Bozo the Clown or Officer Friendly

Pokes12

Reaction score
It does not matter to me. The only important thing is to rid the organization of one Red Clapping machine.

i will not miss:

clapping at the wrong time
Using the head set as a precursor to spitting but never to actively coach
the process
The right kinda guy, you know like Greg Hardy and David Irving
Crap time management of games
Seemingly not involved in any decision
Arrogance. Defined as never adapting and trying the same things over and over with the same bad results.
Terrible cliched press conferences
His red hair
His patting players *****.
Pretending he is still a QB
Hearing about how smart he was cause he went to Princeton. I know a lot of dumb people who went there. Apparently he is one of them.
watching him attend sporting events instead of preparing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It does not matter to me. The only important thing is to rid the organization of one Red Clapping machine.

i will not miss:

the process
Arrogance. Defined as never adapting and trying the same things over and over with the same bad results.
His red hair
Hearing about how smart he was cause he went to Princeton. I know a lot of dumb people who went there. Apparently he is one of them.
in all fairness, Hardy was a Jerry signing. its not his first time neither. remember TO...he shoved TO down't parcel's throat. remember Roy Williams Trade, despite the coaching staff saying no....that's jerry playing Madden football trying to act like a GM

CWR

Reaction score

i will not miss:

the process
His red hair

JG isn't stupid, and he has conviction with what he is doing. The problem you pointed out that has struck me for some time is his arrogance to adapt. He's so convinced we can out execute we dont make neccessary adjustments until the following week when our opponents see it coming from a mile away.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score

i will not miss:

the process
His red hair
:clap:

Creeper

Reaction score
I suggest tempering expectations for the new head coach. Jerry will hire a replacement for Garrett and the first thing to look for is if that coach has the authority to fire and hire his assistants. If the rest of the coaching staff stay and Jerry installs a new puppet head coach, then nothing will change. Maybe you won't have to endure clapping on the sidelines but the atmosphere of the team will not change. It will be a good sign if the next coach starts announcing new hires at offensive and defensive coordinator positions.

We should expect that the next head coach will do a better job managing the clock and asking for replays but unless Jerry gives him control of the players, we will see the same mistakes, the same lack of urgency and the same softness we see today because I do believe that comes from Jerry and the Jones family.

We have said it so many times its not worth saying again, but I will anyway. The Cowboys need Jerry to step back from the team management and operations and let his own newly hired GM and coaches run the team. Let the GM hire the head coach and then let the head coach hire his assistants. But we know this is not going to happen.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Ha, I will never forget that Cardinals game. Wanted him gone then already.

And that is a perfect summation of his entire tenure. Reactionary and playing scared.

Would also add.. playing for long field goals.

The bad part of that was settling for a 50 yard fg because he let the clock run down with 2 timeouts left.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Icing your own kicker
Reactionary changes

Icing your own kicker is by far the dumbest narrative I've seen.

His ST coach is literally screaming for a time out since they have the wrong personnel.

Also, statistically, callung a time out has no effect on kicker performance.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he gives great high 5's!

tenor.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
in all fairness, Hardy was a Jerry signing. its not his first time neither. remember TO...he shoved TO down't parcel's throat. remember Roy Williams Trade, despite the coaching staff saying no....that's jerry playing Madden football trying to act like a GM

Garrett didn’t say no on Roy Williams. That was supposed to bail out his offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
I suggest tempering expectations for the new head coach. Jerry will hire a replacement for Garrett and the first thing to look for is if that coach has the authority to fire and hire his assistants. If the rest of the coaching staff stay and Jerry installs a new puppet head coach, then nothing will change. Maybe you won't have to endure clapping on the sidelines but the atmosphere of the team will not change. It will be a good sign if the next coach starts announcing new hires at offensive and defensive coordinator positions.

We should expect that the next head coach will do a better job managing the clock and asking for replays but unless Jerry gives him control of the players, we will see the same mistakes, the same lack of urgency and the same softness we see today because I do believe that comes from Jerry and the Jones family.

We have said it so many times its not worth saying again, but I will anyway. The Cowboys need Jerry to step back from the team management and operations and let his own newly hired GM and coaches run the team. Let the GM hire the head coach and then let the head coach hire his assistants. But we know this is not going to happen.

it probably depends, because position coaches have contracts. Even legit coaches have to retain certain staff until contracts play out.