Twitter: Boomer Esiason on Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
you got to get there before u can play in the playoffs right now they are a 3 and 3 team winning every other week until the can win consistently week in and week out and game in and game they are what they are

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t think a few runs a game is too much risk
His ability to run is another weapon, I think it gets him going as a passer and pumps up those around him
Dak is not Tom Brady passer but can be effective if he can stay ahead of the chains. A few runs helps keep us ahead of the chains
And I really think it helps his passing game mentally and forces defense to think about him running

jrumann59

Reaction score
His ability to run is another weapon, I think it gets him going as a passer and pumps up those around him
Dak is not Tom Brady passer but can be effective if he can stay ahead of the chains. A few runs helps keep us ahead of the chains
And I really think it helps his passing game mentally and forces defense to think about him running
The thing is it is impossible to dink and dunk down the field consistently there will always be penalties there will be negative plays. What happens is the team gets anxious after a stalled drive after penalty then the next drive they even harder ramping up anxiety even more. With a TOP team stalked drives are almost as bad as turnovers because the team does not have the HP to makeup for lost opportunities.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Dak is a good dude, but man, I hate that we might sign this guy to a long term deal this off-season and we're going to have to design an offense around a guy who has accuracy problems that we have to scheme around.

His accuracy just has to get better.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Because you can't have a QB running too much, it will eventually wear them down and leave them open for some big shots.
Hi. This is Chaz. Sorry about the six sacks because you stayed in the pocket.

I begged to be taken out of the game.........

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

:hammer:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I hate Boomer Esiason, but he is right in this case. Dak needs to run around to be effective.

If the coaches would only listen. Especially Garrett. We've been saying all along get Dak out of the pocket with play action and some bootlegs. In fact, the entire media pundits has been saying it. Why can't our coach in training go with the flow and let Dak be Dak and play him the way he's accustomized to playing?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
A mobile QB is a great threat, he is correct. However we spent the number 4 overall pick on a rb. We need a guy to stand in the pocket and make accurate down the field throws.

No we don't. And what does this have to do with spending the number 4 overall pick?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Don't know why the coaches weren't using him like this to begin with. There were times in the last few games that Dak could have run but didn't.

Personally, I think the coaches were trying to make him a pocket quarterback. But they've seen how inaccurate he is merely being a pocket quarterback. Garrett may feel his neck is on the chopping block despite what Jerry says, and he wants to win now. I also think that the coaches have basically decided that Prescott is not the long-term answer so they're going to let him be a Cam Newton and run him into the ground. Then they'll take their quarterback of the future within the next two drafts.

This is merely my opinion, and I have nothing to back it up. Just a gut feeling that I hope isn't from this taco I ate for dinner. ;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I hate Boomer Esiason, but he is right in this case. Dak needs to run around to be effective.
you don't win many superbowls that way. teams in the playoffs, tend to have good defenses and they will neutralize that...so yeah, people will point to Jags and how he ran against them, but don't forget he was contained in both Carolina and seattle games and was utterly ineffective. You can't pass from the pocket? then you have no chance to win the superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.