News: BR: Cowboys Rumors: Dalton Schultz 'More Likely' to Get Franchise Tag over Randy Gregory

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am a poster first and that is my opinion as I am neither a hater nor a homer about any player.

I think the majority of posters here fall into neither category as well, they're fans of the team not defenders of players. Just as with Romo, I see warts I call them out and I see them with the QB, the WR's, the LG and C and while I like Schultz, but if they want to be a run team, they need a better blocking TE for 10M.

And as a mod, I have yet to find the potion for posters from going at each other but I do not try to instigate it, just referee it as best I can.

But thanks coach, for thinking I am a great mod, not sure many share your opinion.
Your a great Mod CC,, now please dont delete my post.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So Schultz will get paid like Kelce and Kittle?
no they take the average of the top 5 or so players not the top 2 etc but i dont know their salary but 10-12mil might be bit high for Schutz IF hes still not improving and he might by. Been getting better each year so possibly the DC FO see him as a keeper..

im not sure i agree..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. Get rid of everyone. Let’s go 0-17 and have no chance. Let’s only pay guys who have shown they can carry teams to the Super Bowl. Save the money for Brady, Gronk and bring Charles Haley and emmit out of retirement. Yeah that’s how it works.
Well look on the bright side as at 0-17 we will be able to select a FRANCHISE QB.......aka....Burrows,Hebert,Allen,etc.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Shultz was second on the team in targets and he realized those targets into top ten production for his position. Dak trusts and relies on him. It’s pretty simple that you retain him.

Not to mention Randy was laughable bad in the Cowboys most important game last season. It comes down to trust. You can rely on Shultz more than Gregory; trust that he will be on your game day roster consistently and trust on consistent production.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe Gregory signs a relatively team friendly deal considering how dumb and dumber stood by him thru all his troubles.He should reciprocate their belief in him.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Orlovsky can be a clown but the numbers he brings up are legit. Dak and Schultz have the highest QB/WR QBR In the league…above Brady/Evans, Burrow/Higgins etc. I wouldn’t use the tag but I’d try and keep Schultz at a reasonable price.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Orlovsky can be a clown but the numbers he brings up are legit. Dak and Schultz have the highest QB/WR QBR In the league…above Brady/Evans, Burrow/Higgins etc. I wouldn’t use the tag but I’d try and keep Schultz at a reasonable price.

Double Lamb and take away the TE post short and medium(Dak has no long game) and watch our passing game disappear.......:(

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Gregory signs a relatively team friendly deal considering how dumb and dumber stood by him thru all his troubles.He should reciprocate their belief in him.

When did Gregory become an elite force?
Was I in a coma the last few years???
Tag him Jerry as overpaying is what you do best!!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Shultz was second on the team in targets and he realized those targets into top ten production for his position. Dak trusts and relies on him. It’s pretty simple that you retain him.

Not to mention Randy was laughable bad in the Cowboys most important game last season. It comes down to trust. You can rely on Shultz more than Gregory; trust that he will be on your game day roster consistently and trust on consistent production.

Well at least that's systematic thinking, Dak doesnt trust Coop (so cut him), Dak can find the open Schultz underneath so we overpay him.

I thought it was Dak that wanted to be consulted, it appears we've given decision making to everyone else's Defensive Co-ordinator.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Big mistake. DE who can get to the Qb don’t grow on trees and are harder to find than a TE who can’t block.
6 sacks, good for 59th in the league and a total of 19 tackles...yes, you are right DE that can get on QBs don't grow on trees. unfortunately Gregory is not that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is more about Duk Pratfall failing with another security blanket gone than it is believing that Schultz is actually a real TE....which he is NOT.
hi my name is mannix, I am this many years old (count 6 fingers). I make fun of people's names....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OMG, I just had to sit down. do a double take. you and I agree on something. wait let me look outside......hmmm, nope sky is still blue....I have to go rest for a few moments

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yo
No way you pay him 20 million on the tag.See what he gets offered on open market and take it from there.He’s a quality DE.if healthy can do damage.

quickccc

Reaction score
Tagging Schultz suggests to me that this is a " Panic " Cowboys organization.

- Dalton is a system TE, he's limited as a receiver and blocking TE.
He does his work off sitting in zones, and roll out bootlegs - he doesn't have the separation skills to out beat coverge LBs and safeties.
That doesn't spell franchising a TE like that.

- This kind of move reminds me of Anthony Spencer, ...Taco Charlton,.. and Sammy Watkins or WR by committee moves.

- It tells me that they don't feel confident that they think they could immediately replace Schultz per FA, trade or NFL draft adn they are now
heavily depended upon the limited TE.

Sad times ....:oops:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yo

No way you pay him 20 million on the tag.See what he gets offered on open market and take it from there.He’s a quality DE.if healthy can do damage.
Jerry will find a way to tag him.......:muttley:
Still not sold on him being an above-average player....simply haven't seen it on the field esp against good offlines.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Jerry will find a way to tag him.......:muttley:
Still not sold on him being an above-average player....simply haven't seen it on the field esp against good offlines.
Maybe it’ll all depend on what happens w/ Dlaw.Wouldn’t want to lose both.