News: BR: 5 Burning Questions the Dallas Cowboys Still Must Answer

NewsBot

Reaction score
At the one-quarter mark of the 2013 NFL regular season, the Dallas Cowboys find themselves in essentially the same place they always have been under head coach Jason Garrett. The team has a record of .500 and is still searching for answers to numerous questions.

Now, these questions aren't simply a knee-jerk reaction to a Week 4 loss to the San Diego Chargers. The loss itself simply magnifies those questions.

Believe it or not, there is still a lot to like about the future of the Cowboys. The team is getting younger at some key places, and this fact will pay dividends down the road.

For right now, there is still an atmosphere of frustration that exists for reasons that are quite obvious. Perhaps most frustrating is the fact that the following questions were there before this season started—and a couple have been around for years.

These are the biggest and most urgent questions on an unofficial list that stands between the Cowboys and another playoff victory. I focus strictly on the roster here, as there's no point in continuing to complain about coaches and executives who clearly are in place for the long haul. I do not include the future status of defensive end Anthony Spencer because I believe that he is done in Dallas.

All stats courtesy of NFL.com

All contract data courtesy of Spotrac

Follow @CowboysGuru

Begin Slideshow

Continue reading...