Bob Sturm: The average red zone run in the NFL from 2016-2018

Verdict

Reaction score
The more you call, the more defenses will game plan to shut it down. Which means, either Elliott will have to do better in the red zone or Prescott will have to do better with his arm.

Defenses aren't dumb. They aren't just giving away those yards to Prescott for no reason.

Three more times per game would make a world of difference. It would help keep defenses honest and make them respect Dak’s running ability and open things up for Zeke.

Verdict

Reaction score
Trouble is, when you plunk down 100mil guaranteed for a player, you have to be more conservative with injury risk.

Me, I wanted us to churn running QBs. Save a ton of money, get extra threat out of your QB. But that's not in the cards.

We really could use a running QB on the roster in case Dak gets dinged up. You are never going to have enough quality pocket passers to get one on all 32 teams let alone keep two on your roster. The 3rd QB should be exceptional at running the ball and be able to pass a little to keep the opponent honest.

Put Michael Vick in the same backfield with Zeke running misdirection plays and we would double our rushing stats. We would eat teams alive.

Go get that guy as a 3rd QB.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Zeke is basically our whole offense dude
When there was no choice.
Then Amari came and now the team was able to spread the opposing D in 2 directions now.
They were too predictable to spread it any more.

So the offense became two-pronged from there.
Couldn't be 3 pronged because the TE's were still not worth giving much attention to.

So here we go.
And this should be edited for any catastrophic injuries...
The RB and WR core should be strong. The TE's are still unproven and that includes Rip Van Witt.
The OL still has some leaks with La'el and the LG and Tyron's annual health issue, on top of T-Fred and, Lawd forbid, something ugly happening to Martin...
But I do like that there should be some depth to this unit and it should be the main concern, going into the season, because it's the heart of the team, like it, or not.

And then we have a Rook OC, who may be brilliant, and may be the guy who tosses the playbook to the ground in frustration.

The D?
Man...
I don't know.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Didn't you just cite some Kellen Moore stats the other day? From his starts with the Cowboys?

Yup....I sure did. I bet that record never gets broken. Guy makes his 2nd home start...throws for 435...and 3TDs. Yet he's not good enough. Oh brother.