Twitter: Boomer Esiason on Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
A mobile QB is a great threat, he is correct. However we spent the number 4 overall pick on a rb. We need a guy to stand in the pocket and make accurate down the field throws.

I’m not so sure. There’s more than one way to deal with a stacked box. One is to make them pay through the air, as you suggest. Another is to add a blocker to deal with the extra defender in the box. Zeke becomes that extra blocker where you have designed run plays for Dak.

In any event, he can hit the downfield throw along the sidelines as he’s demonstrated many times. (It’s the deep middle he hasn’t shown he can exploit.)

Having said all that, I frankly don’t love the guy as my team’s QB. Not the guy we’ve seen most often since last year’s Atlanta game anyway. I did love the guy we saw before then.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem is that Dak is going out of his way to prove he can be a pocket passer. He said that his rookie year.

Because he's smart enough to know that's what wins in this league and why we are wasting time with a QB that will never be good enough in the pocket. He's not even a mediocre pocket passer.

People want to create some cheap gimmick offense around this guy as if it's sustainable instead of just, like, finding someone who can throw the ball.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Personally I don't care about stats. I don't care if a running back only runs the ball or can catch the ball. I don't care if a QB stands real in the pocket and throws 40 times, I also don't care if a QB can run all over a defense. All I care about is wins, period. Dak wins games, doesn't matter what his stats are he is a winner and has beaten very good teams and done it on the road. So many people are caught up in stats like it's fantasy football. Dak has never had a losing season in the NFL yet even though he had to play through time standing over his shoulders, coaches that can't develop QBs, bad playcalling, no legit weapons at receiver, losing vital pieces on the OL and RB. Dak as a rookie had a 11 game win streak, name another Cowboys QB to do that. This is football, not a beauty pageant. You guys that want to throw the ball 40 times a game can go root for the teams that do that or you can keep living in the past with Romo where that got us nothing. So glad we had a QB that could throw 300 yards in his sleep with no Superbowls or conference championship appearances.....

tm1119

Reaction score
By all means, run if it makes the offense watchable. But I don’t think it’s a playoff winning formula regardless. There’s way too match fire power in the nfc to contend. Our D is good, but nowhere near 2000 Ravens good.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Because he's smart enough to know that's what wins in this league and why we are wasting time with a QB that will never be good enough in the pocket. He's not even a mediocre pocket passer.

People want to create some cheap gimmick offense around this guy as if it's sustainable instead of just, like, finding someone who can throw the ball.
He is smart enough to know that standing in the pocket wins games? Seriously you going to stay with that.

Dak

13-2
9-7
3-3

Looks like he is winning games just fine

T-RO

Reaction score
why are coaches are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole is beyond me
Perhaps because teams that run their quarterback 10 times a game haven’t historically seen their QB last very long.

For Dak to succeed, however, it may be necessary.

Hardline

Reaction score
We need a prototype NFL pocket passer than can sit in the pocket disect defenses with pinpoint accuracy.
Dak is not that.
Running should be a QBs last resort when the play breaks down only.

Dwight

Reaction score
Good ole Boomer.

It’s a reason why he didn’t win the big one.

It’s good that Dak ran a lot but how long does that last? He is more than likely to get injured and/or get tired quickly. Plus teams are going to game plan and stop it. He is just an inaccurate passer that at times can drive the bus when the running game is solid.

Plus by using Dak toward his strengths he still didn’t get 300 yards passing but only achieved less than 200 yards. That bothers me.

The organization is only delaying the inevitable.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know why the coaches weren't using him like this to begin with. There were times in the last few games that Dak could have run but didn't.

The Panthers game he was sacked six times on top of multiple drive-killing penalties. And in the SEA game, Dak said they took it away. I was surprised they didn’t try to get it going in the HOU game, but we did get a lot of edge pressure in that game, from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.