News: BR: Ezekiel Elliott, NFLPA Reportedly Have No Interest in Suspension Reduction Talks

TheHerd

Reaction score
Why don't you just educate yourself, instead of assuming and read the decision levied, in full by the NFL.
They include the incident you talk about and exonerate him from said actions.
It's all there by the NFL.

Knowledge is power homie.

Easy killer, I stand corrected. That's why I said "I thought". Thanks for the info.

Unlike the rest of the board, I'm actually wrong from time to time.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There isn't a shred of doubt that the NFL would be fine with reducing games as long as they can continue to call this a DV incident. That's a win for them.

Elliott and his party aren't going to take anything in a settlement that doesn't, at the very least, exonerate him of the allegations of DV lobbed at him by the NFL.

There's the impasse.

Exactly....

Taking a settlement basically makes him a wife beater. That's a no win scenerio. And the NFL would love to be able to tag him w/ that lable.

Because if he ever got into trouble again...he would have that rapsheet already around his neck.

He needs to fight this...however long it takes. it's the NFL that looks like bumbling fools looking for a scapegoat after the Ray Rice debacle.:rolleyes:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott reportedly does not plan on accepting a shortened penalty as a settlement as he and the NFL Players' Association fight his six-game suspension in courts.

On Thursday, Clarence Hill Jr. of the Star-Telegram cited sources close to the Ohio State product and the NFLPA, noting they have "no interest or knowledge of settlement talks" and are instead "fighting to clear his name, not just cut games."

Hill's report comes after David Moore of the Dallas Morning News cited sources who said Elliott's side and the NFL "have discussed the possibility of a settlement." Moore noted "there has been dialogue behind the scenes, one source asserts, after each court ruling along the way."

Moore explained there could be motivation from both sides to reach a settlement considering the restraining order Judge Paul Crotty issued Elliott is only temporary with a future court date with Judge Katherine Failla looming.

Failla will weigh in on the preliminary injunction, which will determine if Elliott's six-game suspension will happen during the 2017 campaign or get pushed further back (if he serves it at all).

Will Brinson of CBS Sports reported Elliott "should play" in Dallas' game against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday and Washington on Oct. 29 after the temporary restraining order ruling. However, Brinson pointed out the next hearing will be Oct. 30.

The legal back-and-forth comes after a lengthy investigation into domestic violence allegations from 2016. The Cowboys running back was suspended six games but has played in each of his team's first five contests this year as he fights the initial ruling.

Dallas is 2-3, and Elliott has 393 rushing yards and three total touchdowns after leading the league in rushing (1,631 yards) last year.

Read more Dallas Cowboys news on BleacherReport.com

Continue reading...
Ah, playing hard ball!
These NFL lawyers do seem easy to beat.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Exactly....

Taking a settlement basically makes him a wife beater. That's a no win scenerio. And the NFL would love to be able to tag him w/ that lable.

Because if he ever got into trouble again...he would have that rapsheet already around his neck.

He needs to fight this...however long it takes. it's the NFL that looks like bumbling fools looking for a scapegoat after the Ray Rice debacle.:rolleyes:
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Pummel that suspension!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Reduction to 1 game with pay for the issue involving pulling down a female bra..........yes that mean EVERYTHING about the DV issues is forgotten and never mention again
Lad from the corn fields. Isn't female bra redundant?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Supposedly this is more Roger and Jerry talking than anything else.

That would be more likely but still a far fetched scenario.
yeah..

but you know..

it goes without saying that if this whole thing blows up and Zeker has to serve..

I'm not sure how Jerrah will react going forward.

He may pull back from being so involved with the league and watch what happens.

or he might get really aggressive and try to undermine the commish..

or anything in b/w..

but no longer support the situations and get very very proactive.

things like votes to move franchises could become sticky if Jones decides to vote against the commish on things.

This sort of passive aggressive could last a long..long time.

And Stephen would continue to do what Jerrah wants when Jerrah is gone.

I'm super heating my popcorn..

nice and buttery like I like it.

Next crisis.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I wouldn't settle with the NFL, not after reading stuff like this:

Money isn't everything.

"thereby opening the door to emergency judicial relief in every case"

Or just those cases that warrant emergency judicial relief. Punish players appropriately and "every case" becomes "no case".