Twitter: Boomer Esiason on Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator88

Reaction score
LOL past 11 winners lol....why go back that far? Why not list the past 6 winners? Cam, RGIII, Lacy, Kamara, Gurley and Beckham? What a terrible list lol.
Why choose the past 6, any number you pick will be arbitrary. Even in the list that you gave, which cuts off right before 2 more huge busts, they were 1 short of being 50% busts.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Personally, I think the coaches were trying to make him a pocket quarterback. But they've seen how inaccurate he is merely being a pocket quarterback. Garrett may feel his neck is on the chopping block despite what Jerry says, and he wants to win now. I also think that the coaches have basically decided that Prescott is not the long-term answer so they're going to let him be a Cam Newton and run him into the ground. Then they'll take their quarterback of the future within the next two drafts.

This is merely my opinion, and I have nothing to back it up. Just a gut feeling that I hope isn't from this taco I ate for dinner. ;)

I agree with you partially. Especially the part about being a pocket passer. This also puts a lot of pressure on our oline having to block for a long time with few receivers running routes.

I feel that Garrett thinks his system of wanting to adapt the 90s style offense is holding this team back. He thinks we don't need talent and that all we need to do is run the ball and control the clock.

I doubt any QB would fit this system. That's why Prescott is so ineffective as a pocket passer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why choose the past 6, any number you pick will be arbitrary. Even in the list that you gave, which cuts off right before 2 more huge busts, they were 1 short of being 50% busts.
You want to chose the past 20? Or the past 30?Either way there's going to be more good then bad so I have no idea what's the point of even doing that. The point is a dumb one especially since no one ever even made the argument that because you win ROY means you go on to have great success. That's a point you brought up for no reason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Personally, I think the coaches were trying to make him a pocket quarterback. But they've seen how inaccurate he is merely being a pocket quarterback. Garrett may feel his neck is on the chopping block despite what Jerry says, and he wants to win now. I also think that the coaches have basically decided that Prescott is not the long-term answer so they're going to let him be a Cam Newton and run him into the ground. Then they'll take their quarterback of the future within the next two drafts.

This is merely my opinion, and I have nothing to back it up. Just a gut feeling that I hope isn't from this taco I ate for dinner. ;)
I disagree. When you watch this team play you can tell the coaches are overly confident in Dak. Even when he struggles they still give him free reign to do what he wants. They are adding more RPO's but I don't think they are doing that for Dak I Think they are doing it to free up these wide receivers.

I think there's a few guys on this team that this organization respects more then the fanbase does. I think Jeff Heath is one of those guys, I think Dak is one of those guys, Rod Smith among others.

Gator88

Reaction score
You want to chose the past 20? Or the past 30?Either way there's going to be more good then bad so I have no idea what's the point of even doing that. The point is a dumb one especially since no one ever even made the argument that because you win ROY means you go on to have great success. That's a point you brought up for no reason.
Plenty of people point back to Dak's rookie season as the reason he will have success. The point I am making is that even a great rookie season really doesn't mean anything for how the rest of a career will go.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Plenty of people point back to Dak's rookie season as the reason he will have success. The point I am making is that even a great rookie season really doesn't mean anything for how the rest of a career will go.
I get your point I just don't get why you are making that point. To my knowledge no one agreed or disagreed with that point.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
A mobile QB is a great threat, he is correct. However we spent the number 4 overall pick on a rb. We need a guy to stand in the pocket and make accurate down the field throws.

You can still run the ball with Zeke and have a QB as a running threat with RPO. We don't need a pocket passer.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Anyone with a brain knows RGIII suffered because of injuries and playing for the Commanders. I don't know why you guys always pull his name out in Dak conversation.
yeah RG was good, he got hurt because he didnt run safely, he thought he was a RB lol and it is on shanahan for letting him
do that.
I would have benched him to let him know to run safe or he wont play.
after the injury, and time off he was never good again, just lost it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Anyone with a brain knows RGIII suffered because of injuries and playing for the Commanders. I don't know why you guys always pull his name out in Dak conversation.
Guess you're the only one with a brain. Spare me the Internet only smart guy routine. It fits that's why his name always comes out. They the same player but you Dak riders just don't want to accept it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Guess you're the only one with a brain. Spare me the Internet only smart guy routine. It fits that's why his name always comes out. They the same player but you Dak riders just don't want to accept it.
Would rather be a Dak rider at least he is our current QB. Way better than a Romosexual who dreams about super bowl titles and mvp awards that were never close to being won. And no matter how many times you do it on Madden it will never come to fruition.

Back to the Thread Boomer Esiason was ok for most of his career. But unlike Romo, Esiason won an MVP award.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It's a lazy comparison.
Sounds good that's what y'all all say. Your mans isn't that good frame it however you want to doesn't change the facts. If he was soo good you and others wouldn't have to keep clinging onto two years ago you'd bring up his consistent good play this year.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Would rather be a Dak rider at least he is our current QB. Way better than a Romosexual who dreams about super bowl titles and mvp awards that were never close to being won. And no matter how many times you do it on Madden it will never come to fruition.

Back to the Thread Boomer Esiason was ok for most of his career. But unlike Romo, Esiason won an MVP award.
I don't care how you choose to be a groupie you're still a groupie. Show me the post where I mentioned Romo in regards to Dak in here hell on this website. I'll wait. Since that isn't my twist comparing Dak to Romo you lazy behind Dak riders going to have to try again with something that is applicable when you posting towards me. Save that lazy junk for some other poster you can pull that worn out card on. Dak is eh all on his own no comparison needed.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Perhaps because teams that run their quarterback 10 times a game haven’t historically seen their QB last very long.

For Dak to succeed, however, it may be necessary.
It worked for Vick and Kap. Cam also. Kap would be a super bowl champion if Harbaugh would’ve ran goal to go instead ** calling pass plays.

keysersoze

Reaction score

:clap::clap::clap:
:yourock::yourock::yourock:
:hammer:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sounds good that's what y'all all say. Your mans isn't that good frame it however you want to doesn't change the facts. If he was soo good you and others wouldn't have to keep clinging onto two years ago you'd bring up his consistent good play this year.
I never said he was good or if he wasn't. I'm telling you comparing him to RGIII is a lazy comparison. Only thing they have in common is that they are both black. That's it. That's like comparing Adam Thielen to Julian Edelman because they are white. Its moronic.

IF you want to say Dak sucks ok. That's fine. I'm just saying you can say it in a more smarter way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't care how you choose to be a groupie you're still a groupie. Show me the post where I mentioned Romo in regards to Dak in here hell on this website. I'll wait. Since that isn't my twist comparing Dak to Romo you lazy behind Dak riders going to have to try again with something that is applicable when you posting towards me. Save that lazy junk for some other poster you can pull that worn out card on. Dak is eh all on his own no comparison needed.
IS calling people "Dak riders" code for something else? You keep clinging on to it as if you are using it in a different context?What are you trying to say, Phil?

Status
Not open for further replies.