News: BR: Ezekiel Elliott, NFLPA Reportedly Have No Interest in Suspension Reduction Talks

Sandyf

Reaction score
Reduction to 1 game with pay for the issue involving pulling down a female bra..........yes that mean EVERYTHING about the DV issues is forgotten and never mention again
Can't happen, NFL already stated there would be no punishment for the parade issue and bar issue, those are now moot points and can't be bought back up.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You would be correct on that, but I would say that is a load of BS. Making a "racial" joke seems to be acceptable, but what Cam said was not? Just seems rather odd. IMO
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cam-newton-jordan-rodrigque_us_59d6a9eae4b046f5ad972014

Actually what Cam said was not hurtful or meant to degrade. The problem is he singled her comments out coz she was female speaking about a male-dominated sport. I'm not sure he even said, he didn't she knew what she was talking about. He simply said it was odd hearing a female talk about routes. Not to put words in his mouth but wouldn't surprise me at all if privately he was actually impressed.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Actually what Cam said was not hurtful or meant to degrade. The problem is he singled her comments out coz she was female speaking about a male-dominated sport. I'm not sure he even said, he didn't she knew what she was talking about. He simply said it was odd hearing a female talk about routes. Not to put words in his mouth but wouldn't surprise me at all if privately he was actually impressed.

I read what Cam said and didn't even think about it... I was like wow he was impressed... I don't think he any ill intent at all, but my point is even if he was joking he has become a villain while this lady and her racist "jokes" are ok, because well they're "jokes".

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

He used the word "funny" twice.

I can't think of a time I've been impressed and used the word funny instead.

He wasn't trying to do her any favors.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I read what Cam said and didn't even think about it... I was like wow he was impressed... I don't think he any ill intent at all, but my point is even if he was joking he has become a villain while this lady and her racist "jokes" are ok, because well they're "jokes".

Actually not sure if you mean your wording as posted but to be honest Cam was/is a pretty strong villain is eyes of many fans lone BEFORE the lady you're referencing made her comments. Whether its the on-field personal or Mr. GQ, he's rubbed a ton to fans and media people the wrong way.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Actually not sure if you mean your wording as posted but to be honest Cam was/is a pretty strong villain is eyes of many fans lone BEFORE the lady you're referencing made her comments. Whether its the on-field personal or Mr. GQ, he's rubbed a ton to fans and media people the wrong way.

I am referring to just this incident

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He used the word "funny" twice.

I can't think of a time I've been impressed and used the word funny instead.

He wasn't trying to do her any favors.

Fair enough, but do you think the comments were hurtful and/or malicious?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can't happen, NFL already stated there would be no punishment for the parade issue and bar issue, those are now moot points and can't be bought back up.

Are we sure the NFL has officially set this aside or we talking about various reports?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Fair enough, but do you think the comments were hurtful and/or malicious?

I think the comments were a bit dismissive.

She was trying to do her job and he basically said, "Aww, isn't that cute". She has to stand up for herself in that situation and she did, I just don't think I agree with blasting it all over social media after the fact.

There are journalists in war zones that deal with that and worse without having to resort to reporting it via social media.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I've been thinking Zeke had < 10% of getting out of this without a 6 game suspension but the recent judge statement has me believing Zeke's chances are closer to 40%.

If I were Zeke, no way would I accept a deal that didn't include an apology from the league and removal of the person whom called Zeke a 'woman beater'.

I think the odds are now in Ezekiel's favor to beat this thing outright.

Three of three judges agree that there are major issues with fundamental fairness- and objectively- how could they not?

- the league's lead investigator's opinion was silenced
- the league's DV chieftain was the one who silenced this opinion
- Goodell has claimed he was not privy to the opinions of the "unbiased panel" before ruling

This was 100% about PR and using a Dallas Cowboys superstar as an example, to the delight of a NY Giants season ticket holder and ownerships across the NFL who still carry an anti- Jerry Jones bias, despite his business acumen proven a winning strategy for the NFL. And making them all uniformly fabulously wealthy in the process.

Zeke will collect more NFL $ from a future settlement than he ever will carrying the ball in the NFL.

mmohican29

Reaction score

I agree. I don't think Cam considered his words but they did come off as demeaning a bit. I think he meant it complimentary but you just can't go there in this PC world we live in today.

erod

Reaction score
According to Adam Schefter, this is a fabricated story, and the NFL has no interest in settling.

TheHerd

Reaction score
It was in their decision that they sent out. Word for word bud.
I thought their decision just said the current suspension is only abut the dv incident and not the other stuff.

I don't think the league actually said those incidents are off the table

DiResta

Reaction score
On Thursday, Clarence Hill Jr. of the Star-Telegram cited sources close to the Ohio State product and the NFLPA, noting they have "no interest or knowledge of settlement talks" and are instead "fighting to clear his name, not just cut games."

Hill's report comes after David Moore of the Dallas Morning News cited sources who said Elliott's side and the NFL "have discussed the possibility of a settlement." Moore noted "there has been dialogue behind the scenes, one source asserts, after each court ruling along the way."

so as expected by many i seen
Moore made up the thing to get clicks
people jumped all over it believing and still debating

Moore made it up people

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It was like he had a verbal tic yesterday......... he just kept repeating "issues and communities" without saying anything of substance
He's like Jerry......he can speak a hundred words and not say anything.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I thought their decision just said the current suspension is only abut the dv incident and not the other stuff.

I don't think the league actually said those incidents are off the table
Why don't you just educate yourself, instead of assuming and read the decision levied, in full by the NFL.
They include the incident you talk about and exonerate him from said actions.
It's all there by the NFL.

Knowledge is power homie.