Twitter: Boomer Esiason on Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

There ya go....Boomer is another ex QB...that I care less about what he says. ...by the way Boom...Dak is accurate enough to be at 64%...for the time being anyway;)
Nothing compares to the vehement venom dispensed from a Joe Theisman's DALLAS directed diatribe of displeasure displayed,,,as it's damn ner' downright comical :lmao2:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think the issue with Dak being a "running QB" is that instead of making him learn to sit in the pocket and learn to read defenses and master his footwork , you are basically giving up and saying that he will never learn.

As time goes by , his athleticism will deteriorate and you will be left with an unathletic QB that can't sit in the pocket.
Think of Dez Bryant and how once his athleticism left him he was done because he never learned the position.

Older QBs all stick around because of their mastery of the position.

If Dak doesn't learn how to be a pocket QB now , when will he?

Gimmick QBs don't amount to much.

The greatest QB to ever play the game (Brady) is a lanky , slow , statue... let that sink in.
Why can't defenses stop him or figure him out after 20 years in the league?
You make some good points, but Brady started out as a bus driver qb.
He just played smart limited turnovers and mistakes, and the pats defense was very good at that time.
Plus he has the best HC in the league.
Brady worked hard to get better and know the game better and both he and bill just keep adapting, and adjusting.
If teams figure them out they adjust and adapt.

Every qb in the league is different and they are on different teams with different coaches, and players.
Dak happens to be on a weird team with a HC in training and meddlesome owner gm's and right now not a good supporting
cast on offense as far as being a passing qb.

Can Dak last a long time as a running qb? no maybe 4 more years if he is smart when he runs.
Dak is very stoutly built so if he runs safe he might last a good while.
I dont think as a runner he is a gimmick qb, I dont think there is such a thing.

getting better as a passer he needs to keep working on that himself and find someone who can teach him some things.

But for the present there is nothing wrong with him running .
Russell Wilson won a SB as pretty much the same type running qb.

cristglo

Reaction score
Because you can't have a QB running too much, it will eventually wear them down and leave them open for some big shots.
I totally understand that but what gets me is they know what they drafted Then they try to change him and he hasnt succeeded So we either let him be Dak or Draft a pocket passer. also we dont need Dak to run for 80 plus yards to win he just has to move around to keep the def guessing.

Sage3030

Reaction score
Dak is accurate in the sense that he’ll get the ball close enough to a receiver to catch, but he’s not really accurate in the precision sense. His ball placement is not that great.

It was my only issue with him his rookie season.

Here’s what I mean:

He had a couple long bombs to Beasley his rookie year that should have been touchdowns but weren’t. Why? Ball placement. He gets 100% for those two passes for completions.... but if he was more accurate, Beasley wouldn’t have had to turn completely around and catch them with his back to the goal line when he had his man beat by several steps.

How many balls do we see high or not in stride to a receiver? Or even low? Quite often. The receivers can still catch them, and his completion % goes up because they are near them, but they weren’t exactly accurate passes. He does have them from time to time, but not consistently, and when it comes to accuracy, consistency is important.

I think if he gets a handle on that, the sky’s the limit.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hate Boomer Esiason, but he is right in this case. Dak needs to run around to be effective.

I have met Boomer several times. You may know his son has CF and I had a friend that had the disease as well and took treatment with Boomer's son for years.. I can tell you he is probably one of the nicest professional (former or active) athletes in America. Extremely kind and generous. A really, really good man.

Just wanted to get that out there.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Because he's smart enough to know that's what wins in this league and why we are wasting time with a QB that will never be good enough in the pocket. He's not even a mediocre pocket passer.

People want to create some cheap gimmick offense around this guy as if it's sustainable instead of just, like, finding someone who can throw the ball.

I was told in 2016 that Dak was different from some others because he didn't need gimmicks. Are you suggesting there are people on these boards who don't know what they are talking about?

sideon

Reaction score
Tony didnt run and he got wore down beat up and injured all in the safe pocket lol so I dont buy your argument.
He got beat up and injured in a safe pocket? That would imply that the pocket wasn't as safe as you make it out to be. Was it safe in that playoff game against the Vikings where he had 3 defenders breathing down his neck whenever he snapped the ball? In the end Romo had to leave the game because he took too many hits, and this fantasy ya'll have of Dak just running around making plays is ridiculous. At some point teams will just tee off on him even if he gets rid of the ball.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He got beat up and injured in a safe pocket? That would imply that the pocket wasn't as safe as you make it out to be. Was it safe in that playoff game against the Vikings where he had 3 defenders breathing down his neck whenever he snapped the ball? In the end Romo had to leave the game because he took too many hits, and this fantasy ya'll have of Dak just running around making plays is ridiculous. At some point teams will just tee off on him even if he gets rid of the ball.
I guess I should have put Q marks around "safe", I was being sarcastic. meaning it wasnt safe.
A QB isnt safe running or in pocket , either way he has big lineman wanting to smash him to the ground, or muscled up speedy guys
wanting to hit him as hard as they can..
That game in Minn, was after JG made tony stop being a roll out qb, and made him be a pocket passer.
The JG offense then was also pass heavy,35 to 45 passes a game, and as soon as they got behind a little, went all pass.

To me though as long as Dak runs safe, which he does most of the time. it is ok .
I think on the designed runs, he needs to be safer than he is, and when he drops back to pass, if a lane opens up
take it, because it frustrates the defense.
It should also be done early in the game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don't know why the coaches weren't using him like this to begin with. There were times in the last few games that Dak could have run but didn't.

Rumor is that Stephen Jones didn't want Dak running around because of the injury risk so he basically nixed it from the offense.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I have met Boomer several times. You may know his son has CF and I had a friend that had the disease as well and took treatment with Boomer's son for years.. I can tell you he is probably one of the nicest professional (former or active) athletes in America. Extremely kind and generous. A really, really good man.

Just wanted to get that out there.
I'm sure he is a very nice man in his personal life. I should say that I do not like his media/public views for the most part. He talks too much and interrupts others constantly. Nothing personal about the man.

Gator88

Reaction score
Anyone with a brain knows RGIII suffered because of injuries and playing for the Commanders. I don't know why you guys always pull his name out in Dak conversation.
To point out that winning offensive ROY isn't indicative of future success? Last 11 winners outside of Dak were Kamara, Gurley, Beckham, Lacy, RG3, Newton, Bradford, Harvin, Ryan, Peterson, and Vince Young. About half of those players can be considered busts.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To point out that winning offensive ROY isn't indicative of future success? Last 11 winners outside of Dak were Kamara, Gurley, Beckham, Lacy, RG3, Newton, Bradford, Harvin, Ryan, Peterson, and Vince Young. About half of those players can be considered busts.

LOL past 11 winners lol....why go back that far? Why not list the past 6 winners? Cam, RGIII, Lacy, Kamara, Gurley and Beckham? What a terrible list lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.