News: BR: Ezekiel Elliott, NFLPA Reportedly Have No Interest in Suspension Reduction Talks

morasp

Reaction score
Wow the the LEAGUE is so full of themselves... They need a reality check in the worst way. There is no data that would suggest Zeke can make any of that money up in the Domestic Violence climate we are currently in. Companies will steer clear of Zeke because they do not want to be seen as supporting a woman abuser... The NFL is a joke

That's for sure, Cam Newton lost sponsorships for making some playful comments to a soft spoken female reporter.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Good don't take any reduction. no games and clear his name. this isn't just about football. this kids name is tarnished and labeled an abuser. get your name cleared kid

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don’t disagree but maybe Zeke would differ if he could get this behind him and the team.
He'll never be able to get this behind him if he's labeled for DV. If he fights it and loses it's one thing. He can always say he did all he could and the CBA was the reason he lost. Can't say that if you settle.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
They couldn't reduce it and still label it DV if they wanted to, first offense DV is six game per policy now. I'm sure the settlement talk has to begin with dropping the DV label to have any appeal to Elliott whatsoever.

That was the established punishment when the Giant's kicker ADMITTED to repeatedly abusing his wife and the NFL gave him ONE game. They only increased it to six after he was out of the league and after they suspended Zeke.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
That was the established punishment when the Giant's kicker ADMITTED to repeatedly abusing his wife and the NFL gave him ONE game. They only increased it to six after he was out of the league and after they suspended Zeke.
I don't see how double jeopardy doesn't apply there. Even though I could less how it effects him, he already served his suspension, how can you increase it after the fact?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
There isn't a shred of doubt that the NFL would be fine with reducing games as long as they can continue to call this a DV incident. That's a win for them.

Elliott and his party aren't going to take anything in a settlement that doesn't, at the very least, exonerate him of the allegations of DV lobbed at him by the NFL.

There's the impasse.

Nor should he if he is innocent of DV, which is at the very least a strong possibility.

John813

Reaction score
They can literally say, hey Brady, we changed our mind, deflate gate should get you a six game ban. You owe us two

There's nothing in there about double jeopardy?

I know the Ray Rice suspension was increased, but the cop out was the video evidence that they supposedly never saw before the 2 game ban.

Sage3030

Reaction score
There's nothing in there about double jeopardy?

I know the Ray Rice suspension was increased, but the cop out was the video evidence that they supposedly never saw before the 2 game ban.

They(NFL) tried to hit Rice twice for the same thing and lost in court. So the court set the precedence of no double jeopardy. If Brown sued he’d likely win.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wouldn't settle with the NFL, not after reading stuff like this:

Money isn't everything.

He can't recoup sponsorship dollars as long as the stigma he is a woman beater exists. He needs to get this suspension voided or get the NFL to remove the "woman beater" label for that to happen.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That's for sure, Cam Newton lost sponsorships for making some playful comments to a soft spoken female reporter.

A female reporter who made racial comments on twitter in the past... Let that sink in for a minute...

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
As it should...

Any admission by Zeke purs him in the DV program..... Which is a lifer on 2nd offense

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It looks like the owners are now seeing what 40M per year WON'T buy. Goodell got a little too power happy and his world is beginning to crumble around..........his boi toy can't help him now.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
A female reporter who made racial comments on twitter in the past... Let that sink in for a minute...
Did she? I'd like to see those. In this climate, any statement with the slightest bit of racial undertones will get you fired and ostracized. Not sure her comments were taken as race related by many.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

sacase

Reaction score
I wouldn't settle with the NFL, not after reading stuff like this:

Money isn't everything.

So now the NFL has admitted that they have harmed his reputation.

Additionally if he gets suspended he loses his guarantee. So he still faces harm.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It looks like the owners are now seeing what 40M per year WON'T buy. Goodell got a little too power happy and his world is beginning to crumble around..........his boi toy can't help him now.
It was like he had a verbal tic yesterday......... he just kept repeating "issues and communities" without saying anything of substance