News: BR: Jerry Jones on NFL Trade Deadline: Cowboys Are 'Open for Business Year Round'

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to trading a player like Gallup if it netted us a defensive starter. I'm not interested in trading him for picks because it hurts our depth while not helping us this year, but if we can improve the team this year, I'm for it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
If he feels we are piece away from a run maybe this years it defender, once again ala the 90s Deion and Haley ..he could be experiencing nostalgia and we have few pieces we could move IF the deal is 100% in our favor..has to be perfect but why not..

We do have to open up some roster spots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to move down-roster players for late-round picks. Anae could be one. Maybe Donovan Wilson if Kazee isn't suspended. Canady with Joseph coming back?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
We do have to open up some roster spots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to move down-roster players for late-round picks. Anae could be one. Maybe Donovan Wilson if Kazee isn't suspended. Canady with Joseph coming back?

Jets’ Maye had a DUI in Feb and no suspension or anything yet. Sherman had a DUI(?) and a domestic issue only a few months ago and no suspension or anything yet.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Funny story: 3 years ago today, the Dallas Cowboys sent a first round draft pick to the Oakland Raiders for WR Amari Cooper.

Not advocating any trade of any sort, just found it somewhat ironic .

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Imagine if you read this headline on ESPN: The 5-1 Cowboys have just traded 0 draft picks for a top 20 Defensive end, top 10 RT and a #2/#1 WR. We would all be so excited.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not expecting anything. Maybe some bottom roster player for a conditional draft pick to free up space for an injured player return.

Texas2Step41

Reaction score
When was the last in-season trade we’ve had that didn’t involve us giving up a first round pick?

edmon

Reaction score
I could see the new coaching staff feeling like they can't invest any more time or roster spots on Trystan Hill. They didn't draft him but they did draft the new talent that has actually shown a little something. A conditional late round pick just to clean the smell from the locker room.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Jets’ Maye had a DUI in Feb and no suspension or anything yet. Sherman had a DUI(?) and a domestic issue only a few months ago and no suspension or anything yet.

I'm just never sure when it comes to our team since the decision on suspensions is at the commissioner's discretion. "Conduct detrimental" is a very open policy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see the new coaching staff feeling like they can't invest any more time or roster spots on Trystan Hill. They didn't draft him but they did draft the new talent that has actually shown a little something. A conditional late round pick just to clean the smell from the locker room.

A nice thought but I don’t think they’d get anything for Hill.