pass, one interception in a loss and blame them......

every game. every player. every play, every team, every year. in any game, there good plays and bad plays by every player. 100% guaranteed. you look at the overall by the team and not single out a play and call it....and say it contributed and that play is an example....... I am sure Dak had other misses. and he made quite a few more plays..... that was a very lazy approach on your part to try to place blame...you can do better. most NFL games go into the 4th quarter within a score. how the game is managed, played in the 4th quarter, makes the difference. when at the end there is opportunities to make plays...when it counts the most. that's the difference. every player makes mistakes during the game at some point but they get opportunity to come back and correct it......so there are those that raise in the end and there are those that fail. our defense when it mattered failed. Rodgers when it mattered raised his game and made incredible plays. end of story.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
No its just factually incorrect to be charitable, and a lie if we are being blunt. He had multiple INTs in one game. That is it. One is less than every game he played. Wins and losses are team stats and not QB stats so basically you have lies and nonsense as your argument not reality.

"Team stat"...the out of every Dak homer. Okay, fair enough...the team as a whole stunk last season. And the season before that? You know, when Dak couldn't beat the Jets, much less get us to the playoffs in the worst division in football? And the year before that, when we were heading to the toilet before Cooper was signed?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
SMH again, he had 4 interceptions in 5 games. 2 of which came in the last few seconds of games, in desperation throws...

ahh, do you understand football and how it works?

Probably better than you. Ahh, maybe I was thinking of the close-call interceptions avoided due to the incompetence of the defender.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
SMH...last I remember before the injury, Dak was on pace to shatter the NFL passing and offensive records.....is that your definition of stink?

SMH...YES, our record was the definition of stink. Hooray for Dak's stats, especially toward the end of the games, though.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I want dak here. But if he signs a big deal its time to win. No more garret here.... No more “there is no team around him” excuse either. He wanted big money.... he knows what this does to the teams ability to sign players at other positions. Baring big injuries there is also 0 reason we shouldn’t walk away with the nfc east next year.

No more just make the playoffs and call it a good year. This team needs to start getting to championship games again

Adreme

Reaction score
"Team stat"...the out of every Dak homer. Okay, fair enough...the team as a whole stunk last season. And the season before that? You know, when Dak couldn't beat the Jets, much less get us to the playoffs in the worst division in football? And the year before that, when we were heading to the toilet before Cooper was signed?

Zack Martin could not beat the Jets, why are we paying him? See how silly that argument sounds. TEAMS win and lose games which is why wins are a team stat not an individual stat. No competent football analyst uses wins as a QB stat because its as nonsensical as using them as a Guard stat.

I get why you want to because by every real way people analyze QBs Dak is elite and as a hater you cannot handle that you need to form your own reality and to do that you use stats that no competent football analysts focus on when looking at QBs because it is literally all you have left.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Cowfan75

Reaction score
so in your football expert opinion, QB is the only source of wins and losses, coaches, defense, special teams be dammned.... OOOOKKKK then....

here is a recommendation for you

Football For Dummies: Howie Long, John Czarnecki: 9781119553007: Amazon.com: Books

Thanks for the recommendation, but your flaccid attempts at zings can't cover your homerism. I've already agreed the team as a whole stunk, but that it doesn't excuse QB play...not this season, or last season, or the season before that. Fans like you would be fine with Dak locked up for 5 years and never make the playoffs, blaming the team around him the entire way.

Status
Not open for further replies.