News: BR: Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Gives Injury Updates on DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith

cern

Reaction score
conner williams isn't playing as badly as many seem to think. not last year, and not so far this year. he's going to make a lot of people change their minds by midseason.

Creeper

Reaction score
So Tyron is going to miss 3 or 4 games after being a game time decision last week? I thought so. Now Lawrence will miss 4 games probably too, even though there is nothing physically wrong with him according to Jerry.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Not sure how you exclude Martin and Collins in that mix.

Those two are much more of a given.

Williams at LT is a more interesting situation which I agree with trying, but the staff apparently doesnt agree, plus he simply doesn't look like a LT.
Williams plays and is built like a backup-rotational player. I hope McGovern is healthy and able to man the LG spot later this season.

quickccc

Reaction score
Not sure how you exclude Martin and Collins in that mix.

Those two are much more of a given.

Williams at LT is a more interesting situation which I agree with trying, but the staff apparently doesnt agree, plus he simply doesn't look like a LT.

i would hope Collins, Badazzz, Williams and McGovern are our young foundation for the future of this OL.

i very well mentioned Collins,..you apparently just were flat our Not paying attention..

Yet Again , " i hope Collins, Badazzz and McGovern are our "young" foundation for the future of this OL. " ............

- Martin and Tyrone will be in their 30's before the year is over, and Tyrone's health status seems to be clearly indicating he is not the durable figure at this time, and we just have to be prepared that he doesn't do a sudden retirement ala Travis Fredricks ,..and be prepared up for such emergency.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thing is offense is in no position to try and control the clock. They gotta get their scores however which way they can. Defense just gotta nut up this game.......I'm not saying shut them down but get off the field on 3rd down and get a turnover or two.
I tend to agree. Dak is better when playing with an aggressive mindset. When holding back and playing ultra conservative the offense tends to bog down. That doesn't mean they have to be stupid or reckless with what they do, but if they want it to work they have to have some faith in their offense to make plays rather then send the message that the offense isn't capable. Besides, the O-Line isn't what it once was, and it isn't realistic to think the run game can excel without an aggressive passing attack to complement it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i very well mentioned Collins,..you apparently just were flat our Not paying attention..

Yet Again , " i hope Collins, Badazzz and McGovern are our "young" foundation for the future of this OL. " ............

- Martin and Tyrone will be in their 30's before the year is over, and Tyrone's health status seems to be clearly indicating he is not the durable figure at this time, and we just have to be prepared that he doesn't do a sudden retirement ala Travis Fredricks ,..and be prepared up for such emergency.
Its extremely possible I missed it sir. Things happen...ya know blown coverages, crappy schemes, missed sentences.

My bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I tend to agree. Dak is better when playing with an aggressive mindset. When holding back and playing ultra conservative the offense tends to bog down. That doesn't mean they have to be stupid or reckless with what they do, but if they want it to work they have to have some faith in their offense to make plays rather then send the message that the offense isn't capable. Besides, the O-Line isn't what it once was, and it isn't realistic to think the run game can excel without an aggressive passing attack to complement it.
I agree. If they need to run a quicker tempo so be it. It will probably hurt the defense but at this point its more important to score touchdowns than it is to control the clock. What this team can't do is run Zeke into punts. Its a waste of time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Williams plays and is built like a backup-rotational player. I hope McGovern is healthy and able to man the LG spot later this season.
I really agree there.

I also think someone will give him a second contract well above and beyond what Dallas will or should.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the navy, i was seriously underpaid. Now i overpay myself. 365 days of paid vacation is nice.
Yeah, but you suck at your job.

Actually, I'm guessing you are very qualified to do nothing. Probably very proficient as well.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Gives Injury Updates on DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith

hi-res-0863d33b720fd1da9ba4ef23e00a0cae_crop_exact.jpg

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday left tackle Tyron Smith was held out of Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons with a neck injury as part of "preparations for the future...

Read Full Story
at least we know Tsmith can play this week..unless they hold him out on we more week and get LC and TS back at the same time

plymkr

Reaction score
Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Gives Injury Updates on DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith

hi-res-0863d33b720fd1da9ba4ef23e00a0cae_crop_exact.jpg

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday left tackle Tyron Smith was held out of Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons with a neck injury as part of "preparations for the future...

Read Full Story
What I got from that article is Stephen Jones has a fat neck. He might want to consult the team dietician.

cern

Reaction score
Yeah, but you suck at your job.

Actually, I'm guessing you are very qualified to do nothing. Probably very proficient as well.
Is doing nothing your idea of a vacation? Sure as hell isn't mine.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2 players currently overpaid

Smith is around 10 mil each year, this year and next, though we restructured this year to clear cap space. That's a good deal for a top 5 LT.

DLaw was a bad deal from day one. Paid like an elite player, while at best was ever just very good.