Twitter: Bobby Belt: "I Feel Like Amari Cooper is Gone"

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Stupid to trade for him and was stupid to give him that contract. This place went nuts over it.

WRs grow on trees as do RBs. We don't need to get desperate for either of them.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
OH....he is VERY happy as a cowboy just not happy where the ball is going? Welll...thank you for getting us in the mind of Amari! Separating those little details out for us!

In other words...happy with a fat check but NOT happy on the field? #1 WR NOT happy "where the ball is going"...that's very good news! We are in good shape there...no worries.

Hahaha! There's lots of worries. Amari, Dak, Lamb, the running game, the play calling. The aging o-line. Lot's of worries. The WR who can be used as trade bait or even is on a market deal with outs that are easy to accept are not the biggest deal.

He hasn't whined about anything. He is asked by the media and he says he can help his team if he gets the targets, especially in the red zone.

If he says nothing, then what do you say? That he's not interested? He's got to say something.

Biggest problem is the chemistry of the offense and it all started once were weren't effectively running by midseason. Then everything started to get compromised. Not your #1 WR who played with fractured ribs amongst other injuries the whole season.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No..we had to trade for him because all the receivers from the Romo era suddenly forgot how to play when Dak was gifted the job.

We didn't have to we just decided to. Cooper became a ghost a lot in that 2018 season as he did with the Raiders. You don't give up a first for that, I mean, it was even silly to give up a first for a first round that failed to live up to his first round status....

You wanna see the reason this is stupid? Guess what WR was taken early in the second round after the 2018 season.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hahaha! There's lots of worries. Amari, Dak, Lamb, the running game, the play calling. The aging o-line. Lot's of worries. The WR who can be used as trade bait or even is on a market deal with outs that are easy to accept are not the biggest deal.

He hasn't whined about anything. He is asked by the media and he says he can help his team if he gets the targets, especially in the red zone.

If he says nothing, then what do you say? That he's not interested? He's got to say something.

Biggest problem is the chemistry of the offense and it all started once were weren't effectively running by midseason. Then everything started to get compromised. Not your #1 WR who played with fractured ribs amongst other injuries the whole season.

Go talk to Raiders fans who were screaming about how uninterested and less motivated Cooper gets when things aren't going the right way. This has actually been a consistent criticism of him and he's on his second team and probably third shortly.

bigE79

Reaction score
We didn't have to we just decided to. Cooper became a ghost a lot in that 2018 season as he did with the Raiders. You don't give up a first for that, I mean, it was even silly to give up a first for a first round that failed to live up to his first round status....

You wanna see the reason this is stupid? Guess what WR was taken early in the second round after the 2018 season.
I should have put in a sarcasm hint.

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean they kind of need the cap space so either he is gone or about 5 other people are gone (though 3 of them are also likely gone so you can have enough money to resign ANYONE).

khiladi

Reaction score
His actual go to guy on his field is Ced. Makes sense as they seem have the best connections

"We've all been getting together pretty consistently for months now,'' the Pro Bowl receiver says of joining workouts led by QB Dak Prescott. "Working on route-running, working on the offense and everything like that. We've been getting a lot of work in, getting that timing right as if we were in minicamp or OTAs.''

And where did some of those pre-camp sessions take place?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ari-cooper-and-dak-prescotts-backyard-privacy

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I thought there was zero probability of that, but things got a little weird with Amari as the season went on between how he handled covid protocols, being cranky about targets, disappearing for long stretches.

Some of it is the coaches fault for not game planning to get him the ball. However I'm no longer 100% confident he's back

starcity214

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t throw to number 1 receivers consistently. Wasted money when you don’t throw it to your playmaker.

Kinda hard to get targets as a number 1 WR when your QB wont throw anything but checkdowns.

Guys like Cooper Kupp get those stats because their teams move them around all over the field and they let him run the full route tree.

When's the last time you saw Dak throw a 15 yard skinny post or 20 yard out? There's only so many routes you can run that are 10 yards lol

Amari with a guy like Rodgers or Burrow would be top 5 in the league.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
$16 million in savings, not 20.

And given their cap problems given they are over the cap by $13 million, Cooper definitely looks like a candidate to get canned.

But then they have to come up with the cap space to bring Gallup back. You can't go into 2022 with just Lamb and a bunch of JAGs at WR.
Gallup has a serious knee injury
Doubt he is a factor for any team next year.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I thought there was zero probability of that, but things got a little weird with Amari as the season went on between how he handled covid protocols, being cranky about targets, disappearing for long stretches.

Some of it is the coaches fault for not game planning to get him the ball. However I'm no longer 100% confident he's back
He has a right to be mad. His prime years are being wasted. A huge part of his game will never be utilized with Dak, the deep routes.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Kinda hard to get targets as a number 1 WR when your QB wont throw anything but checkdowns.

Guys like Cooper Kupp get those stats because their teams move them around all over the field and they let him run the full route tree.

When's the last time you saw Dak throw a 15 yard skinny post or 20 yard out? There's only so many routes you can run that are 10 yards lol

Amari with a guy like Rodgers or Burrow would be top 5 in the league.
I hope he goes to rodgers next year.

fansince68

Reaction score
Love me some Coop but we don’t use him so why not save money?
It's not that we don't use him. We can't use him if is qb holds onto the ball and gets sacked or under throws or throws behind the receiver LATE on a crossing pattern giving the safety ample time to knock amari's teeth out. There is nothing more exasperating than to frequently beat coverage to get WIDE open and NOT receive the ball only to look back and see your qb getting sacked because he can't anticipate your break and throw the ball at the RIGHT time.