Twitter: Bobby Belt: "I Feel Like Amari Cooper is Gone"

jnday

Reaction score
Oh, no, where will we find another $20 million receiver to disappear during games?
Where will they find a QB that will throw the ball to Cooper when he is wide open? Dak can not throw into tight spaces or throw a WR open. He can not find open WRs downfield ,so he dumps the ball off for three yard gains. It is not only Cooper that Dak can’t see when he is open. He can’t find any of his WRs downfield. Cooper’s contract needs to go. I agree with that, but it is a waste to pay any WR at this point if Dak will not throw to them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CD is soft, drops the ball, and in general does nothing.

But, he’s cheap so whatever.

He is not soft. This was his first full season playing with Dak who rarely ever puts the ball where it needs to be........ CD had the same drop/targets ratio as Gallup. He lead the cowboys in yards, yards after catch, and yards per catch. Not a bad year at all and he's just getting started.

Aven8

Reaction score
It's not that we don't use him. We can't use him if is qb holds onto the ball and gets sacked or under throws or throws behind the receiver LATE on a crossing pattern giving the safety ample time to knock amari's teeth out. There is nothing more exasperating than to frequently beat coverage to get WIDE open and NOT receive the ball only to look back and see your qb getting sacked because he can't anticipate your break and throw the ball at the RIGHT time.

I can’t argue with that. But the Oline sucks too……

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I dont disagree but there are people here arguing Dak needing MORE weapons around him as the way forward, I can't keep up.
His misuse, and indeed the passing game FAILURES need to be the biggest priority of this offseason.
It isn’t weapons its protection big difference

BIGS87

Reaction score
Take that money and put it towards Davante Adams ?? I wish lol…

fansince68

Reaction score
I can’t argue with that. But the Oline sucks too……
Don't forget his play caller. If your o line consistently allows pressure, why not "consistently " roll your qb out to buy time? Or, let your 40 million dollar qb RUNNNNNNNNNN for first downs frequently when he can't seem to find his accuracy? Good teams can easily gameplan for our O because we do the same crap every game. Why can't our OC see that Pollards running style is a better fit for this offense? They get criticized for not running the ball but feature Zeke knowing that Pollard is running better. Do they NOT watch film?? Ok...sorry man, just had to get that out....

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
If Amari and ceedee are open, but dak refuses to go through his reads and plays conservative all the time how is that they're fault? You can clearly see they were getting frustrated with him late in the year.

thats why I said bring in an offensive guy like Sean Peyton. He can help dak and help the offense. But we'll just stay with MM and more of the same.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Our passing attack and scheme was trash. Didnt matter if Irvin, Rice, Owens and Moss were out there.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that we are discussing potentially losing our #1 because our radio qb is unable to throw the ball accurately.