Boys V Skins, Stoke That Fire

ghst187

Reaction score
The Commanders have been to the playoffs 6 times in the past 27 years

Won the division 3 times in the past 27 years

Have not won a playoff game since 2005

I don’t consider them a rival I consider them irrelevant

It’s their fans that treat every win like a Super Bowl I find annoying

I agree! It’s not much of a rivalry when we just beat the crap out of them nearly every time.
Also, their fans honestly are not that annoying esp compared to philly. Philly is vile.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, I've read here and on the old forum that the Eagles replaced the Skins as our most despised rival and I just can't abide that. Goes against everything I know that built the greatest rivalry in NFL history. Bigger than the Bears v Packers or Chiefs v Raiders when blood flowed.

So, I thought a thread with some historical information, personal as well, might blow a hot wind on that ember and get y'all crazy as I plan on being at kickoff. I live for East games but none more than Cowboys v Commanders.

Just to kick us off how about these names to set your teeth on edge. George "Slippery Palms" Allen, Joe "Jerkwad" Theismann, John "Camokaze" Riggins, Diron "Dukes" Talbert, Dexter "My Lips Ain't Movin" Manley, Jack "Is In The Box" Kent Cooke and Darrell "Wish He'd Played For Us" Green.

I know you younger posters are all about the Eagles but think of poor old Tom Landry. His former team, the Giants, were his nemesis until George Allen came along and would lick his hands, rub them together and grin across the field at Landry. That cool stoic face of stone would steel and you could see the fire in Tom's eyes and read his thoughts 'I'll apologize to Jesus later but that man is a SOB'. No coach in the game could get into Landry's head like George Allen and they both knew it.

So let's share some stories about this storied rivalry, nay feud, and they can be personal ones as well.
Coach like you, the skins will always be the OG rivalry. Every time I saw the hated face of George Allen, I felt like I could suit up and whup some skins my self.

Most of the young uns on here never knew the intensity of that rivalry. Remember the old RFK stadium seats that moved up and down like an earthquake when the fans stomped? That was a tough place to play. The modern skins under Dan Snyder are nothing like the old skins. Their owner back in the rivalry days was Jack Kent Cooke, who unlike Snyder, hired great coaches and got out of the way. (Uh oh, that sounds a little too familiar)

Anyway, I don’t think I will ever see a rivalry as intense as it used be with the skins.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Not to mention how we have dominated them over the years :

71-43-2 cowboys lead all time head to head
5-1 last six games
7-3 last ten games
32-29 cowboys lead in DC
39-16-2 Cowboys lead in Texas
Longest winning streak 10 games Dallas

Pure domination!

StylisticS

Reaction score
Not to mention how we have dominated them over the years :

71-43-2 cowboys lead all time head to head
5-1 last six games
7-3 last ten games
32-29 cowboys lead in DC
39-16-2 Cowboys lead in Texas
Longest winning streak 10 games Dallas

Pure domination!
But they will hold that playoff record over us with the quickness.

CWR

Reaction score

Lol, exactly. They suck too much for me to bother wasting energy hating them.

Although I cant stand Josh Norman. So theres that...

dcstar

Reaction score
Had to admire John Riggins though...tough dude and quite the "individual".

Always enjoyed watching him play...gotta appreciate him as a player.

Go Cowboys!

Last edited:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Cowboys vs Indians (Commanders)
That is the real rivalry..

Worst fans goes to Philly though....

Eanwen

Reaction score
TBH I just don't have the passion for sports like I used to when I was younger. I'm still a Cowboys fan, but not much of an NFL fan. Even back then though I never hated any other team but the Commanders. I had respect for the other teams (well, Eagles and the Giants lol) but I never hated them. The bounty thing upset me but I still only considered the Commanders our true rival.