News: BR: Jerry Jones on NFL Trade Deadline: Cowboys Are 'Open for Business Year Round'

ESisback

Reaction score
Jets’ Maye had a DUI in Feb and no suspension or anything yet. Sherman had a DUI(?) and a domestic issue only a few months ago and no suspension or anything yet.

If we traded for Maye, the league would suspend him for the DUI immediately.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Trade for safety Marcus Maye?

I'd prefer to go corner. I like what we have at safety better than some do, though. Wouldn't be opposed to Maye. I just think the better bang for the buck is at the corner spot.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'd prefer to go corner. I like what we have at safety better than some do, though. Wouldn't be opposed to Maye. I just think the better bang for the buck is at the corner spot.
Who would you trade for?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Now that Dak is rated the best QB in the NFL this week,

Jerrah is definitely open for business, and wants to trade Dak .

It sounds insane , but thats Jerry .

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
A nice thought but I don’t think they’d get anything for Hill.

Any GM that pulled the trigger to give up draft picks for Hill, after 3 years and having not played this year, would rightly lose their job. Been injured more than been on the field.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Who would you trade for?

Joe Haden, if the price is right, and assuming Pittsburgh wants to trade him, sounds like he'd be a good choice. It would be a one-year rental while we give Joseph and Wright a chance to develop. I'd offer them Gallup and Canady for Haden and a sixth.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Haden, if the price is right, and assuming Pittsburgh wants to trade him, sounds like he'd be a good choice. It would be a one-year rental while we give Joseph and Wright a chance to develop. I'd offer them Gallup and Canady for Haden and a sixth.

I think I saw on PFF where Anthony Brown is rated better than Joe Haden.

gimmesix

Reaction score

Maybe right now, but Haden has clearly been the better player in his career. If Brown can play as well as he has in this system, Haden might thrive.

Of course, it's possible that Haden has hit that wall even though he was a Pro Bowl alternate just two years ago.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe right now, but Haden has clearly been the better player in his career. If Brown can play as well as he has in this system, Haden might thrive.

Of course, it's possible that Haden has hit that wall even though he was a Pro Bowl alternate just two years ago.

That’s what we have to consider, that Brown may be improving while Haden has peaked and is on the way down.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That’s what we have to consider, that Brown may be improving while Haden has peaked and is on the way down.

I'm not sure that Brown is improving. I think the defense is making Brown's play look better. It's easier to intercept underthrown passes or break to intercept one when the line is getting pressure that forces the ball out quickly.

I'm not sure what is going on with Haden in Pittsburgh, but a lot of the time, good and bad seasons for corners are tied to how the rest of the defense is playing. If the pressure isn't good in particular, then the corners are in trouble no matter how good they are.

I know what Haden has accomplished in his career is much better than anything we've gotten from Brown. Plus, I know that that starting corner spot could use an upgrade, so I hope Dallas is looking at that and not just thinking it drafted players at the position in the second and third rounds, so that's good enough.

If they don't view Haden as an upgrade, I can live with that. Not even looking into the possibility of upgrading is the type of thing this front office is liable to do to leave us lacking.

gimmesix

Reaction score

I think Cooper is a good example of what I just wrote. He was not playing for the Raiders like he was worthy of a first-round pick. However, his play ticked back up when he came here.

It's hard to know how a player is going to react and what the reasons for their "struggles" might be. Of course, that's why you have a pro scouting department. Hopefully, McClay has his scouts combing over possible tradeable corners.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

AB is rated ahead of Diggs on PFF.

So ... grain of salt.

Not that I think CB is the trade I'd make.

Need a legit 1 tech more.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's one proposition to be open for business and another to find success at it.

The Dallas Cowboys aren't one of the more fruitful teams in that respect. o_O

Most frequently, they will tend to partake in trade talks and fail to get results.

Last edited:

links18

Reaction score
We do have to open up some roster spots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to move down-roster players for late-round picks. Anae could be one. Maybe Donovan Wilson if Kazee isn't suspended. Canady with Joseph coming back?

You might get a ham sandwich for Wilson, maybe the bread for Candy.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Do you think maybe we should sign the best veteran backup QB we can find? I don't know that Rush is the answer if Dak goes down. Or is he?