Bob Sturm: The average red zone run in the NFL from 2016-2018

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Here is comes....the tidal wave of statistical crap...to justify this ridiculous Dak contract. Brace yourself.

ridiculous.gif

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
But wait, I thought the trolls told us that Dak wasn't elite at anything? He is just average.

Dak is very good to elite at a lot of things.

Watch the Dak-haters do mental gymnastics every time there are stats relating to Dak.

Its actually kind of entertaining to watch.

I'm going to LOVE the mental gymnastics that occur after Dak leads us to #6.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is very good to elite at a lot of things.

Watch the Dak-haters do mental gymnastics every time there are stats relating to Dak.

Its actually kind of entertaining to watch.

I'm going to LOVE the mental gymnastics that occur after Dak leads us to #6.

Dak, Romo..…………….all these guy are capable of winning it all. But do they have the team around them and coaching to do it. Some need more then others.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Dak, Romo..…………….all these guy are capable of winning it all. But do they have the team around them and coaching to do it. Some need more then others.
You also need luck. The talent levels of teams at the top are so close that a bad bounce or bad ref call can mean all the difference in a win or go home game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because teams don't focus on stopping him clearly.

To be fair, this cuts both ways.

If opposing defenses don’t key on Dak, thats foolish on their part. He gets 6 rushing TD’s a season. Plus he has an additional 2 rushing TD’s in 3 playoff games and a two point conversion in the playoffs.

If defenses aren’t trying to find a way to stop Dak’s running in the redzone. They are dumb.

Other aspects of the offense benefit from Dak’s
Ability to run. When they run a read option, Zeke has one less defender to deal with because the defensive end has to stay home and account for Dak’s ability to run off the edge. Just like his running benefits from Zeke and the OL. It’s symbiotic.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This article didn't start as a Prescott thing. It started as an Elliott thing.

So please understand the genesis.

I have to think last year was affected by Frederick being out as far as Elliott goes.

As far as Prescott goes, that's cool. I appreciate the fact he is wildly productive in the red zone as a runner.

In fact, they need to run him a lot more than they do in general to maximize what they are going to end paying him.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm no stat guy but a Dak run seems to be the best (as in consistently positive) play we run in the red zone since he got here.
I remember a stat during the off season last year that Dak had more rushing TDs of 10+ yds in 2017 than any other NFL player, not just QBs but every other player. I haven't seen it for last season, but he does lead QBs in rushing TDs over the last 3 seasons, so it does seem to make him a part of our redzone rushing attacks. I really am hoping to see the occasional QB option with Zeke.